Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

No new owners - what a surprise, can't wait for the next media induced exclusive.

It did help keep up the traffic on here and in the herald guys paper and twatter pages though.

You seem very angry that it didn't actually complete within the week. I'm really, really sorry about that.

You seem very angry that it didn't actually complete within the week. I'm really, really sorry about that.

You will be.... I'm pushing for a forum EGM. If I get 51% of forum users to back me - you're out pal. I'm taking over - my 1973 case of stealing pick n' mix from Woolworths in Johnstone High Street won't stop me from passing the 'fit and proper' owner test. Once you're out, I will take the forum back to its rightful place in Scottish fitba' by lending it 10 quid - secured against the Aaron Mooy bikes and the extension cable for the scoreboard.

Not angry, appology accepted though.

I have already posted that i don't blame you for it, whoever gave you the info should not be doing so without having been sure of it.

"Club will be sold soon" or "Argentinians are waiting on acceptance of bid" would have been fine, "Club will be sold this week" was misleading to say the least.

I have already posted that i don't blame you for it, whoever gave you the info should not be doing so without having been sure of it.

"Club will be sold soon" or "Argentinians are waiting on acceptance of bid" would have been fine, "Club will be sold this week" was misleading to say the least.

Not if that's what he was told by his source, of all the people who have acted bizarrely during this most recent bout of takeover rumour/chat etc Div is most certainly not one of them.

As far as I am aware, the directors were certain that the club would be sold this (now last) week.

It's a bit like saying to someone with the certainty that "my house will be sold" next week, only for a complication in financial dealings to delay the sale.

Wouldn't it be great if every process involving financial dealings went exactly to plan? Unfortunately during complex financial negotiations, as I'm sure you're aware, the "goalposts can be shifted" at the most inopportune times.

Despite claims elsewhere that there hasn't been any contact between the two groups, there has been.

Whether the talks end up with the club being sold or not, lies in the hands of the directors and the Argentine consortium.

It's hugely frustrating for us all, but sadly club takeovers tend to have more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing.

In an ideal world, the board could have released a short statement indicating that talks are ongoing, as opposed to us hearing things through the info on the Internet. However, that's the nature of the passage of information these days.

Not if that's what he was told by his source, of all the people who have acted bizarrely during this most recent bout of takeover rumour/chat etc Div is most certainly not one of them.

Yes I know that is why i said i don't blame Div, if you read my post it's the person who told him that should take more care in what he is putting out.

As we all know a "week" is a long time in football especially if it is 8 days or more.

Div has nothing to apologise for. He was given specific information from a trusted source and he posted exactly what he was told. He even stated he knew nothing more that what he had been told. He passed in it good faith to the public domain as he (rightly) assumed that fans would be keen to read about it.

What if he hadn't posted anything and a week later if the club had been sold he tells everyone 'I knew a week ago but did not say anything even though I had been told that I could tell the world?' Would the forumsters not have been a bit pissed off?

There is loads of absolute garbage posted on this site and often when I see a poster's name I just ignore what they have to say. However Div gives us accuracy and inside information that few others are able to (including our own Club!). Think he needs some slack here. He posted in good faith from a trusted source - it isn't his fault it hasn't happened (yet).

And no we are not related :)

I think the thread title is one of those ongoing ones that may eventually be right as in whatever week it happens is 'This Week'.

Hopefully though not like the abortive takeover that made 'Big News/Conclusions' to come announcements regarding 'This Week' but the 'This Week' mentioned never, ever came!

I'm not sure what the hold up has been this week, but as far as I am aware the agreement remains in place and the Argentinian consortium will still become the owners of the club. If I hear anything different I will be sure to post it.