Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

I'm sure some of you will have seen the photos on P&B, post no. 155411. Don't think they reached us. If i knew how to post them, I would. A bit of a vote loser for Salmond? Bad enough that he fraternised with Fred Goodwin.

post-1795-0-45550800-1391788663_thumb.jp

That's it, thanks Shull. There's something about Doncaster makes my skin crawl.Don't know a thing about Lawell but don't like his club. There are of course stories about him being a huge force in Scottish Football But I've never been able to guage how much truth there is in that. Why, oh why was the 11-1 not hit on the head when the chance was there? I've always found it difficult to believe it was just Aberdeen to blame.

Can't remember the other guy's name. Think he's a toon coonsellor or some such.

for another two seasons! but then... ... ... ... ?

I don't understand. There are only about 7 or 8 issues for which an 11-1 is required.

Stuff like home many home games one team can have televised and such like.

According to Gilmour there's nothing contentious there now is there?

Here's a wonderfully detailed and absorbing discussion about the problems besetting Scottish Football and some suggestions on how they might best be addressed.

Participants are 'Auldheid' and 'Big Pink', both posters on The Scottish Football Monitor. Both articulate, self-confessed Celtic fans but the podcast is NOT all about them. Nor is it all about 'THEM'.

This is about 50 mins long. Well worth the listen, if you can sustain concentration...

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/tsfm-episode-1_10867

Here's a wonderfully detailed and absorbing discussion about the problems besetting Scottish Football and some suggestions on how they might best be addressed.

Participants are 'Auldheid' and 'Big Pink', both posters on The Scottish Football Monitor. Both articulate, self-confessed Celtic fans but the podcast is NOT all about them. Nor is it all about 'THEM'.

This is about 50 mins long. Well worth the listen, if you can sustain concentration...

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/tsfm-episode-1_10867

Seriously? 50 minutes? lol.gif

We only have one major problem in Scottish football and that is how we make our top league more competitive in order to entice fans of other clubs to start coming back to games. Everything else is a symptom of that.

50 minutes. Life is waaaaay too short.

Seriously? 50 minutes? :lol

We only have one major problem in Scottish football and that is how we make our top league more competitive in order to entice fans of other clubs to start coming back to games. Everything else is a symptom of that.

50 minutes. Life is waaaaay too short.

Fairy Nuff.

I did warn there was the hurdle of sustained concentration. I don't blame you for baulking.

However....

I would suggest there are several 'major problems', with varying degrees of interconnection. The simple approach has its rewards just, perhaps, not here.

Fairy Nuff.

I did warn there was the hurdle of sustained concentration. I don't blame you for baulking.

However....

I would suggest there are several 'major problems', with varying degrees of interconnection. The simple approach has its rewards just, perhaps, not here.

Aye make it more difficult than it is.

The root cause of the problem is that we have a hierarchy which doesn't WANT to threaten the dominance of the OF because they "bring home the bacon" in terms of a TV deal.

The root cause of that is an overdependence on TV money but for the life of me I can't fathom why - it's not as though an extra £5 million per team, for example, would see us challenge in Europe any better than we already do.

Once our leaders realise that the only thing we have is our domestic game and then wake up to the fact that TV money skews the competition thus rendering the SPL title meaningless for about 40 teams maybe just maybe we'll see a very simple solution.

Sometimes simple is the correct approach.

This 'better simple' approach of yours is as simplistic, immature and naive as your "I won't respond to you" tactic with Dixon.

The people in the podcast are well aware of your alleged 'root cause' and they address ways in which it could be tackled.

In your support, I recognise you 'can't fathom why' they won't address it: you COULD learn something from them, if you were not so closed-minded.

You might be enlightened as to the array of problems above, beyond and enveloping your 'root cause'.

It's not just wishful thinking for someone to hope that "maybe just maybe we'll see a very simple solution", it's bollox.

mccoist reckons he only needs £30 million to win the top league when he gets back there, no lessons being learned - i am happy to report

He'll need 30 million to win the Championship, never mind the Premiership.

He's a pish Manager who'll need £200 million to win the Top League.

F*CKEM !!

They will just come back as if nothing has happened.

It won't go away too big and powerful.

A disgrace the pair of them but that's life up here

They may do but.....

when you drop a tennis ball, after the first bounce it loses momentum and never reaches the same height bounce after bounce till it finally comes to rest........motionless and dead