Andy Webster

billymehmet1

He's clearly not giving an answer as he still wants us a a safety net option. That's all well and good but he's told the club there would be an answer today and we have no answer. Time to stick to our guns and inform him we will be pursuing alternative targets.

I hope we tell him to stay away from our training facilities.

It tells a lot about Webster as an individual. We've obviously been keen to sign him, he's known the terms but has been happy to string us along while training and using our facilities.

I know it's a short career etc, but he's not demonstrated much respect to the management or the club with the way he's behaved.

He has previous for this type of behaviour so we shouldn't really be surprised. Can't think of any realistic alternatives with his experience we can now switch our attentions to.

Webster's failure to sign leaves us in a bit of mess, unless Ian Murray has another creative midfielder and a mature defender lined up?

One things for certain though, that being no matter how much benefit Webster would have been he appears to be a very ignorant person and that's me putting it lightly.

Edited by stripey

Disappointing. But when it dragged on this week you knew it wasn't going well. Still hope but it was clear he was putting his name out there with the hope a premiership team would put in a better offer. It seems Partick have if the rumours are right and well bottom 6 compared to Championship playoffs at best....

I guess it is better to be stung by the chancers using the club than miss a good player.

Hopefully Murray has a few people lined up as well.

And people who clearly hate our beautiful club, those who support it and everything associated with it and continually post poison on internet fans forums are really the real bastarding bastards.

Bastarding bastards indeed.

Remind me who campaigned for Danny Lennon (aka Wee Clueless) to get the sack for more than a year before his contract expired?

Once we miss out on our end of August signings I look forward to us hunting around for out of contract players in September and October and the prospect of identifying the missing pieces of the jigsaw in December in advance of the January window opening, whereupon I shall be unable to contain my enthusiasm for our final signing spree of February punts to save our season.