Lennon Out

We are only nowhere near the bottom this season coz of Hertz predicament.

Last season we were saved coz Dungdee came up at the last moment.

Season before that ill give you in a way, but If winning less than a quarter of your games is deemed as a success then stroll on.

2 years of pish should be to all totally unacceptable.

We were saved cos of Dundee coming up at the last minute? That's nonsense. We survived because we were better, despite our heads being turned and form suffering because of a historic cup win.

What is it that you're expecting from our team?

Where in the piece you highlighted did i point out CELTIC? Ya donatello.gif.

Granted we did beat the shaun.gif on the way. What i was getting at was a Team with McInness as manager in the final, would we have won? Your answer i guess will have 2 letters, i repeat 2 letters just incase you get confused.

laugh.png

What are you on about? I am stating nothing other than facts. Am i not?

This Faraway chap pulls everyone up for missing out Caps, commas, full stops and anyones spelling errors. Now if thats not the worst guy ever, then ill never no.

If we faced a team with McInnes as manager, would we have won?

Nope - that's a question, not a fact. If we were to look at your answer - no. That's not a fact either.

Some people get confused between their opinion and fact. Don't do it. It's stupid.

That's my opinion, by the way,

Edited by Soctty

We will win any play off, but big problems come right after that ie new management team ? all loan players leave, all free agents move on, what are we left with? and not forgeting we have a BOD, silent so far , still not for investing into the club, going to be some summer

We will win any play off, but big problems come right after that ie new management team ? all loan players leave, all free agents move on, what are we left with? and not forgeting we have a BOD, silent so far , still not for investing into the club, going to be some summer

I'm not so sure we would win a play off, do you fancy an away leg at Palmerston on a plastic surface again? I certainly wouldn't and I certainly wouldn't trust Lennon motivating the players for it. Get the new manager in as soon as possible, let him asses the out of contract players he wants to keep. The board are just to blame as much as Lennon though, the whole silence over the sale of the club and whether Lennon gets a new deal or not is brutal, the whole thing stinks from top to bottom.

I'm not so sure we would win a play off, do you fancy an away leg at Palmerston on a plastic surface again? I certainly wouldn't and I certainly wouldn't trust Lennon motivating the players for it. Get the new manager in as soon as possible, let him asses the out of contract players he wants to keep. The board are just to blame as much as Lennon though, the whole silence over the sale of the club and whether Lennon gets a new deal or not is brutal, the whole thing stinks from top to bottom.

I'd like to get someone in charge who has motivated us for massive one off games before, such as a cup final or a semi final, when it comes to any play off we may be involved in. There's still far more chance of us not being in the play off than being in it anyway.

Harkins tweeted this to newton

@garyharkins1985: @Conor_Newton1 @Dannyg31986 @djl_walk @RetroBoots catching up on how many positions that you don't wanna play but get picked in Conor pal!

Harkins is still an employee of SMFC, and , as such, would do well not to mix things when it comes to how other players are faring back in Paisley.

Harkins tweeted this to newton

@garyharkins1985: @Conor_Newton1 @Dannyg31986 @djl_walk @RetroBoots catching up on how many positions that you don't wanna play but get picked in Conor pal!

Ah yes..the Turbo fan club on Twitter.

Just when you believe you can't think any less of guys such as Grainger and Harkins.

We were saved cos of Dundee coming up at the last minute? That's nonsense. We survived because we were better, despite our heads being turned and form suffering because of a historic cup win.

What is it that you're expecting from our team?

At least a win a month would be nice. If its no to much trouble.

I know we have been in another of our bad patches but for most of the season we have been above Ross County and Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock currently sit 2 points above us having failed to pull away from us since overtaking us. Despite our recent spate of poor results Ross County and Partick Thistle don't seem to be making much headway on us... perhaps signing 20 players in January won't help Ross County out too much. It strikes me that throughout the season ourselves, Killie, Ross County and Partick Thistle have been of a similar standard. I appreciate there is a danger we could end up in the play off space but I don't see it as automatic that we will end up there or automatic / almost certain that we would lose any play off.

It's not certain our form and results will improve, however, we have had a run over the last wee while where Teale has been out for months, McLean has been out for 6 weeks, Goodwin was suspended, McGowan has had an injury, McGinn has had suspensions and these are all key players, throw in 2 games which were lost due to conceding penalties outside the box and its not hard to see why a smallish squad without a lot of back up has struggled to win games in that period. We can get by with 1 or 2 key players missing for a short time.

I think we may win a few games ugly or lucky or both before long and performances will pick up. I reckon we are as likely to finish 8th as we are 11th (currently we are the same distance points wise from 8th and 11th) and could finish closer to Hibs and St Johnstone's points total as we do to whoever finishes 11th.

It will be interesting to see whether a good finish to the season changes the Lennon-out-perspective or whether if we finish 8th and with around 40 points people still call for his head.

Queen of the South are currently 11 points, 3 places and 12 goals behind Dundee in the league table. If you fancy their chances of winning the Championship, then its like saying we have a great chance of overtaking St Johnstone or ICT this season.

I'm not so sure we would win a play off, do you fancy an away leg at Palmerston on a plastic surface again? I certainly wouldn't and I certainly wouldn't trust Lennon motivating the players for it.

I know we have been in another of our bad patches but for most of the season we have been above Ross County and Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock currently sit 2 points above us having failed to pull away from us since overtaking us. Despite our recent spate of poor results Ross County and Partick Thistle don't seem to be making much headway on us... perhaps signing 20 players in January won't help Ross County out too much. It strikes me that throughout the season ourselves, Killie, Ross County and Partick Thistle have been of a similar standard. I appreciate there is a danger we could end up in the play off space but I don't see it as automatic that we will end up there or automatic / almost certain that we would lose any play off.

It's not certain our form and results will improve, however, we have had a run over the last wee while where Teale has been out for months, McLean has been out for 6 weeks, Goodwin was suspended, McGowan has had an injury, McGinn has had suspensions and these are all key players, throw in 2 games which were lost due to conceding penalties outside the box and its not hard to see why a smallish squad without a lot of back up has struggled to win games in that period. We can get by with 1 or 2 key players missing for a short time.

I think we may win a few games ugly or lucky or both before long and performances will pick up. I reckon we are as likely to finish 8th as we are 11th (currently we are the same distance points wise from 8th and 11th) and could finish closer to Hibs and St Johnstone's points total as we do to whoever finishes 11th.

It will be interesting to see whether a good finish to the season changes the Lennon-out-perspective or whether if we finish 8th and with around 40 points people still call for his head.

all way's the optimist, Andy ! Well done young captain, I salute your mind set young Sir ! punk.gif

all way's the optimist, Andy ! Well done young captain, I salute your mind set young Sir ! punk.gif

Just to be clear on this for the third time Bud, if "Andy" is the guy who changes his name on BAWA every season and has previously posted as Gary Blues, Captain Sensible, Silent Majority, then this year his name is Isabella Duke. I don't remember him ever being in favour of Danny Lennon as our manager or of his passing game. My name isn't Andy and I am pretty sure I have never met Andy / Gary / Captain / Silent / Isabella...

Just to be clear on this for the third time Bud, if "Andy" is the guy who changes his name on BAWA every season and has previously posted as Gary Blues, Captain Sensible, Silent Majority, then this year his name is Isabella Duke. I don't remember him ever being in favour of Danny Lennon as our manager or of his passing game. My name isn't Andy and I am pretty sure I have never met Andy / Gary / Captain / Silent / Isabella...

Just @ Test, To provoke a human response, Eric ? whistling.gif

I still cant believe nothing has been done yet. I said after our horrendous start to the season when some happy clappers were still defending Danny that there would be a bad start, middle and end to this season.

Well, we had the start where we did not win a game in the first 8 fixtures played this season. (league and cup).  Then we had the middle were we won only 1 game in 6 fixtures and that was against Q.O.T.S. in a cup replay. Now were in a slump of only 1 win in 10 fixtures. 7 defeats 2 draws with 1 solitary win. This means that even i was wrong as thats 2 middle slumps we have been on as were not even near the end yet.

As it stands we are only 2 points above a play off place. Did you lot know that since the 27thOct, the pig and whistle have won only 1 game in 16 SPFL matches and we are still only scrapeing just 2pts above them. How is that possible? and why have the Board not done anything about that yet? 

There are only 7 fixtures left before the split against ross c, kilmarnock, DUNDEE UTD, CEPTIC, ST.JOHNSTONE, INVERNESS and MOTHERWELL.

The games that are highlighted are without being defeatest Loosable games as we are at the moment. Only Ross C and Killie are games you could possibly see us winning. A defeat this saturday should signify the absolute end to Dannys reign as manager of our club in my opinion.

Or you could say we're sitting 9th and have lost 2 in 11 at home, with several new signings still to bed in and arguably our best attacking threat returning from injury. Add into that we have games against our rivals coming up with a chance to push away from the dreaded play-off spot. .

I've yet to see anyone make a rational or intelligent post about why he should be sacked.

We are not in a play off. We are 9th... 2 points off of 8th.... 8th being our highest ever spl finish.

Maybe if we all got behind the team and helped spur them on it would be a more positive use of our time?

I'm not stuck in my ways, if anyone has a well thought out and intelligent reason for wanting rid then I'll happily consider it.

That's simply not true. There have been a number of well constructed posts on why people are frustrated at the team's performances and who they feel is accountable.

Also, I'm absolutely certain that even the most anti-Lennon among us "gets behind the team" every time the go to watch them so that doesn't wash either.

It's a polarising argument and, whilst there has been a fair amount of pish spouted on both sides of it, each side is entitled to their opinions without the need to convince the other side to consider it.

Easy way to fix this. Win a few games. Lose the next two and the vitriol on here this week will seem like a work in the park unfortunately.

There are a fair number of Danny Lennon supporters on this thread.

Here's a question for them; do you think he is a good manager?

Or maybe you think he is OK or competent or not that bad?

Do you think that there are better managers out there that we could have at Saints?

One way to judge a manager is by his signings. Now any time a manager signs new players he is taking a bit of a chance because he doesn't really know what they are going to be like.

If I remember correctly Danny's first few signing were guys from Cowdenbeath where he had previously been manager, in other words he knew, or should've known, exactly what they were like. Despite that however they proved to be duds, not McGregor though, he's been good.

Now he may have failings in various aspect of football management, he may even have some assets as well for all I know, but his ability at identifying a potential Premier League Standard seems to be at best a bit hit and miss.

I think it's time for a change. Plenty will argue that winning the League Cup was a great achievement and like every other Saints fans I really enjoyed the day. But we defended the trophy by going out in the first round to a team from a lower league. Sadly that that was more symptomatic of performances and results under Lennon' s stewardship.

There are a fair number of Danny Lennon supporters on this thread.

Here's a question for them; do you think he is a good manager?

Or maybe you think he is OK or competent or not that bad?

Do you think that there are better managers out there that we could have at Saints?

One way to judge a manager is by his signings. Now any time a manager signs new players he is taking a bit of a chance because he doesn't really know what they are going to be like.

If I remember correctly Danny's first few signing were guys from Cowdenbeath where he had previously been manager, in other words he knew, or should've known, exactly what they were like. Despite that however they proved to be duds, not McGregor though, he's been good.

Now he may have failings in various aspect of football management, he may even have some assets as well for all I know, but his ability at identifying a potential Premier League Standard seems to be at best a bit hit and miss.

I think it's time for a change. Plenty will argue that winning the League Cup was a great achievement and like every other Saints fans I really enjoyed the day. But we defended the trophy by going out in the first round to a team from a lower league. Sadly that that was more symptomatic of performances and results under Lennon' s stewardship.

Judging a manager by his signings is, by the whole, subjective, therefore very open to debate.

A better way is by his record with the team.

Like, say, best league position in the SPL, highest goal scoring in the SPL, winning the League Cup.

There.

Edited by faraway saint

That's simply not true. There have been a number of well constructed posts on why people are frustrated at the team's performances and who they feel is accountable.

Also, I'm absolutely certain that even the most anti-Lennon among us "gets behind the team" every time the go to watch them so that doesn't wash either.

It's a polarising argument and, whilst there has been a fair amount of pish spouted on both sides of it, each side is entitled to their opinions without the need to convince the other side to consider it.

Easy way to fix this. Win a few games. Lose the next two and the vitriol on here this week will seem like a work in the park unfortunately.

What is simply not true? That I personally haven't seen any intelligent reasons? I'm sorry but it is true, I haven't.

Instead of telling me I'm wrong why not tell me your reasons for wanting him sacked?

Does ANYONE have ANY reason?

We can only start to debate once we have reason