St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 30/9/13

shull

Football insanely sold its soul to TV, so this match will have a reduced attendance as it's stupidly getting played on a Monday night.

Dons fans wouldve have sold out their allocation, inc. West Bank bit if played on a Saturday.

Crowd - 4013

Football insanely sold its soul to TV, so this match will have a reduced attendance as it's stupidly getting played on a Monday night.

Dons fans wouldve have sold out their allocation, inc. West Bank bit if played on a Saturday.

Crowd - 4013

I was going to come to this game but changed my mind.

Crowd : no many.

Aye Lex, make it !

Okay:

We'll huff, we'll puff, then we'll lose. 1-0, 2-0, something like that. That result in isolation would be no disgrace, Aberdeen are a bigger team with a far bigger budget and they should be beating us.

It's the fact that it's getting so depressingly predictable that's hard to take.

What we need now to complete the groundhog days is some optimists to come on and say things like: ' We are definitely going to win this, we are due a win, i can feel us getting a win today, i promise a Saints win here '. Just like the Well and Hibs games.

I'd probably throw in some of the young players, they can't be any worse than the current lot. I'd be tempted to start with something like:

Dilo

Caprice McAusland McGregor Kelly

Newton McGinn

Teale McGowan Yaqub

Thompson

Can Yaqub play left midfield? I'm pretty sure he played there in the Killie game at the end of last season and almost scored.

I'd probably throw in some of the young players, they can't be any worse than the current lot. I'd be tempted to start with something like:

Dilo

Caprice McAusland McGregor Kelly

Newton McGinn

Teale McGowan Yaqub

Thompson

Can Yaqub play left midfield? I'm pretty sure he played there in the Killie game at the end of last season and almost scored.

Yep, he's comfortable playing there now. Seems more comfortable in a more advanced role, which is fair enough for a modern day, attack minded fullback.

I'd also like to see him get his chance. We seriously lack width down the left hand side.