Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

To say there's a lot of bluster on here would be an underestimate. We've had a fair time to get things together re a fans buy out but wee shat wur pants wen faced with it, now somebody shows interest and its let's circle the wagons time , lets buy the club ourselves! If SMISA want to be the saviour, they need to man up and say what their intentions are, then people can decide if they truly want fan ownership.

lets look at it his way

lets just see how things go , deliver a shit product , and allow for 1500

and let things stay the same and watch crowns average below 3k , at first division prices

and lets get a fan takeover bid sorted , and let average crowds go below 1k

but we are a club owned by the fans

so that's great

COYS

Not sure what you're getting at here. Are you suggesting that if St Mirren was owned by the fans the crowds at games would fall below 1000? If so, I don't follow your logic.

To say there's a lot of bluster on here would be an underestimate. We've had a fair time to get things together re a fans buy out but wee shat wur pants wen faced with it, now somebody shows interest and its let's circle the wagons time , lets buy the club ourselves! If SMISA want to be the saviour, they need to man up and say what their intentions are, then people can decide if they truly want fan ownership.

If SMISA were looking to organise a fan takeover of the club, even in the very long term, I would join today. But, I don't think that is their aim.

If there are any others that are interested in coming up with a new plan, then I'd be up for getting involved.

suggesting fan ownership has its downsides , the same way a club owned by one individual or owned by a foreign based group has its downside , and giving an example of how unsuccessful a club owned by its fans can be.

Our crowds have the potential to drop as low as Morton,s or Dunfermlines if the product on the park doesn,t improve.

I think we need change , that will improve the product on the pitch .

suggesting fan ownership has its downsides , the same way a club owned by one individual or owned by a foreign based group has its downside , and giving an example of how unsuccessful a club owned by its fans can be.

Our crowds have the potential to drop as low as Morton,s or Dunfermlines if the product on the park doesn,t improve.

I don't think anyone would argue that a perennially unsuccessful club would see falling crowds. But fan ownership wouldn't guarantee such a state of affairs any more than it would guarantee success. What it would guarantee though, is that decisions made would always be made in the best interests of the club.

My gut feeling is that with the 10000hours bid there were at least a couple of individuals who were prepared to put their heads above the parapet to front the bid and be shot at. Below that, there were business people, community groups, and supporters all willing to put their heads above the parapet a wee bit, but not so much as to be that noticeable. Handy, should things go badly, when the big blunderbuss of blame would squarely be fired at REA and GLS.

Where we are now is that there are simply no individuals with either the money, the business background, the inclination, or the desire, to lead a new bid, and run the risk of being shot at from all angles.

If this were, for example, Hibernian - you could imagine a consortium of well-kent business and showbiz faces fronting a group. Anyone we have, who might, just might feel the desire to become the 'new SG' would likely have been put off for life after the 10000hours affair, which saw a lot of people get a lot of grief.

Fans: "No, don't sell to that group of businessman...sell to us!"

Our Board: "Okay, when will you be mobilised, organised, have proof of funding and a management structure in place for day one?"

Fans: "Erm..."

Fans: Don't sell to possibly dodgy businessmen.

BoD: But they can give us 1.5 million quid and we're outta' here.

Fans: Suppose.

lets look at it his way

lets just see how things go , deliver a shit product , and allow for 1500

and let things stay the same and watch crowns average below 3k , at first division prices

and lets get a fan takeover bid sorted , and let average crowds go below 1k

but we are a club owned by the fans

so that's great

COYS

It's a bit sore on the eyes. Can't we look at it in the normal way.

i'm still all for the argentinians making a bid,lets get them questioned on all the doubts expressed e.g. why us,why unsuccessful at other attempts to buy clubs,what is your long term plan for the club,will you deposit a bond to confirm long term commitment to doing the best for our team and its' youth players (present and future),are you simply wishing to use us as a platform for your own gain or can you provide us with some serious prospects of a mainly scottish/british squad at the same time as making personal gain ?

Saw the Argentine group along with Neil Murray walking into the car park after the game.

Heard one of the Argentines saying that he thought it was definitely a goal.

Seems the only cúnts that didn't see it was a goal were the halfwit assistant ref and Alan Muir.

I don't think anyone would argue that a perennially unsuccessful club would see falling crowds. But fan ownership wouldn't guarantee such a state of affairs any more than it would guarantee success. What it would guarantee though, is that decisions made would always be made in the best interests of the club.

I wish i could believe the last statement. But anyone who has ever been in any sort of a club or on a committee will tell you that self interest, greed, cronyism, etc rear their heads in all sorts of places.

the place would inevitably be run by a clique who are more interested in the power or the money than they are in the welfare of the club. If not that, then there would be constant internicine war being waged between factions and half-baked experts popping up to give us the benefit of their "expertise" in the playing side

This is not meant as an anti-BoD post but I am now of the opinion that any buyers not disbarred through previous misdemeanours would be a better option than the current situation. I hope the Argies can meet the asking price.

From Patagonia to Paisley,

The Tierra del Fuego to Feegie

Viva los Santos.............

Viva Adidas Sambas.

I have already mentioned st the Fanzone on Saturday it would be for the good of our Football Club if SMISA and FANS COUNCIL merged.All monies received by Direct Debit could be ring fenced used for work on the stadium and ultimately Fan Ownership.

Terrible idea!

SMISA - I is for Independent whereas the Fans Council is just fronting a few hospitality events for the BoD. Both groups have their place within the grand scheme of things but they should never be merged!