Stockport V St Mirren 27/7/13

just back ,good day and night in the brittania .football pretty pedestrian ,considering next week the league starts was hoping for a bit more than 1st gear,defence still looks soft and lost,middle looked better yesterday though ,but thommo really needs to get his finger out his arse,17th of march was now over 4 months ago and really needs to start showing more than the tripe he has been putting out ,still came for photos and autoghraphs at end of the game but that doesn't score goals im afraid

just back ,good day and night in the brittania .football pretty pedestrian ,considering next week the league starts was hoping for a bit more than 1st gear,defence still looks soft and lost,middle looked better yesterday though ,but thommo really needs to get his finger out his arse,17th of march was now over 4 months ago and really needs to start showing more than the tripe he has been putting out ,still came for photos and autoghraphs at end of the game but that doesn't score goals im afraid

Saving himself at the moment as he is really needed as there's no other options

Saving himself at the moment as he is really needed as there's no other options

that's dannys fault ,but the big man cant just walk about looking bored ,couple of times yesterday he could have run maybe 3 yards to get the ball inside the box but he just didn't bother ,that's not a genuine strikers instinct im afraid

couple of players saving their energy yesterday and i don't blame them, in that heat and with nothing at stake it would be a bit daft to go hell for leather, mcginn our best player on the day, and the fan who held the ball on the terracing to prevent a quick corner by county was the best fan on the day

Not going argue with you as it's plain to see there's a lot more in Thommo's locker.

On to the game a lovely sunny day sitting in the sun.

A non event first half with any chances wasted by Saints.

Second half a bit better with Stockport making more of a game of it.

St Mirren wasted a lot of good chances by over hitting crosses into the box or trying to walk it in.

The goalie didn't have much to do and seems to be a keeper who's glued to his line where crosses concerned.

The defence struggled a bit when Cheesy went off and it seemed for a time Stockport No 14 was going past our players with ease worth looking at Danny boy. St Mirren Harkins and McGinn are a class above with there use of the ball and a lot of there good work was wasted. The Stockport fans were a pleasant lot and were suprised at the numbers that came down to visit their ground. One nice old man give the wee man a team sheet outside the ground and a few were chatting away asking how Goody and Nightmare are playing. A good weekend and the premier inn was full of saints fans and the boozers were friendly but the locals did say to us avoid the place after dark as the nutters would be out to play. If we get a couple of forwards in i think we will be okay if not well i won't go there

In his 3 years Danny Lennon has won the Scottish League Cup for St Mirren, me and all of us and gave me, along with my daughter, the greatest day of our life.

Thank you Dan The Legend !

And we're still in top league.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a couple of us fancy popping up for a game this season, any decent B&Bs in Paisley or would you suggest we stay in Glasgow?

I'd recommend staying in Glasgow. It's only a few quid on the train through to Paisley. Edited by JM1