Sheffield Wednesday V St Mirren Friendly 1/8/15

shull

There's trolling and there's f**kin trolling.

You ought to try and retain some shred of credibility, LP!

Wylde seldom produced an end product, but he did retain possession, suck players in and create time and space for others. Yesterday we had no one other than Goodwin capable of doing that, where last season we had several players who could, admittedly inconsistently but they had at least that capability.

Wylde seldom produced an end product, but he did retain possession, suck players in and create time and space for others. Yesterday we had no one other than Goodwin capable of doing that, where last season we had several players who could, admittedly inconsistently but they had at least that capability.

He did none of that, he's shite and I'm sure the ball boys are glad he's f**ked off.

The point remains we played higher standard of opposition a few weeks ago, but now for some reason you and a few others feel we shouldnt expect to be competitive in this league before a ball is kicked!

No, I did not say that we should not be competitive, the least I would expect from us is that we compete in every game. However, you can be as competitive as much as you want, it is the quality of players/other teams that generally decide who goes up and who stay down. I will wait until our squad is complete and the first quarter to guage the quality of our team and the opposition.

Yesterday's game, as all pre-season games are, was a chance for the new manager to find out the strengths and weaknesses of his team, his preferred formation and of the players themselves. He would certainly have found out several of the weaknesses - mainly that we still have a problem at left back! The problem there wasn't just a lack of ability against a very tricky winger, but the inability to learn from the number of times we were caught out by him!

All said and done, it was an enjoyable day. A good drive down, the best bacon roll I've had in ages at Scotch Corner services, friendly locals and stewards (several of whom sought us out to thank us for coming down and to ask about our team and football in Scotland in general), a great, traditional stadium and for the most part a good natured bunch of Buddies in the stand (if only we could stop the in-fighting in the crowd for trivial reasons - a bit like the posts above and all over this forum! - and stop the not so casual racism against opposition black players!).

Only one thing left to say and which sums up the last 20 minutes of the game for me.....

"We've got.......................... Lewis, Lewis, Lewis Morgan on the wing, on the wing.!

Yesterday's game, as all pre-season games are, was a chance for the new manager to find out the strengths and weaknesses of his team, his preferred formation and of the players themselves. He would certainly have found out several of the weaknesses - mainly that we still have a problem at left back! The problem there wasn't just a lack of ability against a very tricky winger, but the inability to learn from the number of times we were caught out by him!

All said and done, it was an enjoyable day. A good drive down, the best bacon roll I've had in ages at Scotch Corner services, friendly locals and stewards (several of whom sought us out to thank us for coming down and to ask about our team and football in Scotland in general), a great, traditional stadium and for the most part a good natured bunch of Buddies in the stand (if only we could stop the in-fighting in the crowd for trivial reasons - a bit like the posts above and all over this forum! - and stop the not so casual racism against opposition black players!).

Only one thing left to say and which sums up the last 20 minutes of the game for me.....

"We've got.......................... Lewis, Lewis, Lewis Morgan on the wing, on the wing.!

This'll be interesting...........................

Claim and counter claim to follow.....................

Racism, in whatever form, is not acceptable. Its sickening to think there are still mouth breathers in our support who will indulge in such a thing.

A few folk described the performance yesterday as embarrassing. I can only assume they didn't notice the (alleged) racism. Now that is embarrassing, if true.

Tommy Craig out of his face on the jaybees bus today gives his view of the game.............

tommy_craig.jpg

Does anyone know if Tommy is still on the payroll or not?

Also, going by the expression on his face, is he getting the "Arbroath Harbour Experience"?

You seriously need to get a grip. What utter pish. Can you imagine how much of a laughing stock we would become if we sacked our new manager before the season kicks off? Not to forget having to pay off his contract making it impossible to bring other players in as the budget would be gone

To accuse our manager of being clueless before he has completed the squad and had time to manage the team competively smacks of someone who should go and support the bigot brothers. There is a rocky ride ahead and it's going to take time and patience to get our team good enough to compete in this league never mind the SPL. If you cannot handle it then sobeit. Just who would you bring into replace IM, moreso who the feck would want to come to a club that sacks its manager after months and before a ball is kicked in earnest?

Either you are on the wind up, another alias or delusional.

Take the hook out of your mouth, Ned.

Honestly, there are too many people on here who take everything at "face value" and Lovestreet is a Master of the "Wind Up".

Look lets get one thing clear..."friendlies" ..are boring shit and mean nothing...they always have done

i hated playing in them and hate to this day

Aug 7th we will win

BELIEVE !!!!

I agree with that. I didn't play football but another sport and to a decent standard as well. I once had to prove my worth to get in a team and played in two friendlies in one day and four within five days. It was only when I got in and started playing in competitive matches that I really started to enjoy it again.

Didn`t hear a thing remotely racist.

Was directly in front of the minor altercation between Saints fans. Nothing more than raised voices & heated exchange of views quickly de-fused by those sitting alongside.

I concur with Callum - I was possibly 15 feet away from minor altercation - probably drink based - I heard nothing racist and believe you me if I did I would have happily named and shamed that element of our support - Callum is correct - few raised voices - over In seconds - anyone who thinks it was anything more clearly has a different agenda

I was at the game didn't hear a thing , don't think it happened

I was 4 seats away from guy who shouted, late in the second half, "someone kill that d****ie!". He will know who he is as he was told it was unacceptable by the guy in front and he then shouted "someone kill that coloured chap! Is that better?" with a huge toothy grin on his face. It took several pleas by my son who was with me to stop me both saying something to him and reporting him to the stewards.As he was right in middle of a large group of supporters, many others will have heard his outburst.

I also really resent the inference that I am a liar!

Unfortunately, all countries still have elements of society who indulge in this nonsense. I have to say, in my personal opinion you understand, that there is no such thing as "casual racism", only racism. Saying "casual racism" is a way of admitting people you are related to, friends with, work with, are acquaintances of indulge in racism and because you are in their midst it gets labelled as "casual racism" as in "Johnny's not really racist, he just likes a bit of banter now and then aimed at his African descended neighbours" which it total bollocks.

I did overhear the odd "racist" remark when we played Berwick Rangers at St. Mirren Park a couple of weeks ago. David Banjo and the number eleven got the odd remark and it saddens me that in 2015 we still have clowns who think this behaviour is acceptable.

I did overhear the odd "racist" remark when we played Berwick Rangers at St. Mirren Park a couple of weeks ago. David Banjo and the number eleven got the odd remark and it saddens me that in 2015 we still have clowns who think this behaviour is acceptable.

The misogynistic abuse of the female official was horrific as well. Makes me cringe that people think it's alright to say these sort of things these days.

I concur with Callum - I was possibly 15 feet away from minor altercation - probably drink based - I heard nothing racist and believe you me if I did I would have happily named and shamed that element of our support - Callum is correct - few raised voices - over In seconds - anyone who thinks it was anything more clearly has a different agenda

Agreed that this was a minor altercation, dealt with quickly and efficiently by the guys mates - I said nothing to suggest it was more than that.

The other incident was not at the same time as this and was not the same group but within 10 seats of it. I have no "agenda" other than to ensure that racism in all it's guises has no place within SMFC and its supporters. Had the guy in front not challenged his behaviour and if there had been another similar shout other than the short follow up one to try to save his face, I would have done something about it. The guy in question is a well known face and one that I see regularly at games, home and away.

The misogynistic abuse of the female official was horrific as well. Makes me cringe that people think it's alright to say these sort of things these days.

Indeed. I heard a couple of shouts about "Should you not be getting the tea on love" and "maybe if you hadn't been thinking about what you're cooking for dinner tonight, you'd have noticed that was offside". Incidentally, when the later remark was made, the Bradford City player was onside...