Singing Section W5 (Confirmed) + Update

Decent effort turning up early and singing. Had the game not been a horror show then there might have been more singing, but a decent start nonetheless.

Just a wee tuppenceworth though - I wouldn't adopt a name. I wouldn't try and make you guys seem separate from other Saints fans as people will be less likely to join in, which I assume is the point of having it next to the ST seats. As soon as a group becomes self-serving and sees themselves as better supporters with their own agenda who go to war with their own club (see the Green Brigade) then it's game over.

Any word of whether this will be a long term thing? I think the section will grow in time if supported by fans and the board. Best of luck guys.

Not on here often but come on read the first post on this thread and thought NO NO NO NO NO DRUMS!!!! glad to see some others agree - I DESPISE DRUMS AT FITBA just gives you a bloody headache!

Thanks everyone who put positive comments!

Nothing much to sing for after the first 15 mins!

We will need to see where it goes from here smile.png

2nd line sums it up im in w4 right in middle in front of cameras, there is a wee squad of us and we do have a singsong but you need a decent game plain and simple. Keep going tho but NO FOOKIN DRUMS

With a drum you have a better chance of getting st mirren park bouncing than without one! People will moan but at the end of the day you can't please everyone!

Disagree a drum isn't going to make anyone sing more or just sing. It's all about the team performance, the singing section did ok then died off as the performance did I really don't see how a drum would have changed that?

Nothing much to sing for after the first 15 mins!

We will need to see where it goes from here :)

With the greatest of respect, if you are one of the folk taking responsibility for the Singing section, and after one game you come out with, there was nothing much to sing about after 15 minutes, then quite frankly if I was the club or other West Stand users, I wouldn't give you the time of day!

You have been given an opportunity to create something, the only thing your stadium lacks. An atmosphere, for 90 minutes.

The amount of people, for the opening game, who are in your singing section, it just looks like, a group of mates struggled to sit beside each other previously and went to the club and asked for an area of the ground so you could meet up and sit beside each other.

I'll be honest, it looks like an away day.

So, where does it go from here?

Sorry if the above post comes across as quite rude or scathing, but I can speak from a position of experience. It was me and my mate who worked with the Thistle board, and still do, to get the North Stand at Firhill. We are the fan liason between club, stewards, police and the support.

I'm sorry if I've missed previous threads but, what are your plans from here on in, to make it a success?

When's the next time Celtic come to Paisley? Do you have until then to make it work, will you be moved if they get W6 and W7?

I ask these questions out of a genuine interest, I want you to make it work.

But please for the love of god! No drums!

With the greatest of respect, if you are one of the folk taking responsibility for the Singing section, and after one game you come out with, there was nothing much to sing about after 15 minutes, then quite frankly if I was the club or other West Stand users, I wouldn't give you the time of day!

You have been given an opportunity to create something, the only thing your stadium lacks. An atmosphere, for 90 minutes.

The amount of people, for the opening game, who are in your singing section, it just looks like, a group of mates struggled to sit beside each other previously and went to the club and asked for an area of the ground so you could meet up and sit beside each other.

I'll be honest, it looks like an away day.

So, where does it go from here?

Sorry if the above post comes across as quite rude or scathing, but I can speak from a position of experience. It was me and my mate who worked with the Thistle board, and still do, to get the North Stand at Firhill. We are the fan liason between club, stewards, police and the support.

I'm sorry if I've missed previous threads but, what are your plans from here on in, to make it a success?

When's the next time Celtic come to Paisley? Do you have until then to make it work, will you be moved if they get W6 and W7?

I ask these questions out of a genuine interest, I want you to make it work.

But please for the love of god! No drums!

No offence, and with the greatest respect, you are a patronising balloon.

Sorry if that comes across as rude.

No issues with the singing and maybe on another (better) day on the pitch it would have been more effective overall.

My only other comment, as someone seated in W5, I think you need to shuffle over to the north by a few seats. There were clearly people's views being obstructed by those standing and a few (probably long term season ticket holders) ended up having to move. I think there may be one or two complaints in this regard.

No issues with the singing and maybe on another (better) day on the pitch it would have been more effective overall.

My only other comment, as someone seated in W5, I think you need to shuffle over to the north by a few seats. There were clearly people's views being obstructed by those standing and a few (probably long term season ticket holders) ended up having to move. I think there may be one or two complaints in this regard.

Complain? I was sitting at the top of W6, couldn't see a thing down the right wing during the 2nd half.

"Thanks" you;s done me a big favour...

On a lighter note, my 11 year old nephew said to me during the second half, "The singing sections no doing much singing". To which I replied "they need inspiration from on the park" and then Collum makes a contentious decision followed by a chorus of Willie Collum, your a Wa@#er from the choir.

Aforementioned Nephew then says " So they got their inspiration then"...Had to chuckle, match day highlight sadly..

Indeed, my Dad is going to be 70 in March and has a bad back, so certainly can't stand much to see, I had to go and have a chat to the head steward to see about moving to some other seats after a few minutes, as the places that some of the section were standing in meant that it wasn't just the corner we couldn't see, but not even the goal-mouth at the North Stand. Didn't want to bother asking anyone to sit as this was a club agreement, BUT what does annoy me is that this was completely foreseeable, I asked the club about it on Thursday before the game and didn't receive an answer.

Now I go to all home Scotland matches, and standing for a game of football doesn't bother me at all, but my dad was rightly pretty annoyed as having paid for a season ticket, not a restricted view season ticket, means that he shouldn't EVER be put in the position of having no choice but to ask to move so that he can actually see the game.

Not the fans fault, but VERY poor planning from the club on this one.

Edited by zurich_allan

but my dad was rightly pretty annoyed as having paid for a season ticket, not a restricted view season ticket, means that he shouldn't EVER be put in the position of having no choice but to ask to move so that he can actually see the game.

What about Scotland season ticket holders?

Should they be in this position?

What about Scotland season ticket holders?

Should they be in this position?

Technically no, they shouldn't, but at the same time if you buy a Scotland season ticket (which I have had for multiple campaigns), you know in advance that the reality is that nearly all fans will be standing. That is not the case here, where it's a NEW venture that the club has complete control over, already several matches into the season, so it's not comparing like for like.

How aboot horns?

Think people need to quit the moaning. It's not that much of an effort to move down a few seats if you canny see.

It's a football ground, not a cinema.

So wait, people should move from THEIR seats because a few of you want to stand for the full 90 minutes?

I thought this was meant to be the singing section. The fact that there was next to no signing (cos we were shite, if that's your only hinderance, well you're never going to sing, are you?) and a lot of standing on Saturday....we may have the true intentions of this group after only one match.

Edited by djchapsticks