A Message From The Chairman

A message from the chairman .............. of Tranmere Rovers

Some of you will know I post in the Other Football section = detailing the mainly lows of Tranmere this season

I wanted to share this with you as its the sort of rallying call id love from our chairman

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/a-fight-to-the-finish-2357829.aspx

Im sure you will agree!!

post-37-0-02352300-1427287733_thumb.png

A message from the chairman .............. of Tranmere Rovers

Some of you will know I post in the Other Football section = detailing the mainly lows of Tranmere this season

I wanted to share this with you as its the sort of rallying call id love from our chairman

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/a-fight-to-the-finish-2357829.aspx

Im sure you will agree!!

To be honest not really.

Is what he is saying relevant?

If the players perform we'll survive, if they don't we'll be relegated.

I'm not sure what words from the chairman would help right now.

I think the problem is well scoped out.

What we need is action not words.

To be honest not really.

It shows (IMO) that Tranmere have a Chairman that cares about his club, their future and that of their employees.

Both Gilmour and George Campbell treat our fans with contempt. The AGM proved this. Yes we should thank them for past events but since we put the club up for sale they have taken their eye off the ball. Increased pressure should be directed at the board as well as the players for short changing us and taken the club backwards.

To be honest not really.

Why do people insist on using misleading thread titles snore.gif . Good on the Tranmere chairman though would be good to see something similiar from our board.

Don't worry ours will be out soon. It'll be along the lines of "right folks season ticket renewal time, gies yer cash".

Both Gilmour and George Campbell treat our fans with contempt. The AGM proved this. Yes we should thank them for past events but since we put the club up for sale they have taken their eye off the ball. Increased pressure should be directed at the board as well as the players for short changing us and taken the club backwards.

Stewart Gilmour has a first name.

I'm sure if Stewart Gilmour had that MILF sitting next to him he would be feeling well motivated.

That's what is all about. Passion. Pulling together to do the best we can as individual supporters and everyone connected to our great club to make it as good as it possibly can be.

We still have it within our grasp to stay up but everyone has to stand up and be counted.

Does everyone remember the energy from the crowd away to Falkirk on a couple of occasions a few years back when we desperately needed a result? We can replicate that at games and make a difference. I still think we still have a number of decent player's in that squad but they need to step up too or else we no chance.

The fat lady is warming her vocal chords but she is not in full voice yet.;-)

'We' the fans did not put the club up for sale, we will always be here.

'They' the consortium of cronies put the club up for sale. For one reason only, cold hard cash.

As Lou Reed famously said, you reap what you sow.

That's what is all about. Passion. Pulling together to do the best we can as individual supporters and everyone connected to our great club to make it as good as it possibly can be.

We still have it within our grasp to stay up but everyone has to stand up and be counted.

Does everyone remember the energy from the crowd away to Falkirk on a couple of occasions a few years back when we desperately needed a result? We can replicate that at games and make a difference. I still think we still have a number of decent player's in that squad but they need to step up too or else we no chance.

The fat lady is warming her vocal chords but she is not in full voice yet.;-)

Shuggie Murray.

Billy Mehmet.

Jack Ross.

Just three of the vital ingredients that are missing. Guys who had the hearts of lions that afternoon. They would have run through a brick wall to get the result.

Do we have many players who fit that bill?

Shuggie Murray.

Billy Mehmet.

Jack Ross.

Just three of the vital ingredients that are missing. Guys who had the hearts of lions that afternoon. They would have run through a brick wall to get the result.

Do we have many players who fit that bill?

We were in that situation with the self same players.

Hindsight is great, if these players who "fit the bill" were so lion hearted how did we find ourselves in that position?

I'm not convinced that your description fits the bill, the result, suitably supported by a brilliant away set of fans, and a lacklustre Falkirk saw us safe.

Funny old game.

We were in that situation with the self same players.

Hindsight is great, if these players who "fit the bill" were so lion hearted how did we find ourselves in that position?

I'm not convinced that your description fits the bill, the result, suitably supported by a brilliant away set of fans, and a lacklustre Falkirk saw us safe.

Funny old game.

He does qualify it with 'that afternoon ' which I think is a fair assessment. Going into that match we knew Shug Murray had previously battled in and won relegation battles, we knew Billy Mehmet had battled in and scored in relegation battles so we knew those guys had the heart for that sort of match. Edited by Hambud

He does qualify it with 'that day' which I think is a fair assessment. Going into that match we knew Shug Murray had previously battled in and won relegation battles, we knew Billy Mehmet had battled in and scored in relegation battles so we knew those guys had the heart for that sort of match.

Sorry, you've missed the fact we were in that situation with the self same players.

Did they forget to turn up and saved it all for that day?

The result backs up the perception that the players mentioned were lion hearts, the previous 30 odd games would disprove that, in my opinion.

It gets continually brought up we've been "lucky" due to Gretna, blah blah blah, again assuming that we might not have survived anyway, always assuming we would have been relegated, which is only opinion, nothing more.

IF, and I agree it's getting a bigger if with every passing week, we survive, the self same players we have could have the tag "lion hearts".

Sorry, you've missed the fact we were in that situation with the self same players.

Did they forget to turn up and saved it all for that day?

The result backs up the perception that the players mentioned were lion hearts, the previous 30 odd games would disprove that, in my opinion.

It gets continually brought up we've been "lucky" due to Gretna, blah blah blah, again assuming that we might not have survived anyway, always assuming we would have been relegated, which is only opinion, nothing more.

IF, and I agree it's getting a bigger if with every passing week, we survive, the self same players we have could have the tag "lion hearts".

Make no mistake, if we manage to pull off a 'great escape' this season, it will be a far greater achievement than any previous ones cos we look dead in the water right now. Drifting further away from our rivals, looking like we just can't pull out any kind of result, but most importantly, right now we look like a team bereft of any kind of fight and passion. THAT is the biggest worry people have. That you just can't see where those battling qualities are suddenly going to come from.

And I kinda think that's the point they were trying to make.

I hope the players can find it in them very quickly to fight back, but it looks bleak. Not enough leaders on the park. And quite frankly not enough talent.

Please prove me wrong Buddies.

Make no mistake, if we manage to pull off a 'great escape' this season, it will be a far greater achievement than any previous ones cos we look dead in the water right now. Drifting further away from our rivals, looking like we just can't pull out any kind of result, but most importantly, right now we look like a team bereft of any kind of fight and passion. THAT is the biggest worry people have. That you just can't see where those battling qualities are suddenly going to come from.

And I kinda think that's the point they were trying to make.

I hope the players can find it in them very quickly to fight back, but it looks bleak. Not enough leaders on the park. And quite frankly not enough talent.

Please prove me wrong Buddies.

I agree that it looks like we are favourites to go down, either by being bottom or in the play off.

This season has, on the whole, been poor but the previous seasons we were poor and were equally as bad, although some people tend to let that fact drift into oblivion.

I reiterate that in previous seasons when we have pulled off big results our performances before these games have been shit so, it's not impossible but unlikely we can do it again.

The supporters who ALWAYS look on the worst possible scenario, while berating the team for having no fight, are frankly bawbags.

We are one of the teams, for whatever reason, who will lose more than we will win so it's fcuking easy to jump aboard the "we're shite, the board, the penny pinching, the shit manager" opinions and much harder to have some hope.

Not one "supporter" has said it's fcuking easy, but it's always been hard supporting St Mirren. There have been much more shit times than good.

I had a rather heated discussion with one of my young Rangers supporting employees the other day reiterating that point.

I have always stated relegation would be a disaster, not life ending in any way (© Oaky) but could see us sliding into football oblivion for many years as we have no financial backing that Hearts & HIbs have which make life very difficult in a very competitive league.

The days of good/great cup runs would be gone and the lunatics that have romantic notions of visiting shit grounds are dinosaurs who will soon be extinct leaving the rest nothing but minor "happy days" winning games that mean next to nothing, something that's mentioned with the current Rangers situation.

What will be will be, no amount of moaning and groaning by these dinosaurs will change that (© Billyg and crew) but the team needs our support, deservedly or not, which was something that did help in the astounding games against Motherwell & Falkirk.

Edited by faraway saint