Lennon Out

So William, tell me what should happen if we finish 7th or 8th?

I'll save you some time, the current "Lennon Out" brigade will STILL want him out.

It's been that way for almost 2 seasons, nothing will change their tiny minds.

Their desire will not be swayed by any league position like the 2 you mention above.

Look, i know that it was great to win the cup lasy year but lets put it into perspective, Lots of diddy teams have won this league cup in recent years like Kilmarnock, Livingston, Raith rovers and Hibs. Law of averages you are due to win one soon enough. I put it too you, If we had faced either Aberdeen-Dundee unt-Hibs-Inverness-Motherwell or the Fakes, do you think we would have won the Final? In my mind we were lucky to come up against a team who were just as bad as us last season and who failed to take all there early chances coz they should have been 3 up at 1 point. That cup win in my mind saved his job last season as that was piss poor also. This season has only continued the cycle of mediocraty. Needs must an all.

Having beaten St Johnstone in the cup last year and beaten Aberdeen in the cup at Pittodrie, as well as Celtic in the semi-final why should we have been worried about playing them in the cup final or Motherwell or Inverness or Dundee United?

Where in the piece you highlighted did i point out CELTIC? Ya donatello.gif.

Granted we did beat the shaun.gif on the way. What i was getting at was a Team with McInness as manager in the final, would we have won? Your answer i guess will have 2 letters, i repeat 2 letters just incase you get confused.

And you think that if Craig Brown had taken Aberdeen to their first final in a decade that the Aberdeen board would have moved him on before he got the chance to lead the team out at Hampden?! Please deal with reality rather than your I-hate-Danny-Lennon-warped-fantasy-world.

Last season we beat St Johnstone away in the Scottish Cup, we beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie in the League Cup (but that doesn't count because McInnes wasn't the manager then), and we beat Celtic at Hampden (but that doesn't count either because they lose a lot at Hampden). My memory of all three ties is they were great team performances where DL and TC got their end of things spot on.

My problem is the knifes have been out for almost 3 years. People were making the same claims with similar stats in his 2nd year in charge. We finished 8th.

Then last season obviously was hugely successful. That's the last two season been successful in my books and this one is far from finished.

Answer me this tho, if Danny takes us to 7th or 8th this year would you still want him gone?

I'm not sure the knives have been out for three years. Certain people don't like the manager but you always get that. They've certainly not been echoing the majority of the fan base over that period.

As for Lennon. You have to give credit for season 2011-2012 as we played some lovely football that year and were a joy to watch at times. Then last year we had the cup win which was outstanding. He deserves maximum credit for that too.

The other side of the coin is that outside of the above we've largely been awful to watch. Poor signings, Glaring deficiencies not addressed, players out of position, same mistakes made over and over by the same players and IMO a real lack of tactical nous.

I used to go home and away every week, even when we were struggling at the foot of the first division but this year has really scunnered me with football and I hardly go to away games now. Arguably we've got the best group of players we've had in this run in the top flight but we're not getting the most out of them.

Something needs to change.

Edited by DLBud

so what is it you think we should do shull ,just continue to play shit and lose ,the league cup was a great DAY ,but we have now moved on unfortunately our performances in the last YEAR have not

Be patient Sir.

We'll come good and have a sizzling end to the Season.

And the League Cup was a great day and will be celebrated forevermore.

First anniversary here very soon.

Lest we forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXLBLwJSnT0

" COME ON BOYS !!! " ( 13 mins 14 secs in )

Edited by shull

patience kind of ebbs away mate after so long,i would love us to have a great end of season but as most have realised ,we have been waiting for a decent run all season and we got a 3 week run and the rest has been piss poor,so lets wait and see buddie,but regardless I think danny is on borrowed time

patience kind of ebbs away mate after so long,i would love us to have a great end of season but as most have realised ,we have been waiting for a decent run all season and we got a 3 week run and the rest has been piss poor,so lets wait and see buddie,but regardless I think danny is on borrowed time

When was this "3 week run".................

The FACTS show that since the 30th September to the 10th December (that's 10 weeks to save you trying to count) we went on "run" that we played 10 games and only lost 1.

Isn't that a RUN?

Edited by faraway saint

When was this "3 week run".................

The FACTS show that since the 30th September to the 10th December (that's 10 weeks to save you trying to count) when we went on run that we played 10 games and only lost 1.

Isn't that a RUN?

Aye, and it was a cracker of a run.thumbup2.gif

This season, we've played 26 won 6, lost 14 and drawn 6.

These are the only stats that are relevant to this season.

As I mentioned earlier when we had a rant from another nugget, the situation isn't great, plenty have posted reasoned and balanced points.

Others, post time after time after time with the same unbalanced "stats" which only detract from the issue.

Lennon has had people on his case for over 2 seasons, they won't change and are sad individuals who prefer their own agenda over the good of St Mirren football club.

Quote me the amount of losses in this "only won 8 games since "I don't give a f**k"

sounds like a long run but facts will show ,2 international breaks and 3 home draws from 4 home games,if memory serves me right it may have been 4 wins ,sorry I put 3 weeks as was thinking 3 wins but may have been 4 ,but if you think mr lennon is doing a fine job then that's your opinion ,but majority would not agree