St Mirren V Butcher's Hibernian Top League Nov. 2013

shull

Good point in the end, keeps our run if form going into next weeks Scottish Cup game.

We were well on top in the first half, Hibs dominated in the second without having any real chances. Penalty decision went out way, over all a good point.

Roll on the Scottish Cup.

COYS

Why? What the feck does it matter?

It could have been Campbell Kennedy giving the instructions, who really cares. It's the instructions given out that matter not who's giving them.

Why is the goal keeping coach dealing with outfield players. It doesn't bother me, but you think Tommy Craig would be dealing with Caprice.

Or do we just have set tactical cards, that render us useless if our plan A, B, or C doesn't work

shows how much things have changed in the last six weeks that we look on this point as two dropped.

We were under pressure for large parts of the second half but held on against a Hibs side eager to impress the new boss.

Fantastic performances from Naismith , Kelly & McGinn (mainly first half). Steady defence for the most part & where does McGowan get his energy ?

I though Vanzy did well in the Goodwin role but lacks that commanding presence, Newton is a smashin player but i still dont think hes giving us quite enough & Caprice for Vanzy ?? Explanations please ?!?

shows how much things have changed in the last six weeks that we look on this point as two dropped.

We were under pressure for large parts of the second half but held on against a Hibs side eager to impress the new boss.

Fantastic performances from Naismith , Kelly & McGinn (mainly first half). Steady defence for the most part & where does McGowan get his energy ?

I though Vanzy did well in the Goodwin role but lacks that commanding presence, Newton is a smashin player but i still dont think hes giving us quite enough & Caprice for Vanzy ?? Explanations please ?!?Despite being under pressure for about 20 mins i cant remember one clear cut chance from them.

So you don't agree caprice was the wrong sub?

It's all about opinions and I think harkins would of been more effective.

We were on the back foot and Harkins just doesn't work off the ball.

Caprice was the right sub as Vanzie was bullied right out of it and Newton got more involved when he moved inside.

All Butcher did was pack the midfield and his forwards provided width and Hibs just hit the channels.

It's looking like Danny doesn't trust his subs as only 1 change was made.

Caprice looks shot of confidence as he was clear as McGiven wasn't getting back at him when he stopped dead.

Goodwin absense was noticed today

I though Vanzy did well in the Goodwin role but lacks that commanding presence, Newton is a smashin player but i still dont think hes giving us quite enough & Caprice for Vanzy ?? Explanations please ?!?Despite being under pressure for about 20 mins i cant remember one clear cut chance from them.

I never said Hibs had clear cut chances.

I said for large periods of the second half we were under pressure..... dont you agree ?

Good 1st half performance but it petered out in the 2nd and that allowed Hibs into it.

Some of the football during a dominant spell in the first was a joy to watch. Some great stuff from the midfield, and it deserved a goal, but we weren't clinical enough in the final third.

I am happy enough with the point in the end, because we toiled later in the match for some reason. Good run stays intact, something that is very important going into the cup game.

Lightning won't strike twice in Dumfries, and I've got my ticket and looking forward to it.

We played some really nice stuff first half.

We were rank rotten in the second.

I thought the ref and his assistants had a nightmare, highlighted first half when the Hibs boy attempted a backpass which went straight to Thommo and he gives offside.

That laddie, the Hibs no.14 is a bit of a dumpling, throwing himself to the ground every 2 seconds.

Highlight for me is McGinn trying to let it run for a corner and it doesn't quite go, he then proceeds to rip the c**t out the Hibs boy.

Good point for us and one I certainly would have taken prematch.

We never played well at all and certainly missed our captain. Hibs are the kind of team you really need a player like Goodwin in your team when you're playing them. The fact that we didn't have that buffer and protector in the midfield really seemed to stifle and inhibit our creative players.

Never looked in danger of losing it though and we defended well. Thought Cheesy was immense again and the two young full backs continue to impress. The goalkeeper is also a fantastic player and one we'll do well to keep.

Vanzy played Well in the fist half in for Goodwin but faded out the game in the second half. We lost our way for long spells in the second half so a point was good I agree.. We should get that goalie signed up as soon as possible he is tremendous

I though Vanzy did well in the Goodwin role but lacks that commanding presence, Newton is a smashin player but i still dont think hes giving us quite enough & Caprice for Vanzy ??   Explanations please ?!?

Caprice for Vanzy probably saved us a point.

Vanzy had done well... esp first half... but he was getting deeper and deeper in the second half.

Newton slotting in there but a bit further forward made total sense.

Newton, McGinn, McGowan and McLean are all young players with fantastic technical ability.

Goody sits in there and protects them and let's them play. Today his absence allowed a physical Hibs team to kick them off their game.

If Goodwin was playing a lot of that hacking and kicking by the Hibs midfield simply wouldn't have happened.

We take the point and we move on. I can see nothing in that Hibs team that would suggest we can't finish above them again.

Newton, McGinn, McGowan and McLean are all young players with fantastic technical ability.

Goody sits in there and protects them and let's them play. Today his absence allowed a physical Hibs team to kick them off their game.

If Goodwin was playing a lot of that hacking and kicking by the Hibs midfield simply wouldn't have happened.

We take the point and we move on. I can see nothing in that Hibs team that would suggest we can't finish above them again.

Agree. Especially second half. Butcher obviously sent his team back out to disrupt our young midfield.

The best decision from a ref in along time .He never let Collins feeble attempt at trying to get a penalty sway him .I f**king hate that about the modern game touch someone and down they go as if they had been shot thought it was a great decision from the Ref.

Butcher set his team up to make the game a slog, try to stop us showing our creative side, which shows how good we have become over the last few weeks, yes they had a 15 mins spell but it was always going to end 0-0 or 1-1 when he sets his team up to pack the middle of the park.

Cheesy is immense and is so under rated by our support it's unreal. Kello showed his class again, we really should be wiping the floor with that hibs team.

I commented to my mate's midway through the 1st half that Cheesy's communication with the younger players was brilliant, he was talking them through everything.