Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Hell, I meant to say Rangers IN The Shite but I was thinking of old Blue Eyes at the time. And he definitely wasn't a Gers fan.

'Rangers in the shite' wouldn't have been a good name for the fitba team, though.... And we'd likely have been unable to glimpse the allusion to the song, cos it's just an accurate description of their plight.

Stop explaining. It was fine, as it was. :)

'Rangers in the shite' wouldn't have been a good name for the fitba team, though.... And we'd likely have been unable to glimpse the allusion to the song, cos it's just an accurate description of their plight.

Stop explaining. It was fine, as it was. smile.png

You made me think of one of my old teachers just then Not sure which one. I feel kind of corrected.

From Twitter-

Phil MacGiollaBhain (@Pmacgiollabhain) tweeted at 5:46 PM on Thu, Jan 16, 2014:

"Rangers are in now Administration in everything but name." This was said to me by a senior person in a SPFL championship club today.

(https://twitter.com/Pmacgiollabhain/status/423873881711972352)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

Surely no way back this time!

Is he the exiled celtic supporter who blogs from Ireland? If it is I wouldn't give him the oxygen of publicity given what he has written about saints over the years

Is he the exiled celtic supporter who blogs from Ireland? If it is I wouldn't give him the oxygen of publicity given what he has written about saints over the years

From that perspective, I would agree with you.

However, he has been very accurate and yet often conservative about THIS demise of sevco. He certainly has no love of their fans but still understands and empathises with the shit they're going through.

I imagine that his personal safety is a reason why he shifted to Ireland.

From that perspective, I would agree with you.

However, he has been very accurate and yet often conservative about THIS demise of sevco. He certainly has no love of their fans but still understands and empathises with the shit they're going through.

I imagine that his personal safety is a reason why he shifted to Ireland.

He shifted to Ireland because he wanted to "go home". This despite being Scottish. The guys a tw*t of the highest order.

Got to laugh at "Rangers supporters chief" Andy Kerr backing the players decision to reject the wage cut... he's obviously not noticing the signs... losing over £1m per month, most of the money from the share issue has now been spent, McCoist asked to take a wage cut for a few years and save the club £800k, players asked to take a wage cut or else the club need to sell players in this window = major cash flow problem before they can get money in from season ticket sales for next season.

The International Rangers didn't need to pay Jon Daly 4 or 5 times what he was on at DUFC to get him to sign for them in the 3rd tier of Scottish football but they did just that and now don't have the cash to keep paying him and everyone else too much.Oh well.

From Rangers Rumours site the ED is basically a fan boy and if he saying this then it must be dire. Sad ehthumbup2.gif

16 Jan 2014 18:06:28
on ssn, rangers players refuse 15% pay cut, thoughts?

Stuart776

{Ed039's Note - Administration inevitable for a long time, this just confirms it)

1.) Ouch ED. If that's you're take on it then I really am worried. However I can't really see any convincing counter arguement and the share price performace suggests you've got it spot on.

Am I correct in thinking that new rules mean that any team involved in an insolvence event is automatically sent to division 2? That really would be a disaster.

D

{Ed039's Note - No its not an automatic relegation, otherwise Hearts and Dunfermline would be there as they started the season in administration, it is an automatic points deduction and player registration embargo and probably a fine, although I dont understand what good a fine does when a club is in financial ruins)

Heard earlier that they are trying to get 4 or 5 away on loan or transferred .

Wouldn't be surprised to see some of them head in Hearts direction, if the are allowed.

Help Hearts try to claw te gap back and keep them out of their way for next season, if they are still in business.

I'm sure The Rangers would prefer to avoid Hearts next season.

I'll pass on this story but have no idea how accurate it may be. I've mentioned before that a guy comes into our club and he answers to the name of Ken Rangers. He is a season ticket holder and travels to most games but believe it or not he is fairly sane. A few months back I was enjoying taking the piss about Rangers going down the plughole again but he was having none of it. Yesterday I was chatting to him and he hasn't half changed his tune. He reckons that if Rangers beat Forfar tonight Dunfermline cannot catch them with a twenty point gap with only six games to play and he believes Rangers will go into administration within days. I've no idea if this has been suggested before on the likes of the P&B thread. The sickening thing is that he claims the worst the SFA can do is deduct fifteen points and Rangers would still be promoted. I know there will be fines and a repeat of some kind of embargoes but that would hardly be punishment enough.

I have no idea if there is anything in this at all.He seemed pretty sure of his facts but wouldn't tell me his source. I'm passing it on for what it's worth. Make of it what you will.

I'll pass on this story but have no idea how accurate it may be. I've mentioned before that a guy comes into our club and he answers to the name of Ken Rangers. He is a season ticket holder and travels to most games but believe it or not he is fairly sane. A few months back I was enjoying taking the piss about Rangers going down the plughole again but he was having none of it. Yesterday I was chatting to him and he hasn't half changed his tune. He reckons that if Rangers beat Forfar tonight Dunfermline cannot catch them with a twenty point gap with only six games to play and he believes Rangers will go into administration within days. I've no idea if this has been suggested before on the likes of the P&B thread. The sickening thing is that he claims the worst the SFA can do is deduct fifteen points and Rangers would still be promoted. I know there will be fines and a repeat of some kind of embargoes but that would hardly be punishment enough.

I have no idea if there is anything in this at all.He seemed pretty sure of his facts but wouldn't tell me his source. I'm passing it on for what it's worth. Make of it what you will.                                                             

I don't profess to know the ins and outs of such matters , however I am pleased they got sent to bottom tier of our league and if/ when they get back then so be it.

Interesting scenario though.

I don't profess to know the ins and outs of such matters , however I am pleased they got sent to bottom tier of our league and if/ when they get back then so be it.

Interesting scenario though.

I've seen this as a likely scenario since they accrued a decent gap. They can't afford to wait too long else they might not exit in time for next season.

Although wouldn't their punishment be 27 or 28 points as they won the bottom tier with 83 points last year?