Let's Move On .. Saints V Killie 17/8/13

shull

Yeah,because Kilmarnock were all over us and peppered our goal with attempts........

Cornell barely had a save to make.

I didn't say Killie were any good, when they scored they were on top, but 11 v 11 we didn't really look like scoring, Didn't seem to be any tempo or urgency, McGowan was poor expect better from him, Goodwin was poor at the back, But great to see McLean and McGregor back and playing, But we rely to much on Teale to get us in forward positions, Good to have Newton back as well, Saying nothing about the manager said all I need to,

The only reason we got a point today was down the stupidity of Kris Boyd,

Well it certainly helped but not sure that's a wholly accurate statement to make. I thought we started very well. spammy had a great save from Thomson's header and McLean was close to sneaking one following some outstanding play.

We did what you would expect with the numerical superiority. We pressed and created numerous chances and tbh we're really unlucky not to take all three points. I don't remember Cornell having a save of note to make during the match.

The frustrating thing was that we had nothing really to come off the bench to change the game and until Lennon strengthens the squad that will remain the case.

Not great, but better than I feared.

When I read the twitter pages on here you would have thought we had won handsomely with some of the comments. It was 2 pts dropped at home playing against ten men for 35 mins. It's a bad result and as we head away to a wounded county next week followed by a v tough league cup game Danny had better find some players and quick

Besides the result it was a pretty decent game today. We had by far the best chances in the first half and they had a great wee player in their No 19. No keeper had a real save to make though in spite of the reasonable football on offer.

After Boyd scored we totally dominated of course and had numerous chances but fair play to Sammy who had two brilliant saves to keep us out. Darren is maybe not the greatest full back or passer but his height and aggression were welcome and he fed Teale which is something that DVZ doesnt do enough of. Contrary to others I thought Mclean was pretty ghost-like especially in the first half but improved a wee bit in the second half. At least we have another player available. Gowser was playing oh-so-deep which is a waste IMHO. Newton was great. So glad he is back with us. Overall a decent game but disappointing result.

Besides the result it was a pretty decent game today. We had by far the best chances in the first half and they had a great wee player in their No 19. No keeper had a real save to make though in spite of the reasonable football on offer.

After Boyd scored we totally dominated of course and had numerous chances but fair play to Sammy who had two brilliant saves to keep us out. Darren is maybe not the greatest full back or passer but his height and aggression were welcome and he fed Teale which is something that DVZ doesnt do enough of. Contrary to others I thought Mclean was pretty ghost-like especially in the first half but improved a wee bit in the second half. At least we have another player available. Gowser was playing oh-so-deep which is a waste IMHO. Newton was great. So glad he is back with us. Overall a decent game but disappointing result.

Eh Cornell had great save in first half as did Samson then Samson had a wonder save followed by other top class save. We're u at the game?

Killie had a shot from 20yards say and Cornell touched it round the post. Ref gave a corner so he got a touch

It was going well wide.

Unlike Thommohawk's header.

Exactly.

I was sitting just to the side of then goals. Was heading easily a yard wide. Poor judgment to touch it bit if in doubt, i suppose.

I never thought Samason was a "brilliant" keeper but from what we've seen so far I'd say he is better than Cornell.

Edited by davidg

Compared to what has been said about the team up until now it was a fantastic performance.

The result definitely was frustrating, but to write off a season on today's performance would be ludicrous as a bit of luck could have seen 2 or 3 more goals for us.

Last season's 2nd placed Motherwell lost 2-0 in Inverness.

Equally we drew at home against a similarly classed club with 10 men for 35 mins…

The defence could have been more secure and not switched off for their goal...

We were wearing our away strip at home...

It is all about opinions and perspective…

Think a few people are being a bit harsh on McLean, Just back from a injury and playing well out of position, I think he done a decent job, Would like to see him playing in the middle of midfield tho,

I agree bud, thought he had an excellent second half and did ok in the first. Some great balls across the goals in second half.

Thought Grainger made him look stupid sometimes in the first half.

The defence aren't on the same wave length. Grainger rescued goodwin a few times when was constantly sucked out of position and nobody has any confidence in the keeper.

Exactly.

I was sitting just to the side of then goals. Was heading easily a yard wide. Poor judgment to touch it bit if in doubt, i suppose.

I never thought Samason was a "brilliant" keeper but from what we've seen so far I'd say he is better than Cornell.

Samson wasn't exactly brilliant in his first season with us.

Cornell will do fine and will be no worse than Samson IMO.

Also, hope Grainger's knee is O.K.

Edited by FTOF

We have no real historical record of beating teams down to 10 men.

It's a rare occurrence and given the negativity the fans are currently projecting onto the players it's hardly surprising we struggle through nerves.

A point is a point and we're off and running.

It's irrelevant whether we have a history of it or not. We should be beating 10 men at home.