jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Just now, Ethan said:

I would think we are in pole position to bring him home. 

Also, Don’t we usually put players up in the glynhill ? I’m positive but after the whole Ian Harte saga a few years back I’m not taking anything for granted

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Also, Don’t we usually put players up in the glynhill ? I’m positive but after the whole Ian Harte saga a few years back I’m not taking anything for granted

I thought Saints had Several  reserved Bins

. Oot the back of Asda, Linwood...?

16 hours ago, pod said:

As he's supposedly only made 4 appearances, he's probably not much in their plans at present.  

I saw online he managed 7 games for them - but either way its not that many. Hopefully he is fresh and fit and we will finally have a decent LB

If we get £30-45 k for Paul, that will cover some wages and we will save on Paul's massive pay-packet for the rest of the season !

Now are we getting an attacking midfielder or striker who will bang in lots of goals !  🤞

4 minutes ago, pod said:

Edinburgh boy, who has been at Hibs before  

Yes and they are clearly favourites for his signature - but our need is greater - question is what kind of deal could we offer?

Obviously Hibs have a budget, but is it already stretched and they need 2 defenders too...?

It is the kind of signing that could lift us into the top 6 - so the prize money difference would make the investment worthwhile IF he performed as he clearly can !

12 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yes and they are clearly favourites for his signature - but our need is greater - question is what kind of deal could we offer?

Obviously Hibs have a budget, but is it already stretched and they need 2 defenders too...?

It is the kind of signing that could lift us into the top 6 - so the prize money difference would make the investment worthwhile IF he performed as he clearly can !

So is his. 

Edited by pod

2 minutes ago, pod said:

So is his. 

Agreed - he wants regular football to get into the Scotland Team/Squad.

Hibs already have 3 good strikers - we have * - Where is he most guaranteed to get a 1st 11 jersey ?  :magic

Always check your sources - otherwise you might believe all kinds of nonsense.

Apparently he has played in 30 games this season and has 7 goals including 1 in an FLT match (just less than 1 every 4 games) If he is ours and scores 4 or 5 goals than wins us 6 points - I am okay with that...

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Where did you get this? 

I was looking at his league goals...............Played 110, Scored 14? 

It is Wiki right enough, hardly worth betting your salary on..........................

image.png.abd405827f72c90c2b82e91eead003d2.png

In mitigation, a lot of sub appearances

For example, 26 of his 38 appearances at Bristol Rovers were from the bench

You clueless imbecile 

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Apparently he has played in 30 games this season and has 7 goals including 1 in an FLT match (just less than 1 every 4 games) If he is ours and scores 4 or 5 goals than wins us 6 points - I am okay with that...

“Check your sources”

you then go on to say “apparently”, highlighting that you didn’t check any sources yourself

you are a brainless tit 

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We don't need him, we've got Obika. :lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

We don't need him, we've got Obika. :lol:

Obika's recent run is not too dreadful about 5 goals in 12 games or so.

JG said he had not done pre season when he arrived and was recovering from a long injury. Now the guys getting up to speed he is dong us a job - and yes that can take several months depending on what injury he was carrying.

He will never be prolific - but he is a real handful for most CB's - what we need is goals from many players - that way we are not dependent on one or two...

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

JG said he had not done pre season when he arrived and was recovering from a long injury. Now the guys getting up to speed he is dong us a job - and yes that can take several months depending on what injury he was carrying.

He will never be prolific - but he is a real handful for most CB's - what we need is goals from many players - that way we are not dependent on one or two...

You can't just count the last "12 games or so" FFS.

I agree we need other players to chip in, and if we had someone who has a knack of scoring Obika could be a good partner. 

Either that or he could get a job in the Kibble. 

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Agree. He took time to get up to speed. I also agree that he is nows handful for most central defenders but he needs men running off him to add to his effectiveness. Sure, he has had high profile misses. He's not alone in that.