St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

Coyle would be a fantastic appointment.

Murray seems more likely though but don't rule out Callum Davidson as an outsider.

I imagine Callum Davidson is being groomed as the next St Johnstone manager. We would do worse than follow their line of thought when appointing a manager; Stuart Cosgrove on Off the Ball outlined their criteria a while back, something like:

- Young, hungry ambitious individual looking to do well then move on to bigger and better things

- Experience of playing at the top level ideally in Scotland and England

- Loads of contacts as a result of the above point

Derek McInnes, Owen Coyle, Steve Lomas and Tommy Wright all fit the above as does Callum Davidson. McInnes, Coyle and Lomas all earned St Johnstone compensation when leaving too.

As an outsider I'd throw in Ian Cathro. He started coaching youngsters in Dundee as part of a business he set up on his own; Craig Levein was very impressed and gave him a role overseeing Dundee United's youth set up (credited with developing Armstrong, Gauld and others). He then moved on to a similar role with the SFA before being offered a first team coach role with Rio Ave in Portugal by a guy he met while doing his coaching badges at Largs.

He moved to Portual, learnt Portuguese and ended with Rio Ave qualifying for Europe after having their most successful season ever. Rio Ave are the Scottish equivalent of maybe Hamilton Accies with crowds of about 1500. I doubt many Scottish coaches could move abroad, learn the language and be a success.

This guy seems to have excelled in every role he's had despite never having played football professionally and has complained in the past of the clique that meant he doubted he would get a chance of becoming a manager in Scotland.

It would be a risk but I think worth asking if he was interested. It would certainly be more imaginative than some of the contenders.

After the uproar when it looked like Novo might sign I can't believe the board would be mental enough to bring In Ferguson. At least Novo used to be not a bad player.

Appointing Murray would follow the thinking of previous appointments but is there a reason he's being so heavily touted ahead of managers with similar records like Alex Neil, Gary Holt or Stephen Aitken?

Och I wasn't sure who to vote for out of all of them so just plumped for Ian Murray. Whoever gets chosen by the Board I'll give them my support while they're in the job.

Barry Ferguson will not be getting my support from day one,he was a stopgap and a shite one at Blackpool,and doesnt deserve to be even mentioned in the same breath as the others

Barry Ferguson will not be getting my support from day one,he was a stopgap and a shite one at Blackpool,and doesnt deserve to be even mentioned in the same breath as the others

I'll stall renewing my season ticket in case yours becomes available.

I've never seen odds change so much in the one day.

Think Murrya has been 4/5, 8/1 and now back at 11/8.

Ferguson was out at about 10/1 now he's evs.

I seriously doubt that there is any credible evidence out there at the moment as to whom we're considering appointing.

Surely the odds will be based entirely on money punted by people listening to rumours with little or no substance.

I think the phrase is, " A fool and his money are soon parted".*

* I reserve the right to perform a U-turn if either Ferguson or Murray are appointed.whistling.gif

I seriously doubt that there is any credible evidence out there at the moment as to whom we're considering appointing.

Surely the odds will be based entirely on money punted by people listening to rumours with little or no substance.

I think the phrase is, " A fool and his money are soon parted".*

* I reserve the right to perform a U-turn if either Duncan Ferguson or Judy Murray are appointed.whistling.gif

Am I the only one who would be really disappointed if it was Owen Coyle?

He's got a shite record down south and even at the fakes he failed to win anything.

Interesting.

So who would be your 1st choice?