Mixu Paatalainen

Lord Pityme

Has the team improved any under Murray? Still thought we were bullied off the ball and again sat far too deep inviting pressure.

Kelly's distribution and marking was poor, playing one up front your going out not to lose the game, most of the time when the midfield received the ball they had no one to pass forward too, hence back or to the side.

Has the team improved any under Murray? Still thought we were bullied off the ball and again sat far too deep inviting pressure.

Kelly's distribution and marking was poor, playing one up front your going out not to lose the game, most of the time when the midfield received the ball they had no one to pass forward too, hence back or to the side.

Under Murray we are quite literally not moving forward.... Goals win games!

ICT were relegated under Butcher before he took them up and established them as a top six team.

Ross County would have been well forgiven had they sacked McIntyre last season, as even after making his own signings they lost week after week.... till it clicked into place.

I genuinely am bemused by people who expect immediate results... or even immediate improvements.

Management is most definitely a medium to long term thing.

Sure... immediate improvements can be made and areas for improvement identified...

But surely it would aid that process is everyone were to get behind tbe manager and support him... even if it is only to support his right to make mistakes to learn from?

Edited by BuddieinEK

ICT were relegated under Butcher before he took them up and established them as a top six team.

Ross County would have been well forgiven had they sacked McIntyre last season, as even after making his own signings they lost week after week.... till it clicked into place.

I genuinely am bemused by people who expect immediate results... ir even immediate improvements.

Sure... immediate improvements can be made and areas for improvement identified...

But surely it would aid that process is everyone were to get behind tbe manager and support him... even if it is only to support his right to make mistakes to learn from?

That kind of common sense thinking isn't welcome on this forum, and you're certainly not allowed to look at the big picture...shame on you...

I genuinely am bemused by people who expect immediate results... ir even immediate improvements.

But how many mistakes are palatable?

He dropped Goodwin - mistake

He said Langfield would only be coach/back up - mistake

He took Conlan on after several iffy trials - mistake

He signed Gow - mistake

I could go on, and he's only had five competitive games so far but by god os he exercising that right to f**k up,,!

But how many mistakes are palatable?

He dropped Goodwin - mistake

He said Langfield would only be coach/back up - mistake

He took Conlan on after several iffy trials - mistake

He signed Gow - mistake

I could go on, and he's only had five competitive games so far but by god os he exercising that right to f**k up,,!

In your opinion he made mistakes. Langfield was immense last night so using him probably won us a point. Conlon is good enough to be a player in a bigger club than us so is it possible he is taking time to settle or more suited in a different position? His decision to not play Goodwin is unknown and in your opinion Gow (coming back from a major injury) is a mistake. You may be right but ffs 3 league games and you are lambasting the manager? No matter who got the job a major rebuilding job with less resources was required. Any manager would need time and certainly more than 5 competitive games and before the transfer window closes. There is no guarantee any appointment would have fared better and saying anything else is conjecture/speculative.

We need to give the manager and players time and I for one will do that if it means we remain within budget and can see progress.

In your opinion he made mistakes. Langfield was immense last night so using him probably won us a point. Conlon is good enough to be a player in a bigger club than us so is it possible he is taking time to settle or more suited in a different position? His decision to not play Goodwin is unknown and in your opinion Gow (coming back from a major injury) is a mistake. You may be right but ffs 3 league games and you are lambasting the manager? No matter who got the job a major rebuilding job with less resources was required. Any manager would need time and certainly more than 5 competitive games and before the transfer window closes. There is no guarantee any appointment would have fared better and saying anything else is conjecture/speculative.

We need to give the manager and players time and I for one will do that if it means we remain within budget and can see progress.

Why are we worse than Dumbarton though..? Wasnt Murray hired because i quote "he knew this league"..?

Aye and he is using that knowledge to bring us down to his Dumbarton sides level...

Edited by Lord Pityme

Why are we worse than Dumbarton though..? Wasnt Murray hired because i quote "he knew this league"..?

Aye and he is using that knowledge to bring us down to his Dumbarton sides level...

Kilmarnock drew with Celtic so are they equal? Dumbarton are not, at this early stage, better than us. They have more points after 3 games but the season will determine if they are better. Hearts have more points than Celtic after 5 games, does that make them better than them? I would wager Celtic will win the league and Aberdeen finish second. Early season performance rarely lasts out with a couple of top teams. Form is temporary and Dumbarton have performed well until losing 2 games.