Motherwell V St Mirren Top League 21/12/13

shull

As i said in other topic. Danny can kiss goodbye to any contract. If i here 1 more interview relating to him getting one then i will go scripto. The club now as we speak need to look for a replacement b4 other clubs get in there and nab the few good ones that may be available. As it stands the only half decent 1 out there the now is Craig Levein. Any thoughts?

Danny will not be going anywhere, while the club is up for sale, even if the board wanted to sack him they would leave it for the new owners (whoever they might be) to make that decision.

As for Levein, he's even worse than McPherson

As i said in other topic. Danny can kiss goodbye to any contract. If i here 1 more interview relating to him getting one then i will go scripto. The club now as we speak need to look for a replacement b4 other clubs get in there and nab the few good ones that may be available. As it stands the only half decent 1 out there the now is Craig Levein. Any thoughts? 

Lol

Turned what corner? All we have beat on this mighty run is the dross of the day. Still yet to beat 1 quality team this season. Come to think, since we beat Ceptic at Hampden we have really beat fekk all.

I'm not speaking about this instance, i'm speaking generally. You can only beat what's put in front of you.

As i said in other topic. Danny can kiss goodbye to any contract. If i here 1 more interview relating to him getting one then i will go scripto. The club now as we speak need to look for a replacement b4 other clubs get in there and nab the few good ones that may be available. As it stands the only half decent 1 out there the now is Craig Levein. Any thoughts?

Edited by W6Saint

Today was awful prob the worst of the season. Too slow and a lack of fight. Danny won't be sacked but come the end of the season I think he will be replaced. Well beat today no complaints

Always been my opinion as to what will happen. He won't be sacked but he won't stay beyond the end of the season.

Always been my opinion as to what will happen. He won't be sacked but he won't stay beyond the end of the season.

I'm starting to agree with this

I just hope he keeps us up in the interim.

I will be absolutely astounded if Danny's contract is renewed and he's here next season.

He won a cup and he's a nice guy so he apparently can't be sacked.

A nice little no contract renewal and mutual parting of ways would seem to sit just nicely with all concerned.

Then we can move on as a football club.

I'm starting to agree with this

I just hope he keeps us up in the interim.

I will be absolutely astounded if Danny's contract is renewed and he's here next season.

He won a cup and he's a nice guy so he apparently can't be sacked.

A nice little no contract renewal and mutual parting of ways would seem to sit just nicely with all concerned.

Then we can move on as a football club.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Fast becoming a joke.

Edited by faraway saint

That was sore to watch again. I thought in the first 10 minutes we would give them a game, but the amount of midfield balls that went to their players was disgraceful. Harkins with his fancy flicks to no one, Goodwin's passing and shooting was abysmal. I could go on naming other players who didn't want to play, or the defence that was woeful. No harm to Mair as I thought he had a good enough game, but him and mcGregor not looking out for Anier. It was just not good enough

That was sore to watch again. I thought in the first 10 minutes we would give them a game, but the amount of midfield balls that went to their players was disgraceful. Harkins with his fancy flicks to no one, Goodwin's passing and shooting was abysmal. I could go on naming other players who didn't want to play, or the defence that was woeful. No harm to Mair as I thought he had a good enough game, but him and mcGregor not looking out for Anier. It was just not good enough

Cheesys fault of cousre.

Today was like the first few games of the season. We moved the entire team around to accomodate Harkins and were woeeful.

For the last 2 months we played pretty well securing good victories with a settled team and formation. Today we went back to the start of the season stuff and played like it.

However the players must accept a lot of the blame. Most were rank rotten and totally off their game. However we must revert to the selection and formation that has provided some success this season and that means Harkins on the bench and Gowser playing where he can be effective.

This will really go against the grain, I wasn't there today but the games I have went to this season McGowan hasn't exactly played well. Often overshadowed by others in the team. For being a linchpin, he hasn't exactly ever been the reason for us winning this season from what I've seen.

He's underperformed in my view.

Glad to see DL change things before we have another calamity at the back! Based on recent displays Harkins deserves a start too
not sure why Harkins 'deserves' a start ahead of Mcginn.
Chick saying Motherwell are good value for their lead and that we are poor, he also points out the lack of options that we have on the bench compared to the options that Motherwell have. Basically we don't have enough striking options.
lack of striking options is a farce, I remember once upon a time we brought on sutton and mehmet just after half time to change the game, we dont have anyone to bring on now. Edited by Hambud

Getting played off the park here.

3-0 is far more likely than 2-1 at the moment.

What a mess Danny has made of the team today, what a terrible mess. Dropping our best defender and our best young player. Why?

The fans are singing John McGinns name and no wonder. That Haddy Harkins instead of him? Really? What a terrible mistake.

He brings McGinn on and takes Newton off...

this saved me typing, spot on.

Did this happen because Danny tinkered with the formation again?

This is how he fùcked it up at the beginning of the season, Interested to hear the comments of the guys who were there today, they are in a better position

to give us an idea. 

id say yes, playing Harkins in the Gowser role and Gowser deep in midfield was the wrong thing to do. Taking Newton off while leaving Harkins on was the wrong thing to do. I truly believe you or I would have been better playing instead of Harkins.

The motherwell fans I was out with said he just didnt look interested, and asked why he was playing instead of Mcginn, I couldnt answer.

So let me get this straight.

We have an awful start to the season with Harkins supporting Thompson, McGowan deep in midfield, McLean out wide and McGinn on the bench.

Lennon drops Harkins, puts McGowan up with Thompson, McLean in the centre and McGinn on the left. We go on a great run.

Lennon then tries to shoehorn Harkins back in the side in order to justify his terrible summer transfer dealings and reverts to the original formation - and we get humped again?

Lennon must go.