jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Don't see why not? Surplus to requirements in the lower reaches of Belgian top flight

http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=144850

St Truiden are doing a decent job atm, sitting in 7th place (16 team league) and gunning for the Top 6 split off. 36 goals in 23 games isn’t a bad return, looks like the guys there are getting the goals meaning he can’t get in.

49 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

We don't need another striker, we, ve got Cody Cooke

With Cooke I see a player that obviously applies himself and is prepared to learn what it takes to step up to this level. 

This signing by Stubbs was really bringing in a player who needed a lot of adjustment to be able to compete at this level, but I actually have faith in Cody to deliver. If he gets the right kind of delivery into the box and has a good striking partner then he may turn out to be one of his few successes.

That having been said, I still think we need another striker who has found the net regularly in the past. :whistle

12 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

With Cooke I see a player that obviously applies himself and is prepared to learn what it takes to step up to this level. 

This signing by Stubbs was really bringing in a player who needed a lot of adjustment to be able to compete at this level, but I actually have faith in Cody to deliver. If he gets the right kind of delivery into the box and has a good striking partner then he may turn out to be one of his few successes.

That having been said, I still think we need another striker who has found the net regularly in the past. :whistle

But not to far in the past. :wink:

9 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Not long to go now - 48 hours or so.  Hope we at least get a half-decent striker in.

The fat lady don't sing until the paperwork is signed . . it don't mean it won't happen, just that the full agreement is not fully negotiated.

Even then, an other offer can sweep in stage right. etc. You can be sure when it becomes official (mostly)

40 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Any truth in McMillan, maybe?

I think that would be a decent signing if he can stay fit. Some journo has tweeted that Accies were trying to sign him but not sure if their lack of a manager changes that.

2 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
But he's injured yet again, as is Mullen - who plays up front if Jackson get's injured?

Jamieson

He has had injury issues too. He is young and inexperienced at this level - He clearly has potential and could possibly do a turn - but having an extra "good" striker would be a big asset. The BOD know this . . . .

He has had injury issues too. He is young and inexperienced at this level - He clearly has potential and could possibly do a turn - but having an extra "good" striker would be a big asset. The BOD know this . . . .
Completely agree we need a big, experienced striker. Just don't want us to forget about Sam.

9 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Sorry, have to admit I rarely read their match reports or pay attention to their team lines. My bad...

Any good ?

Scored a lot of goals in Ireland, struggled a bit with injuries at St Johnstone, mainly been used from the bench for them but St J fans on p &.b seem to think he's decent.