Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Wee pay for the club I purchase 3 season tickets every year I go to all St.Mirren games home and away buy 3 St.Mirren strips every year give them £250 Donation every year at there end of season dinner which I also pay to attend...

So when fans put there money into a club they deserve answers!

It's the boards responsibility to inform us of what's happening and what the Argentina consortium have planned for the club untill the deal is done!

So why have they not done this? Why the hold up?

I am not a Board hater far from it! I remeber the dark days.

My Dad and Grampa also gave money to the club to stop Reg Bealy getting his hands on St.Mirren but the present board saved us and I am thankful to them!

But there silence has now become disrespectful to us the fans who deserve answers!

A few days will hurt the club we play Dundee untied in a few days and need players! If the Argentina n's have player's waiting to come to the club then it can take 14 day's to get them a visa if there from outside Europe!

So in a few day's time wee play United at home a place we have not won all season with only 1 new player a striker who can only play because we are appealing his sending off with a manager who is in temporary charge!!

What if the Deal falls through???

Do we have a enough time or money to sign players?

Who will the manager be?

The Board should be telling us what the hold up is!

Gilmour Caldwell and cronies wee needed answers a few day's ago! Another few days is a disgrace to wait on news and makes all the difference!!!

Respect your loyalty to the club mate, but we are talking about a £1.5m deal here. I don't think the selling consortium would jepordise their potential sale for the sake of some angry season ticket holders.

This board, like them or not, have undeniably been the most successful in the clubs history. They are all St.Mirren fans, and so I think it's reasonable to assume that they won't just sell the club to a group of gangsters. We have to trust their judgement and give the new guys a chance, I don't think we've any other option.

I don't want new people to chuck cash in or promise 'cash investment' and talk about Europe, challenging at the top, taking us to the next level, living the dream, or any of that shite. We've smelled that bullshit at other clubs.

I want people to be running the club who aren't simply there for a buck, or to act as an intermediary for some kid's journey from Bogota to Berlin via a three month stint in a St Mirren strip.

I would like people with ideas and drive, who are able to engage with the support. My personal belief is that St Mirren, as a club, an entity, wouldn't know a good idea if it jumped up and smacked them in the gob. We smack of a corner shop who is resigned to life as a corner shop.

If other folk disagree, I respect their opinion.

Hmm, you've tapped my inner psyche here..........

I've felt less engaged , less of a fan since we relocated tbh. A bit of my attachment for the club still lies in memories and ruins, cannae help that.

Strangely I think of Yogi Hughes whenever I think of Greenhill road now, he said opposition teams would get more of a lift from the new ground than St Mirren ? Never had him as a prophet but that foresight rings kinda true with me, both as a fan wanting success and as a customer. The Greenhill rd experience is awful.

As for the future , it's a generational thing , the club will go on , but it's firm identity going forward, well I just don't see it as good from my perspective , but maybe my kids will engage again in time. Personally I get more out of chasing a wee ball across manicured acreage these days than paying to be an avid fan of murder ball in the godawful SPFL.

St Mirren will always be my team , their failures and successes continually shape my mindset, but looking forward, I'm kinda Revd I M Jolly about it all.

I don't want new people to chuck cash in or promise 'cash investment' and talk about Europe, challenging at the top, taking us to the next level, living the dream, or any of that shite. We've smelled that bullshit at other clubs.

I want people to be running the club who aren't simply there for a buck, or to act as an intermediary for some kid's journey from Bogota to Berlin via a three month stint in a St Mirren strip.

I would like people with ideas and drive, who are able to engage with the support. My personal belief is that St Mirren, as a club, an entity, wouldn't know a good idea if it jumped up and smacked them in the gob. We smack of a corner shop who is resigned to life as a corner shop.

If other folk disagree, I respect their opinion.

Corner shops need more people to come in if they want to become bigger. To be honest Poz, HOF boards, decent font on the scoreboard or a League Cup Final book wouldn't have brought a single extra fan through the gate. Better players will, which either comes through investment or sales. Let's say a new group fit out the void, how long before that money hits the park or becomes the float that even Oaksoft feels would be good to have.

I'd really, quite frankly, not mind having the occasional player for only one transfer window cycle to the other if it meant two or three others came in for longer on the back of it. I would, though, start questioning us paying stupid wages or signing three or four Caniggia/Ravanelli style players.

I'm a bit confused with not wanting Europe, because aside from Aberdeen and Dundee United that is there to be had with some decent signings. No need to make final pay day style signings for that.

Wee pay for the club I purchase 3 season tickets every year I go to all St.Mirren games home and away buy 3 St.Mirren strips every year give them £250 Donation every year at there end of season dinner which I also pay to attend...

It's the boards responsibility to inform us of what's happening and what the Argentina consortium have planned for the club untill the deal is done!

My Dad and Grampa also gave money to the club to stop Reg Bealy getting his hands on St.Mirren but the present board saved us and I am thankful to them!

But there silence has now become disrespectful to us the fans who deserve answers!

A few days will hurt the club we play Dundee untied in a few days and need players! If the Argentina n's have player's waiting to come to the club then it can take 14 day's to get them a visa if there from outside Europe!

So in a few day's time wee play United at home a place we have not won all season with only 1 new player a striker who can only play because we are appealing his sending off with a manager who is in temporary charge!!

Who will the manager be?

Gilmour Caldwell and cronies wee needed answers a few day's ago! Another few days is a disgrace to wait on news and makes all the difference!!!

Yes, at a pivotal time for the club even a non committal sound bite would be at least a courtesy, irrespective of whatever confidential commercial discussions are underway. Or is it that its only SG that is capable of speaking in public, and if he is out the country, then we hear nowt ? It does seem a tad bizarre or some might say as above a tad disrespectful, irrespective of £nos. fans are not interested in the change the BOd might get , they want a reference to some possible direction. We have circa fifty plus cv's lying on a desk , gawd even the press have given up speculating on the manager.

St Mirren it seems are just not even news worthy these days

No one expects the fans to be consulted prior to a deal being struck but they would assume the selling consortium to have quizzed the potential buyers as to their intentions, business plan and personnel (with a knowledge of the Scottish game) to be appointed to take things forward.

That to me seems both reasonable and feasible. However, there has been no indication from Pino & Co that they know anything about the Scottish game and set up, nor have they sought to involve anyone with a detailed knowledge of players, teams, tactics and dealings in the transfer market.r have The lack of information and reassurance from the selling consortium would lead the fans to fear a 'Vladimir Romanov-type' experience, which you will recall almost resulted in the demise of Heart of Midlothian.

You seem well informed, given that we've heard nothing of the Argentine group's intentions.

Americans invested in Dundee a year or so ago, although I don't know if they're running the whole thing. Seems to be going OK so far but it's Dundee so financial catastrophe is only ever a few years away.

IT's total pot luck I suppose. Never fails to amaze me the amount of successful businessmen - regardless of nationality - who are useless when it comes to running a football club.

same Americans who also made an offer for St Mirren BTW

Corner shops need more people to come in if they want to become bigger. To be honest Poz, HOF boards, decent font on the scoreboard or a League Cup Final book wouldn't have brought a single extra fan through the gate. Better players will, which either comes through investment or sales. Let's say a new group fit out the void, how long before that money hits the park or becomes the float that even Oaksoft feels would be good to have.

I'd really, quite frankly, not mind having the occasional player for only one transfer window cycle to the other if it meant two or three others came in for longer on the back of it. I would, though, start questioning us paying stupid wages or signing three or four Caniggia/Ravanelli style players.

I'm a bit confused with not wanting Europe, because aside from Aberdeen and Dundee United that is there to be had with some decent signings. No need to make final pay day style signings for that.

Some group telling us Europe was on? We haven't ever made top 6 yet. Forgive my furrowed brow. HoF boards? A bugbear of mine, sure. Have a bit of banter about it, sure do. My signature text is accurate though. Going to have a wee sherbert when we hit the two year inactivity anniversary. Oh - over a year to fix a shoddy missing letter on the main stadium sign too. Ach, never mind, it's fixed now.

No, that stuff doesn't get bums on seats or makes money.

It is, in my opinion, fair game for discussion on an open forum - as is the merchandising situation over recent years, and other assorted topics that aren't the core issues of what happens on the field of play...

I sense that I would be better shutting up though, so I will. And breathe....

(would insert funny smilie here, but I'm on an iPod with no happy funny smilie function, just pretend it's here.... :-)

Some group telling us Europe was on? We haven't ever made top 6 yet. Forgive my furrowed brow. HoF boards? A bugbear of mine, sure. Have a bit of banter about it, sure do. My signature text is accurate though. Going to have a wee sherbert when we hit the two year inactivity anniversary. Oh - over a year to fix a shoddy missing letter on the main stadium sign too. Ach, never mind, it's fixed now.

No, that stuff doesn't get bums on seats or makes money.

It is, in my opinion, fair game for discussion on an open forum - as is the merchandising situation over recent years, and other assorted topics that aren't the core issues of what happens on the field of play...

I sense that I would be better shutting up though, so I will. And breathe....

(would insert funny smilie here, but I'm on an iPod with no happy funny smilie function, just pretend it's here.... :-)

Yes, the merchandising. A rea legacy, which none of us are privvy to the deeper workings of. I will never understand the logic of not allowing kit sales at the ground. I understand the theory of wanting people to visit your store, but to expect people to visit pre-match every Saturday is lunacy. "Oh thanks for your sponsorship and kit deal. In return I'm going to walk out my way to buy a Saint Miren sh...oooh, caps and hoodies, such delights, are these new creations". I don't notice advertising, but do notice kits missing from a rack. Certainly not having a pop for the discussion, I'd be hacked off too.

Yes, the merchandising. A rea legacy, which none of us are privvy to the deeper workings of. I will never understand the logic of not allowing kit sales at the ground. I understand the theory of wanting people to visit your store, but to expect people to visit pre-match every Saturday is lunacy. "Oh thanks for your sponsorship and kit deal. In return I'm going to walk out my way to buy a Saint Miren sh...oooh, caps and hoodies, such delights, are these new creations". I don't notice advertising, but do notice kits missing from a rack. Certainly not having a pop for the discussion, I'd be hacked off too.

The Tommy Craig underpants were good until I realised they were cheap and the arse fell out of them.

You seem well informed, given that we've heard nothing of the Argentine group's intentions.

As you know, I like everyone else, am not well informed.

The absence of information from either party, leaves us all making uninformed assumptions based on reasonable logic.

If any link-ups with Scottish coaches/players had been mooted by the prospective purchasers, it would have been in both parties' interests to let the fans know, without revealing the details/identities in advance.

As div has pointed out, we will not know what has been proposed until a deal has been concluded and by then it will be too late.

Surely the selling consortium should have been trying to reassure the fans that, even at this late stage, they are endeavoring to secure all the necessary safeguards for the future well-being of the club.

That reassurance would necessarily include a general indication that the prospective purchasers are not going into this blind - ie. without any input from anyone with a good knowledge of the Scottish game.

As a lifetime fan, I shall be awaiting such an assurance with bated breath!

My main concern is if any deal with the Argentina consortium takes more time it digs into January transfer window!

If they have players identified and they are not European they need a European work visa that can take upto 14 days till the player can register to play in our position can we wait?

What if the bid falls through where does that leave us?

Enough time to get players in time?

Enough money to get player's in?

The BOD made a huge mistake in appointing Tommy Craig as manager cost the club money cost them money might cost us our top flight status leaving us back in the first division in financial uncertainty!!!

They didn't listen to us about new managers they gave Tommy Craig a 2 year contract! Why did they not just extend Danny Lennons by 12 months if they wanted to sell the club it would have been cheaper?

Now they can't even give us a clue about what's happening regaurding the sale leaving the fans in the Dark again..

The Board have not done a good job since the cup and taken loyal fans for granted on the back of it!

I will always appreciated what they did to save us but if they don't act quick and sell the club then were destined for first division and financial uncertainty!!!

The same place they saved us from!! but we do have a new ground and training facilities!

Edited by leolovesstmfc

I asked a question elsewhere in all seriousness, because I do not know the answer - are there any examples of a foreign consortium coming into a Scottish senior club and it not ending like Romanov, Massone, Stefano or Anelka?

Not so much a consortium but Dermot Desmond and JP McManus at Celtic seem to be doing ok. Ooops, I've opened a can of worms now.......

Who will the manager be?

Another deluded soul.

You pay a few hundred quid a year to a business which needs £3m a year to break even and you expect to be given a hot line to all club dealings?

Get over yourself FFS. lol.gif

You'll hear when you need to hear and probably not before.

If that doesn't suit, empty your piggy bank and make the club an offer.

I just can't see this deal going through. If you're very interested in buying a football club I imagine that the last thing you do is head off to another country and try to buy another one.

The reports suggest that Pini is spending around 2 weeks in Girona going through the books with an auditor and having a series of meetings to organise their bid. They spent a single day in Paisley and by all accounts left without expressing much serious interest.

If they were seriously interested in buying Saints, they would surely be spending the 2 weeks in Paisley not Girona.

Looks to me like Saints are at best a back up plan. And if they are telling the BOD they are planning to put a serious offer on the table, the BOD are surely being strung along.

Apart from anything else I don't suppose they have unlimited finance and if the Girona deal costs them an extra £1.5M they won't be able to finance a deal for Saints.

Even if it was to go through, it hardly looks likely it will be done before the window shuts (as Pini is in Girona until the 29th). By which time Saints will have been without a manager for about 8 weeks (10 league games) during what is a critical part of the season.

Nothing short of a disaster for the club; and not exactly a great way to treat the fans either.......

Edited by ds10

I agree that Saints are probably a back up plan. I can't see Pini come over to Europe and buying two clubs at once, I don't think they are that wealthy for one thing.

I'd imagine there is little chance of this going through and the English have been told they are not welcome. I'd quite like the board to get some funds to Gary Teale now so we can at least avoide relegation now! Too much to ask?

The silence from the board suggests to me that there's definitely something imminent, otherwise they'd come out and say that the deal was off.

Exactly, at the very least negotiations are still going on.

Doesn't that suggest there is nothing imminent?

Do the BOD usually come out and say when any prospevtive deal off?

Just curious?

Doesn't that suggest there is nothing imminent?

Do the BOD usually come out and say when any prospevtive deal off?

Just curious?

A fair question mate, but I would think that after all the publicity, and constant speculation in the media about this prospective takeover, that if the deal was dead in the water the selling consortium would be all over the press, given how keen they are to sell.