St Mirren V Ross County Premiership 13/4/15 7-45 Pm Kick Off

shull

I hate to say it but I can see another heavy defeat here to add to everyone's hurt.

We have zero confidence, seemingly lacking in any kind of decent tactics or commitment or desire, County are the form team in Scotland, if not Britain right now, County need a result while we don't.

It all points toward an embarrassing evening for us, and live on TV again.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us losing about 0-4.

The Motherwell game was a low point but to think RC will win 4-0 at NSP when a) they generally are winning by the odd goal and B) Celtic only got comfortable with a debatable penalty.

The Motherwell game was a low point but to think RC will win 4-0 at NSP when a) they generally are winning by the odd goal and B) Celtic only got comfortable with a debatable penalty.

Before the Motherwell game who'd have expected or predicted a 5-0 defeat?

Hope I'm very much wrong but I can see them tearing us a new arse.

I'm going to this game simply because 1/ not endured what most of you have had to 2/ being stuck on a ship for the past six weeks Scottish air really appeals . 3/ no work the next day so can have a few beers. 4 see what all the fuss is about but don't take that too seriously.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

I know I'm gonna get pelters for this but I would play 3-5-2 in this game.

Ridgers

Naismith Genev Goodwin

Sonupe Gow/Mallan Sadlier McGinn Wylde

Dayton

Ball

DON'T punt the ball up the middle. Use the width and encourage Ball to get into the opposition's box and see if he'll do his job given the service. Dayton looking for any crumbs.

I know I'm gonna get pelters for this but I would play 3-5-2 in this game.

Ridgers

Naismith Genev Goodwin

Sonupe Gow/Mallan Sadlier McGinn Wylde

Dayton

Ball

DON'T punt the ball up the middle. Use the width and encourage Ball to get into the opposition's box and see if he'll do his job given the service. Dayton looking for any crumbs.

You really want Goodwin to cover across for a posted missing Wylde? First booking in the first ten out wide as a winger knocks it past Goodwin, then a red on halfway before half time after a quick flick round catches Goodwin out completely.

You really want Goodwin to cover across for a posted missing Wylde? First booking in the first ten out wide as a winger knocks it past Goodwin, then a red on halfway before half time after a quick flick round catches Goodwin out completely.

My only other choice is Cheesey though.

Some say he's WORSE than a man down!!

Whilst the result at Motherwell has all but resigned us to the Championship for next season, the match against Ross County is of course still very important.

In any game that is a must win, you must also ensure you DONT LOSE either, the fundamental platform for any side like ST Mirren when in relegation trouble to work from.

So whereas the formation of 4-3-3 with the two wide players to just run at the Motherwell defence was the plan, the failing being that we just could not get the ball out to them to execute on that.

Although never an excuse, a contributing factor to the poor performance was also the pitch at Motherwell, it was just bloody awful, whereas a player can confidentally play a ball first time on our pitch at home it was evident from being there and watching on Tuesday that the players were taking too many touches to control the ball by which time the opposition were on them - that plus the pitch dropping away to one side with a small slope made for a very poor playing surface - same for both side you might argue which is correct, but the difference is Motherwell play on it reguarly.

Anyway that all aside, it is my personal opinion that we must set our stall out to not to lose on Monday evening and so we must make ourselves very difficult to break down, same as we did very well for 64 minutes against Celtic. From there we can build, gain composure, confidence and try and build attacks either down the flanks through Dayton & Sadlier or through the middle.

So in my opinion we must start with the same side that started against Celtic on the 3rd April (Tesseller hopefully being fit that is), with the exception of replacing Arquin with Thompson or Gow, Thompson would give us a target man to hold the ball up giving the defence and the midfield breathers or Gow which would give a target man with a little more in his legs around the pitch.

Mallan, McGinn & Goodwin must all repeat their v. good performances against Celtic again, in McGinn's case, he must understand that he is a ball winner so win it and release it, not try and hit 30 yrd plus balls, or run with it, just win it and release it and build the play up and get the ball out wide to the wide men and get crosses in for Steve Thompson.

So for me its a 4-1-4-1 formation again on Monday night with a far improved playing surface please.

Whilst the result at Motherwell has all but resigned us to the Championship for next season, the match against Ross County is of course still very important.

In any game that is a must win, you must also ensure you DONT LOSE either, the fundamental platform for any side like ST Mirren when in relegation trouble to work from.

So whereas the formation of 4-3-3 with the two wide players to just run at the Motherwell defence was the plan, the failing being that we just could not get the ball out to them to execute on that.

Although never an excuse, a contributing factor to the poor performance was also the pitch at Motherwell, it was just bloody awful, whereas a player can confidentally play a ball first time on our pitch at home it was evident from being there and watching on Tuesday that the players were taking too many touches to control the ball by which time the opposition were on them - that plus the pitch dropping away to one side with a small slope made for a very poor playing surface - same for both side you might argue which is correct, but the difference is Motherwell play on it reguarly.

Anyway that all aside, it is my personal opinion that we must set our stall out to not to lose on Monday evening and so we must make ourselves very difficult to break down, same as we did very well for 64 minutes against Celtic. From there we can build, gain composure, confidence and try and build attacks either down the flanks through Dayton & Sadlier or through the middle.

So in my opinion we must start with the same side that started against Celtic on the 3rd April (Tesseller hopefully being fit that is), with the exception of replacing Arquin with Thompson or Gow, Thompson would give us a target man to hold the ball up giving the defence and the midfield breathers or Gow which would give a target man with a little more in his legs around the pitch.

Mallan, McGinn & Goodwin must all repeat their v. good performances against Celtic again, in McGinn's case, he must understand that he is a ball winner so win it and release it, not try and hit 30 yrd plus balls, or run with it, just win it and release it and build the play up and get the ball out wide to the wide men and get crosses in for Steve Thompson.

So for me its a 4-1-4-1 formation again on Monday night with a far improved playing surface please.

That pitch never stopped Motherwell scoring 5 goals. No excuses, we were shocking, slow, non cohesive and clueless.

Is there a match on Monday?

That pitch never stopped Motherwell scoring 5 goals. No excuses, we were shocking, slow, non cohesive and clueless.

What a predictable response, focus on the negatives!

Read again what I have written, and as I said, "although never an excuse."

What a predictable response, focus on the negatives!

Read again what I have written, and as I said, "although never an excuse."

Mate, you were the one to focus on the negatives by implying the pitch was a factor. I am simply stating it did not inhibit Motherwell. Level playing field (no pun intended) for both teams. BTW, there is nothing positive coming from NSP these days so the only way is up. I could type screeds of text as to what happened on Tue and the season as a whole, but it has all been said already by most on here.

Mate, you were the one to focus on the negatives by implying the pitch was a factor. I am simply stating it did not inhibit Motherwell. Level playing field (no pun intended) for both teams. BTW, there is nothing positive coming from NSP these days so the only way is up. I could type screeds of text as to what happened on Tue and the season as a whole, but it has all been said already by most on here.

MATE!

My post was about how we should approach the game on Monday night, I merely touched on the state of the pitch on Tuesday and but you picked up and focused on just that and not what constitutes 90% of the rest of my post.

This is a wind up right? Must lost lose on Monday?

Why, when it doesn't matter any more. We lost or drew all but one at home all season, when we really did need to win them.

Wish the clear out had started already, BOD, management and players have no credibility left.

This is a wind up right? Must lost lose on Monday?

Why, when it doesn't matter any more. We lost or drew all but one at home all season, when we really did need to win them.

Wish the clear out had started already, BOD, management and players have no credibility left.

Here we go another one that wants to just keep wallowing in the negatives, get over it, its becoming very boring!

I will be going.

Planned to take in hospitality hoping it would be a crunch game to come up and bawl my lungs out at. Fortunately waited to make a booking. Got a partial refund on the train tickets so with that and the money intended for the game I intend to take the kids to Aintree to see their first National. Even going to resist any punt on Saint Are ....always a habit ...Saint this, Buddy that or Bud..the black&white 6 dog at the greyhounds lol. Sometimes habits need to be broken and I've seen enough for now sad.png

Edited by WirralSaint