St Mirren V Ross County Premiership 13/4/15 7-45 Pm Kick Off

shull

Play off spot still possible

Aye. I watched the Motherwell game last week in the Galatea, was extremely depressed, but a win on Monday closes the gap to 7 points. A win in the post-split fixture with Well takes it back to 4... Could the great escape be on?? :)

I'd think not, but stranger things have happened, especially if the gap were to be only 3 points on the last day....

Planned to take in hospitality hoping it would be a crunch game to come up and bawl my lungs out at. Fortunately waited to make a booking. Got a partial refund on the train tickets so with that and the money intended for the game I intend to take the kids to Aintree to see their first National. Even going to resist any punt on Saint Are ....always a habit ...Saint this, Buddy that or Bud..the black&white 6 dog at the greyhounds lol. Sometimes habits need to be broken and I've seen enough for now :(

Ouch. The horse with 'Saint' in its name finished second at 25-1? I know as much about horses running around with wee men whipping them than I do about brain surgery, but can't you put some sort of bet on a horse finishing in the top four?

Win this one we can make them nervous.

Give us an outside chance of 11th...

No pressure on us as all realistic expectations were pretty much extinguished on Tuesday. We can make a right menace of ourselves though and who knows we might see some football from us. Some wins would allow us to go into next season with a better mentality. Hope GT brings in some of the guys that are likely to be here next season.

Multiple changes please. I would like to see Sonupe start and possibly a few of our youngsters.

GT mentioned that he wanted the job and had ideas. It would be in his interest to use the remaining games to show us his philosophy - a glimpse of what next season would look like under him. Certainly use the young guys that he brought in so we can judge whether he has an eye for a player and please God no 4141 at home to Ross County

GT mentioned that he wanted the job and had ideas. It would be in his interest to use the remaining games to show us his philosophy - a glimpse of what next season would look like under him. Certainly use the young guys that he brought in so we can judge whether he has an eye for a player and please God no 4141 at home to Ross County

Totally disagree, sorry!

He's had since December to put his ideas in place. He played one up in a game of chase the punt during our biggest match in over a decade. He can go now!

If we won... It would make you take a deep breath in and look at the league table.

Wouldn't it?

It wouldn't. Regardless of the result on Monday, having seen this sorry shower all season, there's no reason to have faith (which I've always has in SMFC) that they could even pick up 11 points between now and the end of the season, much less 11 more than our nearest rivals,

Face facts, at least 75% of this team don't want to be here and are simply seeing their time out before departure for pastures new. I have always had faith, but why KTF in a bunch of people who have no desire to play, fight and scrap for our club?

It wouldn't. Regardless of the result on Monday, having seen this sorry shower all season, there's no reason to have faith (which I've always has in SMFC) that they could even pick up 11 points between now and the end of the season, much less 11 more than our nearest rivals,

Face facts, at least 75% of this team don't want to be here and are simply seeing their time out before departure for pastures new. I have always had faith, but why KTF in a bunch of people who have no desire to play, fight and scrap for our club?

So, if we win Monday you won't be paying any attention to the table?

I'm now certain we will go down. I'm also sure there's a chance there to salvage some pride.

If fans want to chuck it and not go on Monday, fair enough. Hopefully the players don't surrender so easily.

Edited by TopCat

I'm now certain we will go down. I'm also sure there's a chance there to salvage some pride.

If fans want to chuck it and not go on Monday, fair enough. Hopefully the players don't surrender so easily.

Well said.

Get yourself down to St Mirren Park on Monday evening.

Show your support for this here football club.

Look out for that glimmer.

It might seem easyy to write this from the other side of the world, but from where I sit, the team needs our support now, more than ever. If I were at home, I would still be going to this game.

Come on Saints. Make me wake up to read some good news on Tuesday morning.

It might seem easyy to write this from the other side of the world, but from where I sit, the team needs our support now, more than ever. If I were at home, I would still be going to this game.

Come on Saints. Make me wake up to read some good news on Tuesday morning.

I'll be going, not with any expectations other than we will get beaten only because I have a season ticket bought and paid for. Even if we don't get beaten, I doubt I'll get too excited about it. I went to Motherwell last week purely on the basis that I felt if I had given up on the team then I couldn't criticise them for giving up, even though professional pride and their wages should be enough for them to continue battling.

I saw no fight, no desire and no ability. We can live in hope, generally it's all we have as saints fans, however my main hope is that this season hasn't scarred some of our younger players that much that years of their development isn't totally wasted.

I will be there on Monday. I am a romantic - a fan through good and bad times. That does not mean that I enjoy being short changed on effort. Players neither sign themselves nor pick themselves for the team. Al I can expect of the players is to give their all. I hope they do. All I can ask of the manager is that he sends them out with a game plan that firstly creates defensive cover, starting from the front players, a midfield which picks up second balls, pass to team mates and make some telling forward passes or crosses to forwards eager to score. Give me that and I will take the result on the chin if it goes against us.

If fans want Hopefully the players don't surrender so easily.

Strange post. You are hoping that the players don't surrender as easily as the fans?

The 5-0 capitulation was the biggest surrender I've seen from a Saints team for a long time.

Also you started the post saying that you're certain that we are down, sounds like you've surrendered?

I'm not sure who the 75% you refer to are but the only player who has any real chance of playing at this level in the current group is McGinn (maybe Tess), so with the prospect of playing at a lower level with significantly reduced wages wouldn't you give a f**k?

I don't see a lack of effort. I see players who are simply not good enough and some who are but have lost all confidence playing in a shite system that doesn't give us our best chance to succeed.