Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

It would appear there was a widespread investigation in 2012. This saw 37 Argentinian players identified as being involved in these "deals" with over 140 agents suspended. When the attempt was made to suspend the players there was a protest from the clubs who stated the practise was legal and common place in the industry. This was clubs in the Argentine A & B leagues, with the "tax haven" clubs being from Uruguay, Chile and Switzerland. The Argentine clubs have since then had to fill out multiple forms and announce when players contracts are ended/transferred. So, if the Argentinian clubs thought it was legal...

Also, http://www.elamaule.cl/noticia/deporte/exclusivo-ricardo-pini-habla-de-la-actualidad-de-rangers - You'll need to put through google translate. They do admit to being involved, but clearly state they believe it's legal and allows them to invest in the club. They bought land for the training complex and did indeed invest in the squad. They weren't profitable, but hoped to be in the next season.

Oh thank God for that nothing to worry about , St Mirren for Europe next season with the south American Paisley contingent. Silly Motherwell imagine missing out in this one in a life time deal

if we sell to this mob with all this tax and player merry go round

why didnt we sell to the english offer ,

both are not clean

Just maybe the English mob offered considerable less? The club has been for sale now for five years and they must be getting a bit impatient as they get closer to retirement. If it's true, as rumoured, that they have indeed increased their stake to 75% then they'll be even more anxious to get as close to the asking price as possible.

They may wish they just accepted 10k hours offer and avoided all the hassle that this has turned into!

Have wrote that over and over and over. Tell me something where is the money going to go ?

Sorry Ian , you and I have been through it all together , but the club needs new owners , and right now I couldn't care less who they are . We need new life breathed into the club. I 've virtually stopped going , and if things don't change I can't see me being back in that wee soulless stadium for a while. We need a clear out , and I mean from top to bottom , too many guys in safe wee jobs going through the motions picking up a wage.

Sorry Ian , you and I have been through it all together , but the club needs new owners , and right now I couldn't care less who they are . We need new life breathed into the club. I 've virtually stopped going , and if things don't change I can't see me being back in that wee soulless stadium for a while. We need a clear out , and I mean from top to bottom , too many guys in safe wee jobs going through the motions picking up a wage.

Billy I agree change is needed and I'm sure the board want well away also there own words.

But anybody just for the sake of change. Debt could go to levels we could not recover from. Sorry I can't get my head round this deal. Strongly believe it won't happen Billy it would have all been dusted and done by now if it was happening. I reckon the board are busy doing back ground checks

I have already stated i'd welcome the argentinian group, it is however a mystery as to why we have no official statement from the club as to whether this deal is indeed just waiting on money clearing into douglas streets account. I am becoming more and more suspicious of the original post, is it just media talk ( i include BAWA in that ) has someone been in need of a story and shoved this out,

Oh thank God for that nothing to worry about , St Mirren for Europe next season with the south American Paisley contingent. Silly Motherwell imagine missing out in this one in a life time deal

I just think that the fact it was common practise and legal means they aren't Massone, the guy at Raith, Romanov, Whyte, the guy at Leeds or even the Serb from Dundee. They aren't even Mileson, heck Messi has been investigated, Aguero and Zabaleta too. Even the Argentinian tax office didn't say it was illegal. I don't believe a single CSD Rangers player was suspended, it happened in 2012 and Pini was still running them in 2013. The press have given a very loaded side of the story, it took me 2 minutes to read facts that Graeme missed completely.

The whole shady shyster investigation has led to, wait for it, some suspended agents and new forms to fill out.

Did you know that if every St Mirren fan that bought a euro millions ticket every week bought two euro millions tickets a week we'd be twice as likely to get a euro millions winner buying our club.................... Fool proof

Or if the 3000 "core" supporters had put in £2 each week over the last five years since the club was put up for sale, there would now be £1,560,000 quid saved (not taking into account any interest), and we could have handed the cash over for the club. Oh hindsight is a great thing! Wonder if they would be willing to wait another 5 Years? sorcerer.gif

Edited by sally02

I am hearing that the club has been sold and our new owners will take over at some point this week.

They are from Argentina, so get your money on the new manager being South American.

Exciting, and absolutely terrifying in equal measure.

Hold on to your hats !

Tell us who gave you the info Div, you yourself are asking for answers on our club predicament, so on that principle i ask you to tell us who gave you the info, because it's looking like there will be no announcement "this week"

Or if the 3000 "core" supporters had put in £2 each week over the last five years since the club was put up for sale, there would now be £1,560,000 quid saved (not taking into account any interest), and we could have handed the cash over for the club. Oh hindsight is a great thing! Wonder if they would be willing to wait another 5 Years? sorcerer.gif

Fault in that theory is that the 3,000 already buy tickets, merchandise and food/drink. Some can afford that, for some it's a stretch and for others it's too expensive to be constant. I'd be amazed if we got a start out membership of over 1,000, especially when a % of that 3,000 are children.

Have found what seems to be a fans forum for the Chilean club Pini was involved in. Once my registration is approved I'll post asking for info. Will report back with what they say - assuming at least one of them speaks English as I sure as hell don't speak Spanish!

Surely it is in St Mirren's best interests not to comment if s sale is imminent.The way I see it is everything would appear to be speculation at present.Our main focus should be getting points on the board and we should be doing all we can to help Gary in this regard.I know all of the Consortium personally and they all have Saints best interests at heart.Indeed Alan Marshall with whom I attended school at the old JNI in Paisley many years ago is a Lawyer and would scrutinise all of the offers in great detail.If something however has been "leaked" would be disappointed subsequently it may be that Div would wish to reveal his source on this occasion since it would appear that the Media are getting most of the news from this Forum.I have to say that I have every faith in the Consortium to make the correct decision in the best interests of St Mirren Football Club.

Tell us who gave you the info Div, you yourself are asking for answers on our club predicament, so on that principle i ask you to tell us who gave you the info, because it's looking like there will be no announcement "this week"

The silence from the BOD is deafening , I would have thought that , by now , if there was no truth in it they would have come out and said something. That , and Divs record of accurate updates , would let me think there's still some mileage and truth in this. On Sunday I was told it would take until Friday , so we're nearly there , one way or another !

Have found what seems to be a fans forum for the Chilean club Pini was involved in. Once my registration is approved I'll post asking for info. Will report back with what they say - assuming at least one of them speaks English as I sure as hell don't speak Spanish!

Good stuff Stu. Mind and ask how the miners are getting on, and if they want Ball & Marwood.

The silence from the BOD is deafening , I would have thought that , by now , if there was no truth in it they would have come out and said something. That , and Divs record of accurate updates , would let me think there's still some mileage and truth in this. On Sunday I was told it would take until Friday , so we're nearly there , one way or another !

Hope it is resolved tomorrow Billy, i'm trying to remain optimistic, i'd have thought that if there was truth in it then maybe it would not have been "leaked"

Surely if there is no truth in this the BOD should be telling us ?

The only thing that hasn't been truthful imo is the timeline. There is very obviously an attempt at a deal and all the due diligence that involves going on hence the silence. For as long as that process is ongoing there should be absolutely no comment from anyone connected officially to the club. I would hope Divs source is not a club official but his source is his source and none of our business. Div chose to go public and he must have his reasons for that the most obvious one being he truly believed the deal was done and set to be announced. The majority on here are screaming for the board to look into the people behind the proposed take over but I would suggest that is EXACTLY what they are doing and while that process is ongoing they are duty bound to do exactly what they are doing in saying nothing. You just don't go public during any negotiations. The first we should hear from any board member us either yes it's a deal or no the search goes on for new owners. As for timing in relation to the transfer window, it may be irrelevant as the players being brought in may not be currently under contract. Who knows what background any new arrivals may be from.

Miners are better strikers than those pair.

'Lo siento, no hablo Espanol' means 'I'm sorry I don't speak Spanish' - might help in your posting.... Dinnae' mention dug shite on Murray Street, the referendum, Cheesy, the void, or Tommy Craig and you'll be fine.