Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Getting back to football now, I don't read Stu but couldn't miss his bit about St.Mirren should have sold to the consortium at a realistic price. I had the feeling that the board might have been amenable to a bit of come and go but was the stumbling block not the question of at least half a million pounds of borrowing requiring to be paid off from fans contributions over five years before a penny went into the club? If that is more or less the situation I can understand why a board that cared about St.Mirren wasn't over-enamoured with that arrangement.

The monies coming in to pay off the loans was new money and wouldn't have affected the existing income. Likewise, the idea was to bring in new types of income by engaging even more with the local community, such as the church using space on a Sunday morning. All this was possible in a quite short timescale. Once the loans were paid up any contributions would have increased the playing budget or anything else that was needed.

As far as I can tell Hearts fans are making their similar scheme work, and Hibs have a variation on the table.

Why were we so special that it wouldn't work?

Now we face the prospect of new owners, a short time to get the manager and players sorted and the potential for the club and its assets being put at risk!

Well spotted. I was lying in my pit reading the forum on my phone when the bloody thing seemed to freeze. Should have turned it off and on again but buggered about with it and 'I' seems to be the result.

Getting back to football now, I don't read Stu but couldn't miss his bit about St.Mirren should have sold to the consortium at a realistic price. I had the feeling that the board might have been amenable to a bit of come and go but was the stumbling block not the question of at least half a million pounds of borrowing requiring to be paid off from fans contributions over five years before a penny went into the club? If that is more or less the situation I can understand why a board that cared about St.Mirren wasn't over-enamoured with that arrangement. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and I think that applies too to the current suggestions about fans saving up to buy the club. Kind of pie in the sky stuff. I'm not incidentally referring to SMiSA's current recruiting plan. That makes sense as a lot of us do fear a real rainy day at some time in the next few years if some group, possibly the Argentinians, buys the club.

Wrong forum.whistling.gif

The monies coming in to pay off the loans was new money and wouldn't have affected the existing income. Likewise, the idea was to bring in new types of income by engaging even more with the local community, such as the church using space on a Sunday morning. All this was possible in a quite short timescale. Once the loans were paid up any contributions would have increased the playing budget or anything else that was needed.

As far as I can tell Hearts fans are making their similar scheme work, and Hibs have a variation on the table.

Now we face the prospect of new owners, a short time to get the manager and players sorted and the potential for the club and its assets being put at risk!

Don't disagree with anything you say although Hearts fans are lucky to be on a promise with Ann Budge which could be a two edged sword. I realise it was new money which was to cover the loans and maybe I'm wrong but did the board not harbour some doubt about whether all the money would be forthcoming especially the fans' monthly contributions over the long term? I stand to be corrected here if I've got it all wrong.

Get yourself down to Greenhill Road, Shull, and do your Jim White thingy like he does on the last day of the transfer window. Interview anybody especially if they have a kind of Hispanic look about them. The cleaners must have heard something- they're always good for gossip. Even the guy who picks up shite on Murray Street. But don't bother with any directors. They'll tell you zilch.

He's been transferred to somewhere else in Govan where there's even more shite.

Get yourself down to Greenhill Road, Shull, and do your Jim White thingy like he does on the last day of the transfer window. Interview anybody especially if they have a kind of Hispanic look about them. The cleaners must have heard something- they're always good for gossip. Even the guy who picks up shite on Murray Street. But don't bother with any directors. They'll tell you zilch.

Naw, it's baltic.

Here's my take on it. I don't see Div making his 'sale this week' post without being deliberately given the story - and importantly, being told is was OK if he felt like putting it out in the public domain. If Div had been given the info', but told it was on the QT and not for public consumption, pretty sure it wouldn't have been in Div's interest to go public. All he would have done would have been seen to be a snidey clipe - and what good would that do him in the long run?

I can only guess he was given the info, and the hint that it was fine to publish it, by someone in the selling consortium. The purpose? Fed up with not having sold the club yet, and with two bids at least still dragging on, the intention was to flush out one or other of the bidders, get their preferred bidder to get a wriggle on, or if both bids were still in with a shout, to simply make both of them jump and declare their hand, or get out and go away.

The English bid certainly seems to have jumped into some sort of action, given the quickness of which they also asked Div to go public with their e-mail... which struck me as being childish and some of the toys thrown out of that pram are still bouncing past me on the M80 at Cumbernauld. The interesting thing in the e-mail though were the accusations of them basically being fcuked about - accusations which, as yet, have not been refuted by the selling consortium. They might be biting their lip, and will tell their side of the story in a big statement once a remaining bidder's process is complete one way or the other. Or their silence - on all matters - managerial and league position etc, genuinely is a reflection of the widely held view that they have downed tools, chucked it, and is simply another example of their poor communication, reluctance to engage with the support, whatever you want to call it.

If I were on the selling consortium, and knew that English e-mail was bollocks, I'd have drafted a reply immediately. I don't see why refuting any false allegations in it would endanger any other ongoing bid. No other bid need have been brought into it. That assumes it is bollocks of course. Despite reeking of a childish tantrum, without a reply from the selling consortium, the jury must remain out. Only one side has said anything.

If there's any truth in this Argentinian bid, my guess is that the selling consortium are getting twitchy about the words 'tax' and suchlike. I reckon part of them wants to grab the money and run, but they are shuffling in their shoes and are uneasy about the whole thing. I would imagine (assuming interest from the Argies is real), that any delay is down to the selling consortium looking for assurances, guarantees, further checks... All they need to do of course is to ask Neil Doncaster to sit down with them....

Neil: Are you guys fit and proper?

Argies: But of course!

Neil: Good stuff - one sugar or two?

That's my theory. Could be shite mind you. Probably is shite - like 99% of the stuff going on with the club at present. I'm with garzo - somebody wake me up when summat' happens.

Edited by pozbaird

I think folk are reading too much into this and making me out to be something I'm not.

I hear bits of information from various sources. Some I trust, some I don't. Some I publish, some I don't.

This information came from a good source, and I felt it was definitely in the best interests of the fans to know about it.

It was initially rubbished on Sunday, then as the week has progressed it has been validated by the mainstream media.

Even in the last hour there were tweets and stories suggesting the Argies had buggered off to Spain to buy Girona, only for Scott Burns to then rubbish that by saying they are 100% focussed on buying St.Mirren !

The deal was agreed in principle late last week, and was expected to complete this week (ie; Money changes hands, shares change hands).

When it actually completes I don't know. I guess there is still a chance it might yet crash and burn but it's so far advanced I'd think that is unlikely.

I think folk are reading too much into this and making me out to be something I'm not.

I hear bits of information from various sources. Some I trust, some I don't. Some I publish, some I don't.

This information came from a good source, and I felt it was definitely in the best interests of the fans to know about it.

It was initially rubbished on Sunday, then as the week has progressed it has been validated by the mainstream media.

Even in the last hour there were tweets and stories suggesting the Argies had buggered off to Spain to buy Girona, only for Scott Burns to then rubbish that by saying they are 100% focussed on buying St.Mirren !

The deal was agreed in principle late last week, and was expected to complete this week (ie; Money changes hands, shares change hands).

When it actually completes I don't know. I guess there is still a chance it might yet crash and burn but it's so far advanced I'd think that is unlikely.

Did you kill Kennedy? Yes or no .

compared to st mirren, hearts have a huge number of fans signed up and paying, have had a lot of debt wiped and they take in far more in every income stream than st mirren ever will

the issue was always too few people paying too much and the dependence we would have had on the community payback of soft loans

Scott Burns, who is a very good source of information on all things Saints, 1 minute ago on twitter;

That's good enough validation for me.

FFS, the timing of this really is woeful.

This is possibly the most important January window since the current transfer arrangements were introduced, and we are in the latter stages of it and contemplating a possible sale of the majority shareholding to overseas buyers of somewhat questionable credentials.

Its the St Mirren way, I suppose....

FFS, the timing of this really is woeful.

This is possibly the most important January window since the current transfer arrangements were introduced, and we are in the latter stages of it and contemplating a possible sale of the majority shareholding to overseas buyers of somewhat questionable credentials.

Its the St Mirren way, I suppose....

Well.... if club sale DOES go with the Argies then, with their tax-avoidance mode of operation, possibly they have a shelfload of swarthy superstars to simply gift Saints?

Would they bother with rules such as "Transfer Windows", if the tax regulations can be body-swerved?

Much as, in the same manner, Mike Ashley has totally complied with the SFA telling him he could own no more than 29% of Sevco...? :rolleyes:

like many others I think this will ultimately end in tears, with our club sinking into administration. Their previous dealings with the club in Chile suggest it's just another business opportunity to make a fast buck, and then f**k off leaving the mess behind them.

Actually they took the last team over when they were in bankruptcy I believe, got them promoted and took them to the Cup Final before they eventually decided to sell up again last year. These are the only actual facts that I am aware of.

Edited to add: They also got them relegated again, which probably isn't too surprising, and has happened to many teams - we came up in 2000 and went straight back down the next season, without a cup final to speak of.

Edited by Soctty

Personally when I saw you tweeting the club was sold, that was good enough for me to assume that you'd been told by a cast iron source that it was going through this week. As you say, your info was initially rubbished, but as the week has gone on it's become more and more apparent that what you tweeted was bang on, and that any failure of the deal to complete will be due to outside influences such as the public reaction to the Argies bid.

I put on last night about the Girona bid, as I thought it was something that should be known and hadn't been posted elsewhere. Scott Burns has clarified this now, and we're back to where we were - praying for some sort of communication or clarification from the club that the club has been sold/will be sold/will not be sold to the Argies.

We need new owners, quickly. After dismissing around 20 bids, I'm going to trust the board to make the correct decision, having considered the bid thorougly and checked everything out, got the assurances they are looking for.

The most disappointing part of this is, for me anyway, the quality of professional journalism. Plenty of updates from concerned fans, but not one journalist has actually managed a story with Pini.

I'd imagine he'd be reluctant to speak until the deal is done, but a good point that the best we seem to have is rehashes of stories from foreign websites, and only one side of the story seems to have been told.

We need new owners, quickly. After dismissing around 20 bids, I'm going to trust the board to make the correct decision, having considered the bid thorougly and checked everything out, got the assurances they are looking for.

Agree 100%, after everything that's gone on during their tenure there's no way I can see them selling our club to unscrupulous individuals. No matter how desperate they are to move on.

I have supported Saints 38 years , that works out at 332000 hours. The asking price is £1500000 , which equates to £4.51 an hour which is massively below min wage.

I feel as if I personally let BOD down as I could have afforded this,

If the BOD are prepared to wait to 2053 I promise I will start saving now

thumbup2.gif