A New Bidder ?

Wilbur

They certainly came across as an organisation to avoid. The way they were casually talking about replacing the manager currently in the middle of a relegation struggle if they got control stank.

They could bring QOS management team (back) to the SP hell...?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/consortium-set-sights-on-st-mirren-after-change-of-heart.17341276

The consortium involved are determined to buy a Scottish club and may have turned their sights on St Mirren. Thought the bid for Queens looked badly handled and don't see what they would bring to the table at St Mirren.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/consortium-set-sights-on-st-mirren-after-change-of-heart.17341276

The consortium involved are determined to buy a Scottish club and may have turned their sights on St Mirren. Thought the bid for Queens looked badly handled and don't see what they would bring to the table at St Mirren.

In my opinion, and it's only an opinion so please don't sue me.

I don't think it really matters what new bidders materialise, the consortium have they're prefered bidder and so far it looks they only want to thrash out the sale with them.

I am sure the selling consortium will be happy to discuss the potential sale to any bidder but the same doubts will surely remain as to where the money is coming from and if it is not secured against the club then how would they be planning to get their money back ?

Nobody will buy St.Mirren for £1.75m just for a jolly.

All up for looking at alternatives but they must be sustainable long term bids. Looking at what Romanov has done at Hearts, what happened to Mileson at Gretna and what has happened up the road at Ibrox tells me that anyone coming in from outside the area waving around promises of loads of investment need to be treated with a good deal of suspicion.

Yes, like Richard was/is before anyone else says it !

At least we know where the money is coming from to fund that bid though. I'd be interested to see the business model of any consortium who thought they could shell out £1.75m and get that back without doing any borrowing at all and whilst investing further money in the club.

In my opinion, and it's only an opinion so please don't sue me.

I don't think it really matters what new bidders materialise, the consortium have they're prefered bidder and so far it looks they only want to thrash out the sale with them.

We surely all want St.Mirren people running the club ?

Unfortunately apart from Gordon Scott (bid rejected and has invested elsewhere) and Ken McGeoch there have been no bids made for the club (that we know of) from within the St.Mirren support.

So, selling to a co-operative of supporters looks like it is going to be the only way the selling consortium can ensure that control remains in the hands of the people who value the club most.

Unless of course they disband the consortium and sell their shareholding individually to others. Which won't happen this far down the line.

Heard I bloke on the radio at the weekend (radio Scotland ) I think. He was taking about this takeover of QofS.............and from that I would say take a wide berth and hopefully that has happened. As for saints, I hope that they also heard this interview and will not give them the time of day.

Very dangerous this one. Media Pro Sports is nothing more than a front company created to manage the purchase of the major shareholding in a Scottish Football Club. The accountant fronting it has no wealth of his own and is a serial director. The one business with any longevity is currently in liquidation. There are some scarey links to some very dodgy characters including a boxing promoter that has already been told he's not fit to own a football club in Engerland...and they're no fussy. It is a spurious link; however there is a hint of a connection to the utter f'k'n scumbag that has wrecked Blachburn.

If anything this should help drive more 10,000hrs memberships.

Very dangerous this one. Media Pro Sports is nothing more than a front company created to manage the purchase of the major shareholding in a Scottish Football Club. The accountant fronting it has no wealth of his own and is a serial director. The one business with any longevity is currently in liquidation. There are some scarey links to some very dodgy characters including a boxing promoter that has already been told he's not fit to own a football club in Engerland...and they're no fussy. It is a spurious link; however there is a hint of a connection to the utter f'k'n scumbag that has wrecked Blachburn.

Sid - not often I say this - that is a very good post. You & I know a few things about the shenanigans of owners/agents/advisers in Lancashire, and from a few stories I've heard, the above post is a lot more accurate than some would imagine. These guys just want a club..any club, and that alone should send alarm bells ringing.

I cannot possibly see SG & Co selling to them, as he has always stated that it would need to be for the good of the club. Even if these chancers bid £2.2m, it would be way too risky.

I would like to see 10,000Hours go "full pelt" on a PR/recruitment offensive. Thus far outside of this forum, where it has been quite intense, the general supporters / Paisley public are largely in the dark/not that aware of it. This is a waste of an opportunity, and unless addressed properly, is something that 10,000Hours could live to regreat Saints have loads of good allies in the media, most of whom would probably be onside for the CiC idea. The simple sales/marketing plan of "explain what the CiC is about / explain how it benefits the supporter / explain the membership packages/benefits / make it easy to sign-up"................give that to as many people, as quickly as possible.

• 10 years later...