Are Hibs Worse Than Us?

We've had two stinkers pre-season (so far), and I think losing to QotS was even worse (as a result, but less painful) than losing to Morton. However, I would suggest that the spanking Hibs got at home last night says they could be in deep doo-doo this season. Any thoughts?

Hibs are going to miss Griffiths big time , he got the club and Fenlon out of jail last season. Fenlon might be gone soon , but they have a decent squad with the only question mark being their central defence. I'm pretty sure they won't be in the relegation mix

I'm not interested in comparing St Mirren to other clubs. It reeks of straw clutching.

Let's sort out our own house, and get on with things.

My fear, and fear it is, is that after these results, come mid-season we might find straws, far less points, hard to come by.

As a guy mentioned in Buddie Banter ( PDE ), there's hee haw tae worry about.

Never mind aw the defeats, we're still miles ahead on aggregate after our 16 nil scoosh of Port Glasgow OBU. punk.gifthumbup2.gif

As a guy mentioned in Buddie Banter ( PDE ), there's hee haw tae worry about.

Never mind aw the defeats, we're still miles ahead on aggregate after our 16 nil scoosh of Port Glasgow OBU. punk.gifthumbup2.gif

Not miles ahead Shull. By my calculation we have scored 19 and conceded 12 thus putting the meaningless pre-season goal average at a positive of 7 goals.

It is so entirely meaningless I really do not know why I am wasting my borrowed time even posting about it but I just cannot help myself when it comes to discussing all things St Mirren. Anyway I hope it stays dry today as I have plans!

I'm not interested in comparing St Mirren to other clubs. It reeks of straw clutching.

Let's sort out our own house, and get on with things.

Totally agree with that!

But I will also add Aberdeen got humped off Peterhead, ICT drew with Raith Rovers, Thistle lost to Arbroath . Some fans never understand pre-season results don't matter its all about fitness and trying out new tactics.

To lose 12 goals is a tad worrying but its fcking pre season.

If we lose 12 goals in the first 3 SPL games we have a right to be angry/worried.

Not miles ahead Shull. By my calculation we have scored 19 and conceded 12 thus putting the meaningless pre-season goal average at a positive of 7 goals.

It is so entirely meaningless I really do not know why I am wasting my borrowed time even posting about it but I just cannot help myself when it comes to discussing all things St Mirren. Anyway I hope it stays dry today as I have plans!

At your age, keeping things dry will be a problem.

Hibs are pish, as are Hearts, and Thistle are a first division team who've lost their best players and replaced with a bit of SPL experience. There'll be a battle at the bottom of the league this season - hopefully we won't be part of it.

Incidentally, speaking of preseason and how important results are, will David Moyes be under severe pressure since Utd are losing their 3rd friendly of the preseason in China? Or do you think they'll view it as an exercise in gaining fitness?

I would suggest you don't sound like a 'Happy Buddie' I would suggest also that the school holidays are just a wee bit too long. Don't bit I am having fun being a Happy Buddie. Don't compare a meaningful game of football with a preseason kick about. Starting at Inverness next week is what counts Happy Buddie :)

Hibs are going to miss Griffiths big time , he got the club and Fenlon out of jail last season. Fenlon might be gone soon , but they have a decent squad with the only question mark being their central defence. I'm pretty sure they won't be in the relegation mix

Really? From what I saw last season Griffiths and the young lad Harris were exceptional. McPake is a solid defender but then I begin to struggle to identify who else in that team can be considered decent. They have also lost Doyle too so they are relying on Vine to score the goals for them. I wonder if their £200k has had a change of heart after the severe humping they got last night?

Really? From what I saw last season Griffiths and the young lad Harris were exceptional. McPake is a solid defender but then I begin to struggle to identify who else in that team can be considered decent. They have also lost Doyle too so they are relying on Vine to score the goals for them. I wonder if their £200k has had a change of heart after the severe humping they got last night?

McPake is nowhere near as solid as folk make him out to be, added to the fact that he's becoming a bit of a crock.

Malmo are mid season and top of the league over there. They knocked TCFKAR out the CL qualifiers 2 seasons back so them humping a Hibs in a competition almost all provincial Scottish clubs struggle in was no surprise at all. Hibs minus rat boy will be in the mix at the bottom imo.