St Mirren V Motherwell 14/09/2013

insaintee

That's not much of an ask !

It's so obvious from the stands , the players should speak up though as they must know they are being asked to play out with their own comfort zone.

If they are speaking up & management ain't listening there ls a bigger issue.

I'm sure on here we are all reasonably good at our own jobs , but ask me to wire your electrics and your taking a gamble ! It has to be the same asking players to do a different job.

Can you plaster ?.

Recent results have been good. Link below. Unbeaten against them in the last five league outings. We're at home (Shhh!)

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/match/index.html?event=21;opposition=507;team=497

Can we make it six in a row undefeated? Don't ask me, I will simply roll up as usual, will cheer them onto the park, and won't boo anyone, or shout abuse at any individual. What more can I do?

I'm not going to attempt a prediction for this one as there are far too many variables.

Will Caprice take to the field?

Will McGregor be risked at right back?

Will Bahoken find his feet and allow the team respite by putting pressure on the opposition defence?

And that's just the obvious.

I hope for a good solid performance and, at this moment in time, can only pray for victory and a start of the recovery.

At the very least we will be guaranteed 45 minutes of comedy if our new striker is playing,so still looking forward to it

Dear oh dear!

No time to train with his teammates, probably didn't know most of their names, thrown straight into action in a struggling team, with the midfield sitting 20 yards behind him and the big striker that's just flicked the ball on to him. He was keen to impress, trying to run in behind people and taking shots. Some of his shots were wild but to describe his performance as "45 minutes of comedy" is poor, poor stuff.

They can lick away , until their team gets 'licked'

We will not lose this game.

I thought we wouldn't lose the Ross County game, they were rubbish, they'd lost all of their 3 games. I then thought we wouldn't lose the QOTS game, we were the holders, they were first division. I was then sure we wouldn't lose at home to Patick Thistle. They were the New Kids on the Block, we were the experienced SPL side, it was in our own back yard for goodness sake.

We lost all 3 games.

Are we really going to avoid defeat against Motherwell?

I thought we wouldn't lose the Ross County game, they were rubbish, they'd lost all of their 3 games. I then thought we wouldn't lose the QOTS game, we were the holders, they were first division. I was then sure we wouldn't lose at home to Patick Thistle. They were the New Kids on the Block, we were the experienced SPL side, it was in our own back yard for goodness sake.

We lost all 3 games.

Yes.

I had hoped that Danny and St Mirren had parted ways by now.

However, we have to accept the fact that he will be in charge for the Motherwell game.

This raises a lot of questions.

1: A lot of st mirren fans will be expecting him to fail and get the tactics wrong

2: Any time a Saints player makes a mistake it will be magnified.

3: Is this not added pressure that the club does not need at this point?

4: Are we stuck with Danny because we can't afford to pay him off?

I honestly think Danny is better off managing Tattie Bogle United in the Simit and Drawers league, it would be better for his health, he might stop looking like

his granda.

Edited by murray street

Dear oh dear!

No time to train with his teammates, probably didn't know most of their names, thrown straight into action in a struggling team, with the midfield sitting 20 yards behind him and the big striker that's just flicked the ball on to him. He was keen to impress, trying to run in behind people and taking shots. Some of his shots were wild but to describe his performance as "45 minutes of comedy" is poor, poor stuff

Oh right,so not knowing the names of other players and being asked to play in a football match was a bridge too far for this professional footballer !!! ok scratch comedy,how does rank rotten grab you ? even our excuse of a manager spotted it

Oh right,so not knowing the names of other players and being asked to play in a football match was a bridge too far for this professional footballer !!! ok scratch comedy,how does rank rotten grab you ? even our excuse of a manager spotted it

Saints0

(I suppose your pseudonym actually tells it's own storywhistling.gif )

How many players, especially young lads, have you seen who don't play well in the first game yet go on to prove themselves invaluable to a team?

I know I've seen many in my day.

Recent results have been good. Link below. Unbeaten against them in the last five league outings. We're at home (Shhh!)

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/match/index.html?event=21;opposition=507;team=497

Can we make it six in a row undefeated? Don't ask me, I will simply roll up as usual, will cheer them onto the park, and won't boo anyone, or shout abuse at any individual. What more can I do?

You know..thumbup2.gif there is lots more you can do and probably have done a million times...

Cheer and applaud a piece of good play.

Roar on at any attacks.

Applaud any attempt at goal.

Applaud a good passage of play.

Drown out any boooooooing during the game by the brain-dead.

Oh! and of course join in any Songs, especially if its to drown out the 'Well fans.songs.

I'm sure you used to do that. Actually reminds me of a saying: "don't let the Bastards grind you down".

Edited by Vambo57

We lost all 3 games.

Who knows? I hope the team don't approach the game with the same attitude and mindset as you, then your wish will come true.

Please give it a rest.

Edited by Vambo57

I thought he would of been gone by now to be honest, looks like he could still be here for the well game.

Get away!

You are just racking up the disappointments in your young life at the moment. Lighten up and take it as it comes mate. You might enjoy life more.

You know..thumbup2.gif there is lots more you can do and probably have done a million times...

Roar on at any attacks.

Oh! and of course join in any Songs, especially if its to drown out the 'Well fans.songs.

I'm sure you used to do that. Actually reminds me of a saying: "don't let the Bastards grind you down".

I'm reminded of a saying "he's about as much use as wing mirrors on a submarine" lol.gif

Who knows? I hope the team don't approach the game with the same attitude and mindset as you, then your wish will come true.

Please give it a rest.

What attitude?

My point is simple. Motherwell are a far better team than County, QOTS, and Thistle, I'm sure everyone will agree. Of course the problem is in the space of the last 10 days we have lost to County, QOTS and Thistle. Have we ever had a run of 3 such poor defeats against smaller clubs before? I certainly can't remember one.

Therefore it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out its pretty unlikely we will beat Motherwell. Of course it's football and anything can happen, but we will be underdogs going into this game with all bookies and all fans of the Scottish game. I'd bite your hand off for a point right now and I'm sure most realistic Saints fans would say the same thing.

Roar on at any attacks.

am I allowed to boo at the end when we get beat ?