St Mirren V Butcher's Hibernian Top League Nov. 2013

shull

I for one, am pleased to read Butcher is not in the dug out this Saturday.

Think it helps us as a bit scared of his managerial record of getting the best out of average players.

We also have a shocking recent record against Hibs anyway, even at the best of times. Pat Fenlon loved playing us.

So right up of this one..........

All that can be said is, come on ye Saints! holiday.gif

Edited by Gordon Urquhart

Got a bad feeling about this game, he's not going to put Mair straight in at CDM so the pack will have to be shuffled. Either McGinn or Newton will move inside with either Grainger, Harkins or Caprice taking their place out wide. It's doubtlessly going to disrupt our groove and without Goody's steal and leadership, with our dreadful recent record against Hibs and with the new manager factor, i can only see one result sadly. Let's just say i'd bite the proverbial hand off for a point.

Got a bad feeling about this game, he's not going to put Mair straight in at CDM so the pack will have to be shuffled. Either McGinn or Newton will move inside with either Grainger, Harkins or Caprice taking their place out wide. It's doubtlessly going to disrupt our groove and without Goody's steal and leadership, with our dreadful recent record against Hibs and with the new manager factor, i can only see one result sadly. Let's just say i'd bite the proverbial hand off for a point.

FFS it is Hibs we are playing and not Celtic. They are no better than us and have only scored 9 league goals. Appreciate that Goodie will be amiss despite many on here giving him pelters. Danny will need to change things but it is also about what we do and how well we play that will generally decide the outcome of the match. We are full of confidence so I think we will get a win or no less than a draw. KTF

This, my money is on Mair or possibly Vanzy filling the Goodwin role, thus leaving the rest of the team to continue as they were, and with the minimum disruption.

Vanzy would be a disaster in there, can't see him getting in the team anytime soon, I would put Mair in there or even Grainger.

FFS it is Hibs we are playing and not Celtic. They are no better than us and have only scored 9 league goals. Appreciate that Goodie will be amiss despite many on here giving him pelters. Danny will need to change things but it is also about what we do and how well we play that will generally decide the outcome of the match. We are full of confidence so I think we will get a win or no less than a draw. KTF

I predicted wins in each of the last 2 games, and we won both ;) I hope you're right and i'm wrong this time around though.

Edited by Lex

We have won 4 of our last 5 games against what I would regard as the poorer sides in the league and based on the season so far Hibs fall into that category but I think tomorrow will be our toughest test. They have been on such a poor run without winning and scoring so few goals it should be a home win with a clean sheet but it never works out that way when we are involved. I remember we helped out Hibs under Calderwood a few years ago but hopefully not tomorrow.

I think our 4 wins came against sides with very weak forward lines who never really tested our back line. Despite Hibs not scoring many goals I think they will give us a few more defensive worries tomorrow. I would love to win tomorrow but would be happy with a point.