I don't think Gow has been good since he signed & IMO wasn't as good as people are making him out on Saturday.

I thought he had a poor first half, summed up by putting the ball miles wide when through on goal. He had a much better 2nd half (until McManus put in that shocker of a challenge) playing some nice passes out to that waster Wylde, but I still wouldn't sign him for next season.

I'd like to think we can sign better players than him.

I don't think Gow has been good since he signed & IMO wasn't as good as people are making him out on Saturday.

I thought he had a poor first half, summed up by putting the ball miles wide when through on goal. He had a much better 2nd half (until McManus put in that shocker of a challenge) playing some nice passes out to that waster Wylde, but I still wouldn't sign him for next season.

I would also like to think that we can sign better players than Gow. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be useful net season if the team is mainly youngsters.

However, we will be in the Championship and he is the calibre of player we were able to sign when we were in the Premiership so I wouldn't get too excited about the forthcoming transfer window.

Was completely against us signing Gow, and his first few appearances were proving me right. However, I have to say that he has improved as he has gained match fitness. He has ability and was very good on Saturday. I would like us to keep him. Never thought I'd ever say that.

His finish was awful, but he did very well to make the opportunity for himself. Getting better with each game. Was woeful in his early games for us.

I have waited until now to contribute as I was rather angry at this incident, rather angry indeed.

Alan Gow was the best player on the park, Yes he did miss a very good chance but the skill that he deployed in order to create that chance was wonderful. Everything we did went through Mr Gow and the Motherwell team clearly singled him out for special treatment. He was being fouled in turn by a very dirty and poor side. The referee was yet another gutless incompetent who completely failed in his duty to protect Mr Gow. McManus is a dirty thuglike swine.

I hope that we offer him a contract in the coming days. He would be a fine player with good experience to help us next season.

Agreed. I hope we offer him a contract too. He could paint out that awful grey round the stadium and fix the broken letters! I agree with Top Cat, no goals and no assists. For an attacking player it's just not good enough.

Was completely against us signing Gow, and his first few appearances were proving me right. However, I have to say that he has improved as he has gained match fitness. He has ability and was very good on Saturday. I would like us to keep him. Never thought I'd ever say that.

Its a rare thing for someone to admit they could have been wrong.

Reported.

It's a good piece. I'm glad he's pointed out Well's hypocrisy. Though, to flip that again, the Daily Ranger, and Gow for that matter, could well be playing funny buggers ahead of the playoff final against that new team.

I forget what the stories were about Saints ahead of the game that shall not be mentioned, but there was, I'm sure, some stirring of the shite in March 2009.

• 4 weeks later...