St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

Now I know the bbc website and newspapers just comes on here and pick up anything we say on this forum. I posted last night as a joke that billy Davies was seen in asda linwood. All of a sudden he's one of the contenders according to the bbc Scotland gossip column and the source is cited as the daily mail!

I reckon there is definitely an element of the rags and online media trawling sites like this for snippets. It is lazy journalism, but probably quite smart for all that, as it generates traffic for them. If we are throwing names into the mix, and the papers then pick up on them, we will be encouraged to check it out further as it goes some way to vindicating our speculative nonsense. Its a circular relationship.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1399972675.937991.jpg

Seems TC is now the bookies favourite

But bear in mind that John Hartson came in from 33s to 16s, apparently just because Div stuck a tenner on him then mentioned that fact on here lol.gif

This is one of those times when it'll be hard to take much stock in anything anybody says until there's an announcement.

Edited by Magic Monkey

But bear in mind that John Hartson came in from 33s to 16s, apparently just because Div stuck a tenner on him then mentioned that fact on here lol.gif

This is one of those times when it'll be hard to take much stock in anything anybody says until there's an announcement.

I reckon there will be an announcement this week. There has to be

FFS Skysports suggesting Ferguson is in pole position....

I won,t pay his wages, or fund his tax dodging scheme.

I've supported this club all my life and always keep coming back, regardless of what the Board decide. However, I have held back on renewing my season ticket for next season in case BF does get the job. If he does, I'll not be back until the usual suspects on here manage to hound him out.

Now I know the bbc website and newspapers just comes on here and pick up anything we say on this forum. I posted last night as a joke that billy Davies was seen in asda linwood. All of a sudden he's one of the contenders.........

Did I mention that I saw Jose Mourinho in Asda Linwood this morning?

I've supported this club all my life and always keep coming back, regardless of what the Board decide. However, I have held back on renewing my season ticket for next season in case BF does get the job. If he does, I'll not be back until the usual suspects on here manage to hound him out.

I imagine the Cap' and billyg are already on the case.

Its a difficult one. Let's assume Ferguson is an odious cretin, what happens if he does get the gig and proves to be very successful? When do we decided to surrender our principles at turnstiles, it at all?

Its a difficult one. Let's assume Ferguson is an odious cretin, what happens if he does get the gig and proves to be very successful? When do we decided to surrender our principles at turnstiles, it at all?

We quietly amend our posts and pretend we thought it was a good idea all along!

Don't encourage him.

I hear he has a good seat that will be snapped up.

Maybe he'll start a fund for season ticket holders to place their money in until they get what they want.

Glad I thought of that.

Okay, so here is my (not so bold) prediction....

Further procrastination within the boardroom will result in the following scenario:

Tommy Craig will be appointed care-taker manager, with a view to stabilising the situation and retaining/building a squad. This decision will be based on the following:

1. It will be cost neutral (ie: cheap);

2. It will allow an element of bet-hedging (limited contract commitment in the event that it goes arse for tit):

3. There will be scope for a new owner(s) to bag him if desired at little cost.

I, for one, would be somewhat less than thrilled with this outcome, but the BoD won't lose any sleep over that.

Edited by Drew

Hard choice with no outstanding candidates.

• Ian Murray : Not proven at SPL, yet doing an outstanding job at the moment. Given turmoil and number of out of contract players and potential new signings needed I dont think we could.
  • Barry Ferguson: No just no. Would make St Mirren all about Barry Ferguson in the Media and I dont think his ego would let him put fans and community at the heart of his management.
  • John Collins: Could do worse, but a bit of a record of quitting when it gets tough would his heart be in it not sure it would.
  • Tommy Craig Nice Guy but getting on a bit needs to go and let the new manager bring in their own number 2. Thanks for the work though.
  • Steven Thompson: Very hard to go from the dressing room to the bosses room. We need him scoring goals and possibly coaching the kids as a start in management.
  • Owen Coyle. Got a good pedigree, doubt we could afford him and I think he will have one eye on Parkhead if the other Lennon goes down south.
  • Gary Bollan: Same as Ian Murray
  • Gary Locke: Will have learned from his season at Hearts, good with youth policy I think we could do worse.
  • John Hartson: No real management experience, though on TV seems knowledgable and has a presence that suggests he could manage.
  • Billy Stark: Understands the club and youth development, but I dont think hes a day to day manager.
  • Jimmy Calderwood: Experienced but would antagonise fans and seems to bring trouble wherever he goes.
  • Kenny Shiels: Was horrific in his last two jobs. Enough said.
  • Kenny McDowall: Would be a good choice. I think he is the driving force at Ibrox and could step up to be number one, he understands the club and fans. Though we wouldnt be able to afford him
  • Stevie Clarke: Would be fantastic choice, though he could earn more as a number two in England a role he seemed to enjoy more than managing.

So all in, in an ideal world Steve Clarke or Kenny McDowall. However realistically it will be Murray or Bollan.