A Message From The Chairman

Why is that because someone (and I'm not agreeing with their POV) comes on here and berates the team for being shite, the BOD for penny pinching or the manager for being clueless that it's almost assumed they won't be there at the next game singing their hearts out in support of their team?

Blind faith or graceful acceptance of your situation isn't a badge of honour. It's simply an opinion which differs from some of the guys who want to vent their frustrations at their team losing.

Why is that because someone (and I'm not agreeing with their POV) comes on here and berates the team for being shite, the BOD for penny pinching or the manager for being clueless that it's almost assumed they won't be there at the next game singing their hearts out in support of their team?

Blind faith or graceful acceptance of your situation isn't a badge of honour. It's simply an opinion which differs from some of the guys who want to vent their frustrations at their team losing.

Fair point.

I was specifically referring to the Falkirk match, as Hambud pointed out.

I also don't think it is accurate to say that Falkirk were 'lacklustre' on the day. We pretty much blew them away from the first Whistle. We pressed them in every area of the pitch and didn't give them any time or space to play.

The point I was trying to make is that we had a few committed battlers in the team ask then. Of course, they had let themselves get into the precarious position they found themselves in (though, arguably, in a stronger league), but there was a spirit and determination there when it was required.

I was simply asking whether folk believe we have that type of player now, with that mentality, in the context of the Falkirk game being brought up.

I desperately hope I'm proved wrong, but I just can't see it. It was as if a switch was flicked in Falkirk that afternoon. I don't know if we even have the switch available to us this time round.

I agree that it looks like we are favourites to go down, either by being bottom or in the play off.

This season has, on the whole, been poor but the previous seasons we were poor and were equally as bad, although some people tend to let that fact drift into oblivion.

I reiterate that in previous seasons when we have pulled off big results our performances before these games have been shit so, it's not impossible but unlikely we can do it again.

The supporters who ALWAYS look on the worst possible scenario, while berating the team for having no fight, are frankly bawbags.

We are one of the teams, for whatever reason, who will lose more than we will win so it's fcuking easy to jump aboard the "we're shite, the board, the penny pinching, the shit manager" opinions and much harder to have some hope.

Not one "supporter" has said it's fcuking easy, but it's always been hard supporting St Mirren. There have been much more shit times than good.

I had a rather heated discussion with one of my young Rangers supporting employees the other day reiterating that point.

I have always stated relegation would be a disaster, not life ending in any way (© Oaky) but could see us sliding into football oblivion for many years as we have no financial backing that Hearts & HIbs have which make life very difficult in a very competitive league.

The days of good/great cup runs would be gone and the lunatics that have romantic notions of visiting shit grounds are dinosaurs who will soon be extinct leaving the rest nothing but minor "happy days" winning games that mean next to nothing, something that's mentioned with the current Rangers situation.

What will be will be, no amount of moaning and groaning by these dinosaurs will change that (© Billyg and crew) but the team needs our support, deservedly or not, which was something that did help in the astounding games against Motherwell & Falkirk.

Good post.

Whit you doing up so late ?

It shows (IMO) that Tranmere have a Chairman that cares about his club, their future and that of their employees.

Does it?

It shows they can put together a press release.

Sorry I just don't buy this nonsense that to have passion you must display it in an X factor style cringefest.

That's all fine and well, but we've never done FOUR of a Falkirk, Stirling or Motherwell style performance in a season when under pressure. Indeed, it's just like 4-0 vs Celtic, Saints day, 1987 or the Anglo Scottish Cup at this point in that it's f**king meaningless. Even double wins vs Ross County & Motherwell may not be enough.

You know what, the claim is that the players read this. They accept the praise, they love the adulation and they certainly enjoy earning their wage. So, to the experienced players...get your damned fingers out. Goodwin, how about marking instead of pointing when your man gets free for the umpteenth time. Thommo, how about staying onside for 90 minutes and operate centrally. Gow, pass when a man is open and stop diving as it's gay! Ridgers, try catching the damned crosses and release wide men when they're in space. Wylde, christ where to start...just do something, beat a man, track back and put a cross in. We have a target man, stop f**king cutting in or running in to the man marking you. Tess and Naisy, just get tighter and stop the cross. Kelly, you're doing better than Wylde so can't complain too much. McGinn, easy balls...stop forcing things and losing possession. The rest of the first team, keep plugging away. Cheesy, simple stuff if you get on. Finally, Reilly...how about showing some of that mythical potential. Oh aye and Arquin...how about you prove us all wrong by scoring a few.

I'd take that entire team over the one we've got right now. Gary Brady would look like f**king Platini in the middle compared to what we've been subjected to this season.

Seriously, is there one player, position by position you wouldn't take from that lot to improve our current team?

Howard v Ridgers. - Howard

Ross v Naismith - Ross

Barron v Tesselar. - Barron

Haining v Genev. - Haining

Cuthbert v Goodwin. - Close but still Cuthbert

Thomson v Mallan. - Thomson

Murray v Dayton. - Shuggie

Dorman v McGinn - Doo, doo, doo, doo.........

Mason v Kelly. - Mason

Brady v Gow. - Brady

Goal Machine v Thommohawk (this season's Thommohawk) - Mehmet

Yes, that team also left us hanging onto our top flight status by a thread with some woefully inept performances but when push came to shove they showed up and played magnificently.

I'm hoping this lot can do likewise at some point in the coming weeks.

I'd take that entire team over the one we've got right now. Gary Brady would look like f**king Platini in the middle compared to what we've been subjected to this season.

Seriously, is there one player, position by position you wouldn't take from that lot to improve our current team?

Ross v Naismith - Ross

Mason v Kelly. - Mason

Brady v Gow. - Brady

Yes, that team also left us hanging onto our top flight status by a thread with some woefully inept performances but when push came to shove they showed up and played magnificently.

Yes, they did leave us hanging on, but unless I've got this wildly wrong, it would have been a top flight with relatively big-spending Rangers, Hearts and Hibs sides in it, and a much stronger Motherwell than this season's.

Does it?

It shows they can put together a press release.

Sorry I just don't buy this nonsense that to have passion you must display it in an X factor style cringefest.

It also shows they have a chairman who cares enough to put together a press release and at least try to look interested - engage with supporters

Ross v Naismith - Ross

Mason v Kelly. - Mason

Brady v Gow. - Brady

There were several of that team who took pelters, unfairly, from a large section of the crowd. Brady, Thomson and Mason were far better than they were given credit for, and enough has been written about Mehmet to fill a library. We're never really happy unless we're bitching about the team on the park or the man who picks them.