St Mirren V Hamilton Academical - Wed 13Th 7:45 Ko

TopCat

Wont be making claims like we are going to be relegated, least amount of points before Christmas- BUT the past two performances have been bad and causes worry for what is ahead. Wont take anything away from Hamilton as they played to win and we didnt, but we should be beating the likes of Hamilton, but we didnt even give them a run for there money.

Also, the folk shouting for TC to be sacked, after two games it is a tad premature and continue to give him and the team our support, but also need to make sure that if anything needs doing, the BOD dont do there usual (nothing until the last minute, panic then decide to do nothing or something that has the opposite effect as to what it is supossed to)

Sauce for the goose, he is getting the same time lennon got. he deserves less of a chance because he purported himself and his cohort to be capable of doing better when he plainly can't, so off he must go.

the talk of behind the scenes rifts is gaining some creedence, based on last night

Wont be making claims like we are going to be relegated, least amount of points before Christmas- BUT the past two performances have been bad and causes worry for what is ahead. Wont take anything away from Hamilton as they played to win and we didnt, but we should be beating the likes of Hamilton, but we didnt even give them a run for there money.

Also, the folk shouting for TC to be sacked, after two games it is a tad premature and continue to give him and the team our support, but also need to make sure that if anything needs doing, the BOD dont do there usual (nothing until the last minute, panic then decide to do nothing or something that has the opposite effect as to what it is supossed to)

Any calls for Tommy Craig to be bagged will happen around Christmas, if things don't improve. He hasn't exactly done himself any favours however with his tantrum during a pre-match radio interview last night, and how a Goodwin-less St Mirren side was so comprehensively outplayed and outfought by a newly promoted side who had just lost their opener.

Worrying that the kid Brown was thrown in, that Teale came on and with Ball taken off, fcuk-all for Teale to cross to. Also worrying that it was obvious early on that Neil was doing a number on our midfield. I actually have to stop and keep telling myself that one man, Alex bloody Neil, single-handedly took care of McLean, McGinn and Brown.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss?

Any calls for Tommy Craig to be bagged will happen around Christmas, if things don't improve. He hasn't exactly done himself any favours however with his tantrum during a pre-match radio interview last night, and how a Goodwin-less St Mirren side was so comprehensively outplayed and outfought by a newly promoted side who had just lost their opener.

Worrying that the kid Brown was thrown in, that Teale came on and with Ball taken off, fcuk-all for Teale to cross to. Also worrying that it was obvious early on that Neil was doing a number on our midfield. I actually have to stop and keep telling myself that one man, Alex bloody Neil, single-handedly took care of McLean, McGinn and Brown.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss?

Interesting now to look back on some of Danny's post match quotes after the good performances that eventually came last year. he constantly referred to the team following the plan when things went well. Could it be that Craig, Goodwin & Teale thought they knew better and caused heartless & disorganised performances in the other games?

Now Craig comes in and organises a crappy pre-season programme whilst packing the team with lower-league and non-league discards alongside loanees and a less than convincing spine for the side. A man of his experience should be hitting the ground running but this is far from convincing. Alex Neil is a cokparative rookie and he has his time fit, ready and united at the very start-all the things St Mirren are not.

Also, Goodwin is not a one-man team. If he is taking a coaches wage then he should be properly preparing a stand in that ensures some continuity for his many predicted suspensions. To suggest that we lost because he was missing is laughable, he is culpable for the performance as part of the management team.

So to the board, what a potential mess they have made by the way they handled the managerial appointments. If things don't turn around in a fortnight's time then we need to act decisively

And the big question to be adressed if TC has to go-what happens to Goodwin and teale? They would be jointly liable as coaches in that scenario and a new manager coming in may not fancy having them round at all given recent events. Do we continue to pay them as coaches and players whilst they no longer coach and only occassionally play, whilst paying new coaches to replicate their jobs? Do we sack them and fork out big time in compensation?

There is only one proper diddy team in this league and that's us by a Country mile or two.

So you think Killie are better having amassed 1 point. It is far too early to judge many of the teams. You also omit Ross County humped 4-0 last night. You clearly consider losing 6 goals in 2 games better than us losing 3. I am not defending how rank we were and the manager has to address this but while we will more than likely struggle this season, so will 3-4 others.

And why not he's a liability,I'm sick of people defending this player as if it makes them some sort of super fan,he YET AGAIN was shown up for what he is,at best a second tier defender.

Anyone who can't see this must be insane.

Anyone that can't see we've played 2 games and scored zero games is also insane.

Need to go and take some medication.

Interesting now to look back on some of Danny's post match quotes after the good performances that eventually came last year. he constantly referred to the team following the plan when things went well. Could it be that Craig, Goodwin & Teale thought they knew better and caused heartless & disorganised performances in the other games?

Now Craig comes in and organises a crappy pre-season programme whilst packing the team with lower-league and non-league discards alongside loanees and a less than convincing spine for the side. A man of his experience should be hitting the ground running but this is far from convincing. Alex Neil is a cokparative rookie and he has his time fit, ready and united at the very start-all the things St Mirren are not.

Also, Goodwin is not a one-man team. If he is taking a coaches wage then he should be properly preparing a stand in that ensures some continuity for his many predicted suspensions. To suggest that we lost because he was missing is laughable, he is culpable for the performance as part of the management team.

So to the board, what a potential mess they have made by the way they handled the managerial appointments. If things don't turn around in a fortnight's time then we need to act decisively

And the big question to be adressed if TC has to go-what happens to Goodwin and teale? They would be jointly liable as coaches in that scenario and a new manager coming in may not fancy having them round at all given recent events. Do we continue to pay them as coaches and players whilst they no longer coach and only occassionally play, whilst paying new coaches to replicate their jobs? Do we sack them and fork out big time in compensation?

I love this forum.lol.giflol.giflol.gif

So you think Killie are better having amassed 1 point. It is far too early to judge many of the teams. You also omit Ross County humped 4-0 last night. You clearly consider losing 6 goals in 2 games better than us losing 3. I am not defending how rank we were and the manager has to address this but while we will more than likely struggle this season, so will 3-4 others.[/quo:-) ?............Your are of course right there will be 3 or 4 who will struggle but I will be shocked if there is any who are worse than us that team last night was shockingly bad .
Edited by elvis

Why is it that these threads always end up as slanging matches, bickering etc- Its f**king childish. I have family and friends who support various teams and if their team isnt doing too well, they go onto there forums and air opinions,view etc, but for some on here- there are intent on rubbishing other peoples opinions if they dont agree with it, starting a lot of crap that, in my opinion, a lot of forum users, cant be arsed with.

Rant Over

Why is it that these threads always end up as slanging matches, bickering etc- Its f**king childish. I have family and friends who support various teams and if their team isnt doing too well, they go onto there forums and air opinions,view etc, but for some on here- there are intent on rubbishing other peoples opinions if they dont agree with it, starting a lot of crap that, in my opinion, a lot of forum users, cant be arsed with.

Rant Over

Lighten the mood a bit.

Anyone else piss their pants at Hamiltons number 24 " TENA " ?

Sometimes I really worry about our fans. Two games in and we are slaughtering players. Adam brown had his first start ok it wasn't his best game but maybe he will improve. McLean didn't have a great game but was excellent on Saturday and at the end of last season and is a huge part in our team. McGinn looked like he cared and had a couple of good runs in the second half but it was a below par performance by his standards. However the fans slating him after one bad game need to take a look at themselves. We have a really young side who will make mistakes but they are our own who I'll be willing to support as long as they give it their all which they did last night. Just one of them nights, onwards and upwards

A lot of frustration around today, quite rightly. Stepping back a bit though, since 15th July we have played 9 recognised matches under the new management team....

15-Jul-2014 Albion Rovers 0 St Mirren 1
17-Jul-2014 Port Glasgow 0 St Mirren 10
19-Jul-2014 Morton 0 St Mirren 1
22-Jul-2014 Cowdenbeath 1 St Mirren 4
26-Jul-2014 Blyth Spart 2 St Mirren 4
28-Jul-2014 Whitley Bay 0 St Mirren 10
01-Aug-2014 Carlisle Utd 2 St Mirren 1
09-Aug-2014 Motherwell 1 St Mirren 0
13-Aug-2014 Hamilton Ac 2 St Mirren 0

Focusing on positives, and many will, you could say we have won 6 and lost just 3, we have scored 31 and conceded just 8, strong performance against last seasons runners-up Motherwell, youth getting a chance, new players still settling in....

Focusing on negatives you could equally say some of the wins were against minor opposition, we have lost our last 3 games, significantly both our opening Prem matches, and played utterly shyte at St Mirren Park against a Hamilton team who are arguably the weakest team in the league.

Like many I'm still reeling from last night and there is no getting away from it, it was abysmal, certainly one of the worst performances I can recall in recent times relative to the opposition. It is also frustrating that we can't attempt to break our duck until a week on Saturday.

Bottom line though, the league season is 2 games old, with a new management team, and a number of new players. Despite how I feel today I'm telling myself to screw the nut. The pre-season was OK, the performance on day 1 of the Prem was OK away to strong side, last night was honking. Bring on Dundee.

Lighten the mood a bit.

Anyone else piss their pants at Hamiltons number 24 " TENA " ?

Best part was Alex Neil getting hit in the balls twice within the space of 3 seconds.. took it like a champ to be fair.

Agree with what Poz said, no point taking Ball and putting Teale on. The other sub, Reilly, played so deep in the last 5 mins picking the ball up from the centre half.

Is he now a midfielder?

Thought it was weird that he came on and took up position in the middle of midfield then kept dropping really deep to take the ball off the CB's.. don't if that's what he was told to do or he was just desperate to get the ball up the park with a couple minutes to go.

Sometimes I really worry about our fans. Two games in and we are slaughtering players. Adam brown had his first start ok it wasn't his best game but maybe he will improve. McLean didn't have a great game but was excellent on Saturday and at the end of last season and is a huge part in our team. McGinn looked like he cared and had a couple of good runs in the second half but it was a below par performance by his standards. However the fans slating him after one bad game need to take a look at themselves. We have a really young side who will make mistakes but they are our own who I'll be willing to support as long as they give it their all which they did last night. Just one of them nights, onwards and upwards

I don't slag players at the ground full stop

But there's no way they gave their all last night

The team as a whole chucked it once the second goal went in

No pride as HAMILTON ACCIES started to toy with us at times

It was painful to watch as the ole chants went up

The squad lacks experience big time as it was boys against men

It would not surprise me in the least I was looking forward to this season but after watching that abject display last night .I new it would be harder than a lot of people thought but bloody hell they looked like world beaters against us. We are going to get pumped right left and centre week in week out Dundee will absolutely rip us a new ass hole mark my words .

Nah , just a bad day at the office , isn't even time to paper over the cracks yet , one swallow etc. .

But then a wee defeat like that gives you something to revel in just now , elvis. There are still some positives to be taken out of the defeat. .

I blame Danny. .

Have to say for once I'm glad to be at work.

At least there is time to sort out whatever went wrong last night and would like to think we will have a pumped up team to face Dundee , we need to be as it will be odds on Dundee will be well up for this given two former players coming to show us what we are missing.

Have to say for once I'm glad to be at work.

At least there is time to sort out whatever went wrong last night and would like to think we will have a pumped up team to face Dundee , we need to be as it will be odds on Dundee will be well up for this given two former players coming to show us what we are missing.

Agreed.

Let's hope the BoD sort it out, sack Tommy Craig and get in a manager who actually knows what he is doing!

Agreed.

Let's hope the BoD sort it out, sack Tommy Craig and get in a manager who actually knows what he is doing!

I'm all for giving a manager time. Though I remember when TC was appointed Champagne Charlie wrote an article in the express saying Tommy would never be a manager in a month of Sunday's

Well that was high quality sh*te. Only Plumber got anywhere near pass marks and even he wasn't very good. Can't say I'm convinced that the new guys will solve our goal scoring problem - certainly didn't look like it last night. Lots of negatives and precious few positives. On top of everything, Adam Drury is now having second thoughts about coming up.