Holidays

El Gingero

Typing this post in Scottsdale, Arizona. Came here for six days after visiting Austin, Texas for four days. 104F today. Summer football? Not here!

Crazily there is. Our local side Charlotte Independence are in the middle of their league season and are playing at home Saturday. Weather forecast is for a high of 94 but will be a cooler 87 at the 7pm kick-off time.

Going to Islay in 2 weeks time for 4 days myself. Whisky touring cant wait.

September Minorca for me and the wife.

Daughter 21 in December coming home from Australia. What would you like princess - Oh some where exotic just me you and mum. GULP !

Hospitality as St.Mirren park thumbup2.gif

Going to Islay in 2 weeks time for 4 days myself. Whisky touring cant wait.

September Minorca for me and the wife.

Daughter 21 in December coming home from Australia. What would you like princess - Oh some where exotic just me you and mum. GULP !

Taking the wife and kids over to Islay at the start of the school holidays. They're used to all inclusive in Majorca, so they're in for a wee culture shock. The kids need to experience the short trousers and wellies holiday in Scotland before they too old to punch me. (Ahh, happy memories of Arran and Rothsey 30 odd years ago.)

Like my Islay malts, but don't reckon the rest of them will be into a different distillery tour every day. You could maybe give me a heeds up if one of the tours stands out. Enjoy your drams.

Taking the wife and kids over to Islay at the start of the school holidays. They're used to all inclusive in Majorca, so they're in for a wee culture shock. The kids need to experience the short trousers and wellies holiday in Scotland before they too old to punch me. (Ahh, happy memories of Arran and Rothsey 30 odd years ago.)

Like my Islay malts, but don't reckon the rest of them will be into a different distillery tour every day. You could maybe give me a heeds up if one of the tours stands out. Enjoy your drams.

Oops, Rothesay. (Was only 7 last time I was there)

Everyone to their own but Dubai just does not appeal to me.

I've been to Dubai three times. Twice I stayed with my brother and the third time it was all expenses paid, as a result of my wife's sales team winning an award.

Had a brilliant time there, on all three occasions.

However, I wouldn't go on holiday there.

Anyway, Bordeaux (The city) for a week in July and four days in Budapest in October for my 50th.

Both brand new flights from Paisley Airport this summer, courtesy of Easyjet and Wizz Air respectively.

Will do.

You think kids wont like these type of holidays but these are the holidays that stick in the head. Have been reading up on trip adviser for things to do on Islay out with the whisky tours. Quite a good few things for children so worth a read.

The say Ardbeg has the best café.

Rothesay used to go on holiday there quite a lot as a child so fond memories. Then went to work there in the early 80's and loved it. The wife is from the East Coast had never set foot on Bute.

She fell in love with the place bought a holiday flat. Then decided to sell up in Lochwinnoch and move there into the flat. Both of us have never looked back.

I've been to Dubai three times. Twice I stayed with my brother and the third time it was all expenses paid, as a result of my wife's sales team winning an award.

Had a brilliant time there, on all three occasions.

However, I wouldn't go on holiday there.

Anyway, Bordeaux (The city) for a week in July and four days in Budapest in October for my 50th.

Both brand new flights from Paisley Airport this summer, courtesy of Easyjet and Wizz Air respectively.

Give us a low down on Bordeaux a place I would like to visit one day.

Will do.

You think kids wont like these type of holidays but these are the holidays that stick in the head. Have been reading up on trip adviser for things to do on Islay out with the whisky tours. Quite a good few things for children so worth a read.

The say Ardbeg has the best café.

Rothesay used to go on holiday there quite a lot as a child so fond memories. Then went to work there in the early 80's and loved it. The wife is from the East Coast had never set foot on Bute.

She fell in love with the place bought a holiday flat. Then decided to sell up in Lochwinnoch and move there into the flat. Both of us have never looked back.

Ta for the info, will check it out. Nice part of the world where you are and great story. I've magic memories of playing footie on the beach at Ettrick Bay and watching the 82 World Cup on an old black and portable. The amusements and castle were a highlight too. Even the Saints were a great team back then. Happy days.

Chile and Argentina in late January, then on to Rio for Carneval. Cannae wait.

Spent four days in Rio last summer at the end of our World Cup tour. Absolutely loved it there, such a fascinating and beautiful city. Also felt really safe.

Oh, and the burds are bloody beautiful!

Spent four days in Rio last summer at the end of our World Cup tour. Absolutely loved it there, such a fascinating and beautiful city. Also felt really safe.

I've heard the young ladies are rather attractive. Unfortunately, I'll have the missus nipping my ear if I so much as look.

Quiet summer for me.

Just back from Palma Nova

Paris area then Nice , last week in June.

London in July.

2 weeks in Shaggaluf in August ! happy.png

All courtesy of EasyJet

Palma Nova what's it like Billy?

Was meant to go in July but it was changed to Salou again

The wummin were told there wasn't enough shops in the place

Think I told you to be carful while over in Rio however pre world cup and just after the government poured Federal Police and army in to Rio by the thousands. There were many raids in the ghettos where most of the chrime comes from. Streets were made a lot safer because of the world cup.

A month after the world cup crime resumed its normality

Violence is an everyday occurrence for law enforcement officials and the more than 11 million residents in and around the favelas, Rio’s slum areas, which are overrun by heavily armed drug gangs. More than 6,000 people are killed each year, a rate comparable to a war zone.

“The international community has raised serious concerns regarding security in Brazil both prior to and immediately following its winning bid to host the summer Olympic Games in 2016. But the International Olympic Committee (IOC) remains confident that there is ample time for Brazil to tackle its massive crime problems,” an article published by the Council of Hemispheric Affairs stated

.In the last couple of days German cyclist was stopped for his bike. He was stabbed to death and the bike taken. Another French man was stopped in broad day light in down town Rio eye witness said the man handed over his wallet then he was stabbed to death.

I spend time in Rio every 6 weeks for a few days and know it well. Know plenty friends who have been robbed at knife point. Make no mistake these figures don't lie.

Be street wise have your wits about you and never walk about alone.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

• 3 weeks later...

Heading up to Dunvegan on Skye to stay with family. My Aunt owns the Isle of Skye Fudge Company (check out her website) so my girls going to get to make fudge and chocolate. Going fishing on my Uncles boat and will be cooking all the goodies we catch fresh over a fire on the beach (weather permitting).

Drive back down to Pitlochry for a couple of nights.

Quality.

Heading up to Dunvegan on Skye to stay with family. My Aunt owns the Isle of Skye Fudge Company (check out her website) so my girls going to get to make fudge and chocolate. Going fishing on my Uncles boat and will be cooking all the goodies we catch fresh over a fire on the beach (weather permitting).

Drive back down to Pitlochry for a couple of nights.

Quality.

Had a great holiday touring the isle last year we are so lucky to be spoilt for choice. Your girls are going to love making fudge and chocolate can I join them please as I tried the stuff last year, yummy !