The Green Vermin F.c. Match On Good Friday

shull

Back in West Ham's 'Great Escape' (Tevez) season when we were odds on to go down we played bitter rivals Tottenham Hotspur in our run in. For the first time all season we showed some fight, showed that they cared, showed we were prepared to scrap for everything.... Oh and we lost.

But i walked away from that game feeling strangely positive, I thought I saw a spark that night that I hoped would turn out season. Turns out I was right and the belief around the club began to grow until we dragged ourselves safe on the last day of the season.

Hopefully we have seen the same tonight with the Saints, hopefully the hard fought game has ignited a belief amongst the players that if they put that sort of effort in for the other games they just might claw themselves out of it. Now is the time for the fans to get behind the team too and stick with them until the hopefully happy ending.

I didn't manage to see the game today but all reports say we fought well. How did Sadlier get on with his first start?

I didn't manage to see the game today but all reports say we fought well. How did Sadlier get on with his first start?

I thought he played very well and was surprised when he was subbed.

We competed well, but overall we didn't threaten enough.

Teale again made some baffling changes. Morgan up against Ambrose!? Leaving Mallan on, despite him holding his hamstring most the second half.

I'm disappointed in McGinn, he showed more fight for the ball tonight than he's shown all season. Maybe he'll decide to turn up as we know him in the next two televised games as well.

We showed a bit of fight, something we've lacked, shame it wasn't a bit earlier in the season

I thought we played very well for the 90 mins but we only created 2,maybe 3,chances.Nice to see a bit of fight from the team,sellic certainly knew they'd been in a game.We're in the last chance saloon now,6 points from next 2 games or it's bye bye and hello hello sad.png

what ever else happens....don't want Hello Hello

I thought he played very well and was surprised when he was subbed.

Yup, looked to have a lot left in the tank.

As a sidenote, the highlights are up and it's pretty obvious there's no point complaining about the content. Would be nice if they didn't miss key incidents like the player being taken out as he broke forward.

Back in West Ham's 'Great Escape' (Tevez) season when we were odds on to go down we played bitter rivals Tottenham Hotspur in our run in. For the first time all season we showed some fight, showed that they cared, showed we were prepared to scrap for everything.... Oh and we lost.

But i walked away from that game feeling strangely positive, I thought I saw a spark that night that I hoped would turn out season. Turns out I was right and the belief around the club began to grow until we dragged ourselves safe on the last day of the season.

Hopefully we have seen the same tonight with the Saints, hopefully the hard fought game has ignited a belief amongst the players that if they put that sort of effort in for the other games they just might claw themselves out of it. Now is the time for the fans to get behind the team too and stick with them until the hopefully happy ending.

The boy should have been playing weeks ago

St Mirren 0

That's the problem

Last night showed you can set your team up hard to beat

Apart from Thommo who can no longer run around for any great length of time who can score goals

Arquin when he played with McLean showed he was a good link up man but won't score any great amount of goals

McGinn and Mallan are tidy wee players but won't score goals

The pressure will be on Dayton as Gow and Wylde have a heart of a mouse and aren't what we need

I thought Tess and Naismith were excellent last night and i expect Naismith to move in the summer

That's the problem

Last night showed you can set your team up hard to beat

Apart from Thommo who can no longer run around for any great length of time who can score goals

Arquin when he played with McLean showed he was a good link up man but won't score any great amount of goals

McGinn and Mallan are tidy wee players but won't score goals

The pressure will be on Dayton as Gow and Wylde have a heart of a mouse and aren't what we need

I thought Tess and Naismith were excellent last night and i expect Naismith to move in the summer

You think someone's going to pay a fee for Naismith?

If we had only played like that in even two or three other games against poorer opposition we wouldn't be staring relegation straight in the face. A bit of bad luck and terrible refereeing decisions haven't helped either. Last night at least gives us a glimmer of hope if we can play like that again.

On last night's game though he had no real bearing on the result

The ref was fecking terrible especially towards Mallan give him no protection when he was clearly fouled the majority of the night

Goodwin commits 1 foul the whole night yellow card could argue it was a card but his offence was no worse than others before hand and nothing.

My main gripe is his treatment of Mallan though even when he was clearly elbowed and he went down with a head knock play raged on

Alan Muir is a poor ref imo

If we had only played like that in even two or three other games against poorer opposition we wouldn't be staring relegation straight in the face. A bit of bad luck and terrible refereeing decisions haven't helped either. Last night at least gives us a glimmer of hope if we can play like that again.

Totally agree. Definitely positives to take from last night, but the same players that were honking and showing a complete lack of fight and belief against St Johnstone, seemed to raise their game in front of the cameras last night. Too little too late I'm afraid, buy I'd love to be proved wrong. If anything, the players should've been playing with more belief against St Johnstone, as it was a winnable game.

Thought Tess was superb, especially in the first half, resulting in Forrest(just before he scored) being moved to the other wing, as Tess had him in his pocket. Yet again, I thought Goodwin was our best player. His yellow card was warranted, but it's good to see someone giving Brown a taste of his own medicine; the difference being Brown wouldn't have been carded.

We are a mental bunch.

We cannot raise our game until we stare into the abyss. Utterly frustrating.

Season after season we do this.

Ross county win five on the spin, other teams go on wee runs, we have not done that in a decade , hence , where we are.

The boy should have been playing weeks ago

the thing is he has no real first team experience so if I am honest I agree with the way that the Management have handled him and his introduction to the squad. He has settled really well into the club, loves it up here and is really appreciative of the way that the other players have welcomed him to the club and the way that the fans have accepted and greeted him - you are now just seeing a small amount of what he can do when he is on the ball.

First start under his belt for the club, a baptism of fire, but thought he handled it really well. He will now use that experience to get into Motherwell & Ross County sides if he starts where I would expect us to have more of the ball and the chance to get the ball out to him and Dayton a lot more.

the thing is he has no real first team experience so if I am honest I agree with the way that the Management have handled him and his introduction to the squad. He has settled really well into the club, loves it up here and is really appreciative of the way that the other players have welcomed him to the club and the way that the fans have accepted and greeted him - you are now just seeing a small amount of what he can do when he is on the ball.

First start under his belt for the club, a baptism of fire, but thought he handled it really well. He will now use that experience to get into Motherwell & Ross County sides if he starts where I would expect us to have more of the ball and the chance to get the ball out to him and Dayton a lot more.

Along he's here next season in the Championship.

After the Hamilton game a few of us expected him to be more involved as in that short time he had shown more than Wylde has this season.

Glad he's enjoying it up here as us fans aren't this season