jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

He's a great wee player don't understand Jim goodwins thinking here. He makes a Hugh difference every time he comes on this is one that could definitely come back to haunt us. 

There's no way that's legit. That's for players who have no club or who are currently out of contract.

Danny Mullen is neither. His contract is expiring in the summer but then so is half of Scottish football and they aren't there.

If I'm wrong and he has been listed though, it's not a great shock.

He's one of two out of contract forwards in the summer and it was a toss up between himself and Cody Cooke to make way for the striker who is presumably imminent.

Danny can pull the odd belter out of nowhere and works really hard but for me, holding the ball up in the final third isn't his strong suit and it's clear Goodwin likes a forward to do this.

If he's on his way, all the best. Just hopefully it's not to a Hamilton or St. Johnstone where he will undoubtedly hurt us badly.

1 minute ago, elvis said:

I think it would be crazy if that were true goodwin has been full of praise for him when he's come on hope it's someone taking the piss

You never know. Mullen might see the writing on the wall, out of contract in summer, already told he's not getting extended or doesn't want to extend and both parties want to cut loose now.

Stranger things have happened. If Danny still had 18 months left, I'd be questioning the wisdom of this but he's got 6 months and he's not played as much football as he'd like.

I heard 2 weeks ago that Danny had been told to find a new club. Madness. He has the best scoring ratio of anyone at ghe club. If anyone should be going it shojld be Cooke.

Naturally the best finisher at the club. Has a little bit of a Ross Stewart feeling to it, far from the finished article - certainly has something about him.

Hope the striker that's coming in is impressive...

8 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Naturally the best finisher at the club. Has a little bit of a Ross Stewart feeling to it, far from the finished article - certainly has something about him.

Hope the striker that's coming in is impressive...

I agree with your last sentence. 

Danny is a hard working player and has scored important goals for us. 

I like him coming on as a sub. 

He tends to fall over too often, too easily however. 

Oh! 

And Djorkaeff played for QOS in closed door game against the Gers. 

Lad must be knackered as he played against Accies today.

Lyness, Grant, Ellis Broadfoot, N.McAllister, Erhahon, Henderson, McMaster, Djorkaeff, Jamieson, Cooke

Oh! 

And Djorkaeff played for QOS in closed door game against the Gers. 

If this is true I’d liked to have seen more of him. He looked full of potential early in the season.

11 hours ago, NB18 said:

Should never have signed him.

A prolific diving cheat who shames football.

We should have signed Josh Mullin instead of Mullen when we had the opportunity.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Should never have signed him.

A prolific diving cheat who shames football.

We should have signed Josh Mullin instead of Mullen when we had the opportunity.

WE ?

Obviously hearsay but was told that goody tried to offload Mullen in the summer, doesn’t fancy him at all and to be fair it kind of shows as earlier in the season (and even now) he opted to play anyone apart from Mullen, when other strikers where looking dung. Hope this doesn’t bite us in the arse boys scored some right important goals for us over the last 2 years. All the best if indeed true. 

would of thought Cooke would of been the one to go if any but I suppose he does offer physicality up there when mullen does enjoy a wee dive.

Obviously hearsay but was told that goody tried to offload Mullen in the summer, doesn’t fancy him at all and to be fair it kind of shows as earlier in the season (and even now) he opted to play anyone apart from Mullen, when other strikers where looking dung. Hope this doesn’t bite us in the arse boys scored some right important goals for us over the last 2 years. All the best if indeed true. 

would of thought Cooke would of been the one to go if any but I suppose he does offer physicality up there when mullen does enjoy a wee dive.
Say it again, Mullen is a winger, not a striker!
He needs umpteen chances to find the net. Yes he's s scored some, but yir Granny would get a similar return with that amount of chances.
Livi didn't seem to sad to offload him, and that was in the championship.
His best game this season was against Broxburn... say no more.

Danny Mullen isn't a Premiership level striker and if we aspire to climb the league and consolidate year on year then we need to carry a strike force of a higher calibre. That said, i'm not entirely convinced Morias is any better than him..

We must have another striker lined up that is clearly much better than what we have in the squad at the moment.

Good luck to Danny, he tried his hardest but unfortunately, much like Cammy Smith, the Premiership was a step too high for him.

Not for a moment saying Danny is a great striker but he is a hell of a lot better than Cooke. Cooke has had 3 League starts in 20 months under 3 different managers tells its own story. Danny came on as a sub on Saturday, scored one, made one and had a great volley on target. Cooke had come on as a sub in the five previous games and I only remember one shot on target from him. Cooke offers very little.   I would punt Cooke and keep Danny for now.

Not for a moment saying Danny is a great striker but he is a hell of a lot better than Cooke. Cooke has had 3 League starts in 20 months under 3 different managers tells its own story. Danny came on as a sub on Saturday, scored one, made one and had a great volley on target. Cooke had come on as a sub in the five previous games and I only remember one shot on target from him. Cooke offers very little.   I would punt Cooke and keep Danny for now.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cody goes out too/instead of...
Neither he nor Mullen are moving us forward, and Goody obviously thinks that too.
Obika had started getting striker/poacher goals, something wr have been lacking since Reilly went.
Morais has still to convince, his first touch even against the mighty Broxburn was poor. He needs to work on that, as he gets into promising positions to hurt our opponents.
Wonder who the new striker will be? I'd guess at an OF or English loanee?

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Cody goes out too/instead of...
Neither he nor Mullen are moving us forward, and Goody obviously thinks that too.
Obika had started getting striker/poacher goals, something wr have been lacking since Reilly went.
Morais has still to convince, his first touch even against the mighty Broxburn was poor. He needs to work on that, as he gets into promising positions to hurt our opponents.
Wonder who the new striker will be? I'd guess at an OF or English loanee?

I reckon Morias gets on a lot better playing wide where he has time and space. He did get a couple of decent shots in late in the game when he moved further out from the middle.

And from Saturday's brief appearance McGrath looks like he would be a great no 10 playing just off a striker.