Rangers To Be Given South Stand

You would be if the fan's were running the club and why are you so concerned about the bigoted opposition fans.

If certain of defeat save, save yourself £20. ( do you attend games)

Several things. If you have followed any recent posts you will know I have already stated I wont pay £20 to watch this standard of football. So,apart from last Saturday, Ive not been to a home league game this season.

I also think its very rude of you to condemn opposition fans as "bigoted". They are football fans and follow their teams and should not be overcharged for the privilege.

Finally, if you have seen the other Saints v Rangers games this season , you will know why I anticipate yet another defeat. They are streets ahead of us.

Tony is working on 3500 fans coming in to south, North and west stands that's where he is getting £70 grand from. I also think you will have more on the day going into the main stand wearing none colours maybe taking it up to 4 to 5 thousand away fans.

It's still only an extra 30 odd grand which might be eaten up by the ST's that aren't renewed. That and you really shouldn't put a price on loyalty, As I said previously, the ST south stand seat holders should be up in arms and the rest of us should back them to the hilt. If, as Fittzy says, the newco haven't requested the allocation, there might still be time to get this overturned and for common sense to prevail.

It's still only an extra 30 odd grand which might be eaten up by the ST's that aren't renewed. That and you really shouldn't put a price on loyalty, As I said previously, the ST south stand seat holders should be up in arms and the rest of us should back them to the hilt. If, as Fittzy says, the newco haven't requested the allocation, there might still be time to get this overturned and for common sense to prevail.

You honestly think that £30,000 will be "eaten up" with people not renewing season tickets?

MY view is "not a fecking chance".

You honestly think that £30,000 will be "eaten up" with people not renewing season tickets?

Are the 200 who paid up in good faith all likely to take it up the erse from the club then waste good money to allocate a seat for themselves which isn't necessarily allocated? If half of them, and some from the other stands who were already swithering, and I count myself in the latter, and, hey presto, a vanishing act.

Are the 200 who paid up in good faith all likely to take it up the erse from the club then waste good money to allocate a seat for themselves which isn't necessarily allocated? If half of them, and some from the other stands who were already swithering, and I count myself in the latter, and, hey presto, a vanishing act.

Care to place a wager?

We get various subjects that pop up through the seasons when all the "that's it, I'm no buying a season ticket" brigade shout loudly but very few do it as St Mirren means more than any sort of nonsense, including this latest opportunity for people to create a drama.

Just my opinion, backed up by season ticket sales over the last few years.

I agree in year 1, however this debacle for some will be the thing to tip people over the edge and not renew next year (probably only a handful), and once people have not renewed will they choose to attend every week going forward with having to buy tickets all the time? I suspect that of those we lose to this issue we will not see them back in the same regular pattern again and that is worrying for the future, particularly when we need to encourage families to attend.

I nearly avoided renewing last season due to our board's inability to do some of the basics right around recruitment and fan engagement. This issue highlights the crass decision making of our board, but in itself won't be enough to make me give up my ticket, however there does need to be a marked improvement this close season off the park before I will renew. I will always be a fan and supporter, but may no longer be the cash cow that they need every pre-season.

Several things. If you have followed any recent posts you will know I have already stated I wont pay £20 to watch this standard of football. So,apart from last Saturday, Ive not been to a home league game this season.

I also think its very rude of you to condemn opposition fans as "bigoted". They are football fans and follow their teams and should not be overcharged for the privilege.

Finally, if you have seen the other Saints v Rangers games this season , you will know why I anticipate yet another defeat. They are streets ahead of us.

I only being rude about one lot of opposition fans and it's nothing like as rude as they could be. That's me being kind.

So get off your high horse.

How much does it cost our fans to visit their midden.

I agree in year 1, however this debacle for some will be the thing to tip people over the edge and not renew next year (probably only a handful), and once people have not renewed will they choose to attend every week going forward with having to buy tickets all the time? I suspect that of those we lose to this issue we will not see them back in the same regular pattern again and that is worrying for the future, particularly when we need to encourage families to attend.

I nearly avoided renewing last season due to our board's inability to do some of the basics right around recruitment and fan engagement. This issue highlights the crass decision making of our board, but in itself won't be enough to make me give up my ticket, however there does need to be a marked improvement this close season off the park before I will renew. I will always be a fan and supporter, but may no longer be the cash cow that they need every pre-season.

Indeed.

There are many more important reasons that people would decide not to purchase a season ticket and stop attending all together.

Certainly not over 100 for THIS threads subject.

Edited by faraway saint

I like you haven't been to one.

Haven't for a long time.

If I want to see how animals behave, I'll go to the Zoo

If I had a season ticket in the Family Stand and took my young kids to games I probably would not want to take them to other parts of the stadium that has not got a No Swearing policy. Nor would I want squeezed into the West Bank possibly in W4 next to the opposition fans who are 'up to their knees...' (so much for segregation being an argument). And I assume the Panda Club will be scattered about with consequently few attending.

If I was a kid I would be seriously pissed off with St Mirren for this. The kids are the lifeblood of the Club and many will be sorely disappointed with this decision.

I won't be attending anyway as the game will mean nothing to us and I cannot stomach even more of them singing their songs of hate and their preferential treatment by the stewards and Police.

Edited by Sonny

If I had a season ticket in the Family Stand and took my young kids to games I probably would not want to take them to other parts of the stadium that has not got a No Swearing policy. Nor would I want squeezed into the West Bank possibly in W4 next to the opposition fans who are 'up to their knees...' (so much for segregation being an argument). And I assume the Panda Club will be scattered about with consequently few attending.

If I was a kid would be seriously pissed off with St Mirren for this. The kids are the lifeblood of the Club and many will be sorely disappointed with this decision.

I won't be attending anyway as the game will mean nothing to us and I cannot stomach even more of them singing their songs of hate and their preferential treatment by the stewards and Police.

If I had a season ticket, I wouldn't take my kids to a R**gers game even if they only occupied the North Stand.

You don't have to be sitting beside them to hear them.

Not a game I would personally recommend taking young kids.

As a result of feedback received from our supporters affected by the change in seating at the forthcoming Rangers match, the club has engaged with The St Mirren Fans Council and have taken on board the thoughts and feelings of our supporters.

As a result the affected Season Ticket holders are being offered a £10 reduction on next season’s Season Ticket and will be invited to a special screening of the League Cup winning video at a future date to be confirmed.

The venue will be the new SMFC 1877 supporters club which will open shortly. Players from the cup winning team will be in attendance.

The club wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The Board will always act in the best interests of St Mirren FC and their supporters and hope this gesture demonstrates our commitment to the financial needs of the club and the feelings of our loyal supporters.

We will be contacting the affected supporters directly.

Tony Fitzpatrick

Chief Executive St Mirren FC

Colin Haggerty

Chairman

St Mirren Fans Council

A small but important gesture and the sort of message that, had it been included in the original statement, would have gone a long way towards reducing the heat.

I don't think anyone wants Rangers to get the South Stand but if the economic argument is that it will make a material difference next season and the displaced season ticket holders are at least being taken care of properly first and foremost, then I guess that makes it slightly easier to swallow.

Still not a great epsiode but at least they have listened.

A small but important gesture and the sort of message that, had it been included in the original statement, would have gone a long way towards reducing the heat.

I don't think anyone wants Rangers to get the South Stand but if the economic argument is that it will make a material difference next season and the displaced season ticket holders are at least being taken care of properly first and foremost, then I guess that makes it slightly easier to swallow.

It will not be enough to the drama queens, although it will slow down the post building going on this thread.

I await them picking holes in this gesture as I type. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

The frustrating thing is Div, with a new CEO surely keen to get Saints fans onside, and strong fan representation in place in SMiSA and the Fan Council, allied to the flak taken by the Sellik Shop debacle, why in the name of the wee man couldn't this BoD have done this right from the off. What on earth goes on between their ears when they sit in the boardroom and discuss stuff like this? Surely someone, anyone, can slowly raise a finger, cough, and say 'erm, guys, we're going to get pelters for this. Remember when the first folk knew about the Sellik Shop was when a fan posted a photo online? This time, why don't we speak with the Fan Council or SMiSA, just to get their take on it. Also, why don't we make sure we do a wee something for the season ticket holders and kids being papped for the ugly basturts 35k?'

Why, why, why.... It isn't hard. It isn't difficult. It's common sense and a bit of sensitivity / decency.

By and large, Rangers fans are not just bigots, they are animals.

They are scum.

Scottish football shouldn't have allowed this new club into the league, never mind us giving them the South Stand.

Someone has got to stand up for what is right.

St. Mirren should come out and say that they will no longer sell tickets to the Old Firm and wont accept tickets for Ibrox and Parkhead.

Decent folk shouldn't need to mix with animals like that.

By and large, Rangers fans are not just bigots, they are animals.

They are scum.

Scottish football shouldn't have allowed this new club into the league, never mind us giving them the South Stand.

Someone has got to stand up for what is right.

St. Mirren should come out and say that they will no longer sell tickets to the Old Firm and wont accept tickets for Ibrox and Parkhead.

Decent folk shouldn't need to mix with animals like that.

Stop going to Ibrox then.

I havent posted on this topic yet but the gesture of £10 off a season ticket and them playing a DVD of the cup final again is pretty pish and a bit late. Why not give all the affected families free season tickets for their children for next season?

The feel good factor at home games has been slowly getting better with improved results and the success of the bring a buddie to the game scheme but the club have done a remarkable job of erasing this with this decision.

I certainly wont be attending this bigotfest.

Just my opinion.

I havent posted on this topic yet but the gesture of £10 off a season ticket and them playing a DVD of the cup final again is pretty pish and a bit late. Why not give all the affected families free season tickets for their children for next season?

The feel good factor at home games has been slowly getting better with improved results and the success of the bring a buddie to the game scheme but the club have done a remarkable job of erasing this with this decision.

Just my opinion.

The kids season tickets already are free.

Just my opinion.

The kids season tickets already are free.

Beat me to it. Seems decent value for £280 including a child.