Paul Mcginn Signs

Liason909

exactly a player is only worth what a club are able and willing to pay. He was standout player for them so they believe he is due to be one of their highest earners. People get so wound up about these things without thinking it through. If he was to be our "marquee" signing I'm sure we'd have out bid them. I've never seen him play but had heard good reports so was hoping he'd be ready to push for 1st team,not now though.

"Marquee" signing,will he play next to the Feegiedome?

• 11 months later...

In the Championship team of the year. Out of contract. Wonder if he could come back?

We've already got a decent young right back who has the desire to wear our strip.

Move Naismith in one. Did he not start out as a central defender? Bring McGinn in at full back smile.png

From what I've seen of Naismith, I don't think he's strong enough in the air for a CH.

When I saw him when he was used as a sub for CH, before he established himself at RB, I wasn't convinced. A year or so on, I'm still not.

I think he's got the attributes to make a great RB and it would be to our detriment attacking wise, as his forays up the wings put pressure on opposition defences.

Simply put, we need to sign at least one new CH, IMO.

Apparently McGinn is on Dundee's radar. If he is half as good as his brothers we should go after him.

Living over in Dunbartonshire, we get the local rag delivered, and McGinn is consistently identified as one of their best players in what has been a great season overall for the Sons.

That said, he left Saints because he wanted to play first team football, and I wonder whether he would come back unless pretty much guaranteed a starting berth. That would mean either dropping Naismith or shifting him into centre half, neither of which seems entirely fair to me.

Living over in Dunbartonshire, we get the local rag delivered, and McGinn is consistently identified as one of their best players in what has been a great season overall for the Sons.

That said, he left Saints because he wanted to play first team football, and I wonder whether he would come back unless pretty much guaranteed a starting berth. That would mean either dropping Naismith or shifting him into centre half, neither of which seems entirely fair to me.

or maybe the club are looking to get money for naismith while still has years left on his contract.

or maybe the club are looking to get money for naismith while still has years left on his contract.

I would be disappointed if we sold Naismith or kelly this summer especially after signing long term deals. If DVZ goes we will only have four defenders at the club, no reason McGinn couldn't come in and get regular football if he performs.

True enough Drew, but if Naismith himself feels that he would be more comfortable as a CH, then it may not in his opinion be unfair, and we certainly can't doubt the pedigree of the McGinn's at our level.

I'm also thinking that if Connor Newton is either away back to the Toon, or to be offloaded to someone else down south, then perhaps Paul may see himself as a young man who may get plenty of first team game time if we offer Danny a new contract, given that he has no problem playing the youngsters.

Just a thought, but I would love to see him back in the Black and White (pin.. euchhh..) stripes.

Never stopped Ian Cameron.

He sat one of his final economics exams at Glasgow Uni on the morning of the '87 cup final.

Now at 1st team coach at Thistle and combines that with accountancy work.

Pah - the youth of today!

Seriously though, good luck to the lad. If he can earn a good living outside of football, then that is arguably a better option, as many players don't make the grade once they hit their early 20's.

Look how many future "stars" St Mirren have had in recent years that never really made the grade or injuries hampered their progress.

Then again, look at the guys who made it big. Ricky Gillies' move to AC Milan for example...