Adam Campbell Day - Killie Away

Bud the Baker

reported on the radio, gary harkins coming on to boos from the saint mirren support which were clearly audible

dont give me any of your "were you at the game" pish

Ah, another radio expert.

Killie fans boo'd Harkins. I was sitting in the away end and I never heard one single boo when he came on.

Perhaps in future you should double check something before slating your fellow supporters?

Hahahaha. And when we'd lost could you imagine how much abuse Lennon would have took for that?

Why? He's played Vanzy midfield before.

Seemed the natural change when McGinn went off. Get an old head in there to shore things up and take a good away point.

Instead he put Thomas Reilly on, and it all went downhill from that moment on.

Poor show today , plenty of the ball but never really looked like we were going to do anything with it. Kilmarnock are god awful , Boyd aside , they haven't got one player I would want in our jersey. Pass marks to McGinn , Campbell, Kello and maybe Naismith. Cheesey and McGregor were all at sea on various occasions in the 2nd half , culminating in the goal , the protection Goodwin offers when sitting in front of them was sorely missed.

We simply cannot defend. McGregor wasn't great but McAusland was dreadful. We really do need a new premiership quality centre half.

Seriously?

I love big Darrrn but I reckon he was still pushed from the bells... I've never seen him so far off the pace, read the game so piorly or even misplace so many simple passes.

Cheesy did the work of two today.

Could it have been the fact fans not happy at taking the Hawk off?

There was absolutely no booing at that sub by our support. Thomo had been poor but was applauded as was Harkins. A god awful game was fizzling out to draw both teams appeared to be accepting then a calamitous bit of defending by Cheezy saw him misjudge a routine punt up the park and the ball ended up rebounding off him ( his back possibly hard to say from our stand) straight to Boyd who strode through to finish well. We cannot keep throwing points away or we will be dragged back into the play off scrap. We had defended ok up to that point but it was a total disaster which cost us a point gifted 3 to our immediate rival in the table and cost us a place in the league - a huge price to pay. The top 6 is a pipe dream and when you saw the 11 that finished the game you realise just how thin our squad is.

Really sore one today as we were well worthy of a point.

McGowan and McGinn were superb, Naismith looks more and more comfortable with each passing game and Campbell showed that he's got plenty to offer.

Need to see the winner again but I wasn't sure what McAusland could have done. The ball seemed to deflect off of him more than anything. Replays could yet prove me wrong mind you.

Would love to see the winner on tv again, didn't see a cock up from cheesy. Was in the main stand and it looked offside. Killie fans also thought he was a yard offside.

Cheesy had a couple of dodgy moments but none that really cost us IMO. He ran the ball out of touch when he miss controlled it. Over all I thought he did ok.

not good, a sore one but i feel no sympathy for those who travelled down-booing your own players as they come on to the pitch is poor form and anyone who indulged themselves in that simply doesnt deserve a good day out

WTF are you talking about ? There was absolutely no booing from any Saints fans at the Harkins sub. Why are you commenting on a crowd reaction you were not present to see. If booing was audible for the part time armchair fannies on their radios it was from Killie fans who dont like Harkins after his goals for Dundee blew their top 6 chance last season. We took a big big support down but unfortunately it was the type of game which would put you off football for life. Fair play to everyone who travelled today they deserved better.

1 win in 7 with 4 of these being at home. No way good enough for top 6.

The win against United seems a lifetime away. Just havent built on that great result.

I prefer 3 wins and 3 draws in 9 with 4 of these being away.

Stats eh?

Saints fans DID NOT boo Harkins.

Great away support, just a pity a few players didn't turn up this afternoon.

Boyd given 3 bites, was always going to score one. A real sickener today, but we were below par. A draw would have been a fair reflection, but we fannied about and lost concentration. All round, it was a flat performance.

Don't you just hate supporting St Mirren? Only the 2nd day of a New Year and we're f*cked already! Might as well chuck it now, as we're certainties for the drop. Not even a play off, as the Jammies will come good and storm past us. Elvis is the new Messiah - we should all bow down to his greatness.

Seriously?I love big Darrrn but I reckon he was still pushed from the bells... I've never seen him so far off the pace, read the game so piorly or even misplace so many simple passes.Cheesy did the work of two today.

Mate notice you say Darren must be drunk from the bells to make so many mistakes today, well in your original post you had two blatant spelling mistakes that my wee boy would notice so are you still drunk from the bells? Everyone makes mistakes but the overreaction on here over last two results is shocking not surprising but still shocking 10 teams out of 12 in Spl are of similar standard you win some and lose some. Time everyone got off there high horse Saints are 9 years out of every 10 a bottom 6 team.

Yup , and if it's a play off we're doomed ! Hope Partick remain mince !

Why would we be doomed in a play off exactly ? 2 legs against the likes of Raith, Falkirk or Accies. We didn't play great today but we are way better than those teams. I still don't think it will come to that but we can forget about the top 6 but is that really that surprising given the lack of numbers in the squad. The first choice 11 is a decent team but injuries abd suspensions are starting to bite.

eta You might have wooshed me with sarcasm on reflection if so I apologise ?!?!

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

Mate notice you say Darren must be drunk from the bells to make so many mistakes today, well in your original post you had two blatant spelling mistakes that my wee boy would notice so are you still drunk from the bells? Everyone makes mistakes but the overreaction on here over last two results is shocking not surprising but still shocking 10 teams out of 12 in Spl are of similar standard you win some and lose some. Time everyone got off there high horse Saints are 9 years out of every 10 a bottom 6 team.

Nah we're 10 years out of 10 a bottom six team! Haven't even come close to top 6!

Along as we finished 10th i be happy but we should be doing better imo

I actually counted more than two typo's... which happens when I try to post on my wee phone screen.

You have failed as chief sarcasm editor!

High horse?

I started by saying I am a massive fan of Darrens. It's ok to say that but not criticise a very poor performance?

Maybe the concept of a discussion forum is alien to you?

I actually counted more than two typo's... which happens when I try to post on my wee phone screen.

You have failed as chief sarcasm editor!

High horse?

I started by saying I am a massive fan of Darrens. It's ok to say that but not criticise a very poor performance?

Maybe the concept of a discussion forum is alien to you?

But are you still pished? whistling.gif

Seriously?

I love big Darrrn but I reckon he was still pushed from the bells... I've never seen him so far off the pace, read the game so piorly or even misplace so many simple passes.

Cheesy did the work of two today.

Both were off the pace and poor. That's two games on the trot we've given the opposition a golden chance to win it with the last kick. Defensively we're still shaky but then McGregor has played what a season and a half at this level, Kelly and Naismith just half a season so we're not blessed with experience.