Home & Away Kits

Didn't do too badly in the late 70s & early 80's with black shorts as part of the Umbro strips and then Adidas one that followed.

Did we win the first division in the late 70's in black shorts?

I've been following us for 20 odd years and we've never won a thing in black shorts in that time!

I've been following us for 20 odd years and we've never won a thing in black shorts in that time!

If I remember correctly we used to wear both black or white, depending who the

opposition was, might be wrong though I was only 8 at the time.

We won the Anglo Scottish cup in black shorts...

The late 70s early 80s was the best time ever to be a saints fan, we mostly wore black shorts then..

I've got a real team-worn shirt (No4) of that shirt. Not sure which player would have worn it though. The days before squad numbers would have seen more than one player wear it.

Fitzy, Aber, Richardson, Stark??? All complete guesses, was only 6 or 7 at the time. Nice piece of a Saints history to have.

A cracking strip that my son was shown an embarrassing photo of this week by his granny, modelled by a Fitzy wannabe. "Dad, your shorts are tiny!" Those were the days. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1432487845.558876.jpg

That was my first strip too, got the whole kit in a neat wee Umbro box. There's probably a photo of me like that somewhere too, complete with knees like knots in string !

I believe the Fans Council have worked closely with the club on next seasons designs.

Haven't seen them but I'm hoping we go back to traditional roots with the home kit.

I was thinking the other day that I'd really like our away shirt to be purple, in keeping with the Paisley Pattern logo that the council use and of course the Braehead Clan.

It's a cracking colour for a kit and it's vastly underused in my humble opinion. Just a thought !

Sorry about the delay Div.... Purple...

post-5834-0-34258400-1432633061_thumb.jp