Unconditional Love?

Ok, come on lets admit it.

Who woke up this morning, sun shining, promise of 19 C, the chance of Rankers getting pumped tonight, and thought of our players, our staff, and even our BOD and just felt sad. Not angry, sad.

Also now our fate has just about been delivered thinking, well my house is safe, my kids seem happy once out of rehab (kiddin) and I don't have the threat of the dole, or a massive wage cut.

Yesterday and Tues night I was mad, let down at the lack of passion or direction. Today I think, ok whats next.

Regardless most of us have been here before, its what happens when you follow the Buddies, you get the unknown, well apart from this season where we got what we deserved.

Maybe we will come back stronger but one thing is certain, Stranraer, Rankers, Hibs whoever I will be there and I firmly believe if we don't dwindle neither will our team. Lessons learned . You cant make a silk purse and all that,

But our team is a rollercoaster, if you want to get off fine, but over time its going to arrive again

Who woke up this morning, sun shining, promise of 19 C, the chance of Rankers getting pumped tonight, and thought of our players, our staff, and even our BOD and just felt sad. Not angry, sad.

Also now our fate has just about been delivered thinking, well my house is safe, my kids seem happy once out of rehab (kiddin) and I don't have the threat of the dole, or a massive wage cut.

Yesterday and Tues night I was mad, let down at the lack of passion or direction. Today I think, ok whats next.

Regardless most of us have been here before, its what happens when you follow the Buddies, you get the unknown, well apart from this season where we got what we deserved.

Maybe we will come back stronger but one thing is certain, Stranraer, Rankers, Hibs whoever I will be there and I firmly believe if we don't dwindle neither will our team. Lessons learned . You cant make a silk purse and all that,

But our team is a rollercoaster, if you want to get off fine, but over time its going to arrive again

My mate described following St Mirren as not a rollercoaster but an emotional bungee jump so I agree totally with your sentiments above.Both my son and daughter have the Saints crest tattoo and i take full responsibility for their love of our club just as my father did with me.Yes we are down at the moment but lets not be too despondent and good times will surely follow.(now where can i get that tattoo).We are st mirren.

Edited by northendsaint

Unless...you end up in Admin...followed by League 1...followed by part time football, dwindling crowds, John "clubtoe" Smith the apprentice joiner at left back and an even worse playing kit...

Sticking to the roller coaster analogy...every once in a while...the thing derails and kills everyone on board in a catastrophic explosive gruesome disaster...just saying...:)

Sticking to the roller coaster analogy...every once in a while...the thing derails and kills everyone on board in a catastrophic explosive gruesome disaster...just saying...smile.png

I already mentioned Rankers , difference is they spend £80m they don't have, build another "Easdale Rollercoaster" which crashes, then an Ashley one which has a 500k a ticket cost, then finally a tax dodger phoenix from the manure, this keeps one season of failure into perspective.

Unless...you end up in Admin...followed by League 1...followed by part time football, dwindling crowds, John "clubtoe" Smith the apprentice joiner at left back and an even worse playing kit...

It's a bit crap but life will still go on, the sun will still shine and we'll all find other things to do.

I've never been one for acting like Chicken Licken.

It's because we're shite that days like March 17th must be enjoyed when they come around.

Sticking to the roller coaster analogy...every once in a while...the thing derails and kills everyone on board in a catastrophic explosive gruesome disaster...just saying...smile.png

Now you're just being silly.

I must admit that Tuesday hit me harder than expected as the realisation dawned that we were down. I was then sitting watching some Spanish game on the telly on Wednesday as the ball was stroked around, by both teams, for fun in a manner which we simply don't get to see and I became even more melancholy.

I started thinking about what Saints have given me instead of Messi style football and remembered the Anglo Scottish Cup, playing Liverpool at home, pissing the 1st division under Fergie, European nights in the Northbank, coming back from 0-2 down to beat Celtic 4-2, winning the Scottish Cup, winning the league under Hendrie playing 3-4-3, Junior's goals at Stark's Park, the celebrations at Somerset, coming back up under Gus, winning our first game at Inverness, the Great Escape at Fir Park, Mark II and III at Falkirk, Andy Dorman, beating Celtic in the semi and then winning the whole damn thing in the final and I've probably missed absolutely f**king loads but by the end of it I had a smile on my face and thought "f**k it, there'll be more to come!"

Who needs Messi?

Edited by DLBud

I must admit that Tuesday hit me harder than expected as the realisation dawned that we were down. I was then sitting watching some Spanish game on the telly on Wednesday as the ball was stroked around, by both teams, for fun in a manner which we simply don't get to see and I became even more melancholy.

I started thinking about what Saints have given me instead of Messi style football and remembered the Anglo Scottish Cup, playing Liverpool at home, pissing the 1st division under Fergie, European nights in the Northbank, coming back from 0-2 down to beat Celtic 4-2, winning the Scottish Cup, winning the league under Hendrie playing 3-4-3, Junior's goals at Stark's Park, the celebrations at Somerset, coming back up under Gus, winning our first game at Inverness, the Great Escape at Fir Park, Mark II and III at Falkirk, Andy Dorman, beating Celtic in the semi and then winning the whole damn thing in the final and I've probably missed absolutely f**king loads but by the end of it I had a smile on my face and thought "f**k it, there'll be more to come!"

Who needs Messi?

Remember all that well, put a smile on ma coupon. Just another thought, we don't have many songs in our buddies songbook, we can bring back 'We're going to win the league' not saying it will be next season but we will be back....

Well, I woke up this morning to news that a relative in Sydney collapsed in the shower last night - blood clot in the brain, and passed away, so puts St Mirren being a bit shite into perspective.

However, as I always say, when we moan on here about St Mirren's fortunes, we do so knowing that kids being displaced in Syria, ebola outbreaks, cancer, wars, and indeed relations suddenly dying are far more important than men kicking a ball about.

Ŵe are not stupid, we should be allowed to moan on here without it being taken as we think its the most important thing in our lives and the world at large.

Sadly, at present, we are somewhat shite and it hurts, because our unconditional love is being eroded by an apathetic want-away board, and a bunch of non-triers masquerading in the stripes.

Well, I woke up this morning to news that a relative in Sydney collapsed in the shower last night - blood clot in the brain, and passed away, so puts St Mirren being a bit shite into perspective.

However, as I always say, when we moan on here about St Mirren's fortunes, we do so knowing that kids being displaced in Syria, ebola outbreaks, cancer, wars, and indeed relations suddenly dying are far more important than men kicking a ball about.

Ŵe are not stupid, we should be allowed to moan on here without it being taken as we think its the most important thing in our lives and the world at large.

Sadly, at present, we are somewhat shite and it hurts, because our unconditional love is being eroded by an apathetic want-away board, and a bunch of non-triers masquerading in the stripes.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Paul. Thoughts with your family.

Everything else you say is, of course, correct. We go to games and come on here to escape a lot of the other stuff we need to deal with in our lives, and for a bit of a carry on with like-minded folk (and Oaksoft and faraway occasionally).

Yep life goes on ... what marks us out as Buds is our passion for the club despite being caught in the middle of the Bigot brothers borefest

Yeah it's a kick in the haw maws but during the 2-0 defeat by Celtic, I looked over the W5 divide at their support and thought, treble or no thank f#ck I'm a Buddie !

COYS !

I will still be there next season cheering on the buddies!

It's very frustrating at times and yes, we've been mismanaged this season but we will be back and have our days of glory!!

SMTID!

I will still be there next season cheering on the buddies!

It's very frustrating at times and yes, we've been mismanaged this season but we will be back and have our days of glory!!

SMTID!

Tha's two of you then.whistling.gif