New Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. ?

shull

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Whoever it is, we didnae' elect the cnut.

The proletariat never gets to elect the cnuts. If they wanted they could change their leaders as often as we change our knickers. Once a week in many cases.

I'd be surprised if it is Boris Johnson - like Heseltine in 1990 he'll have made too many enemies.

Theresa May seems most likely option to me.

Theresa May campaigned to remain. I can't see how we can have a PM who believed in the EU lead us out of it.

It's Bojo or Gove.

26 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Theresa May campaigned to remain. I can't see how we can have a PM who believed in the EU lead us out of it.

It's Bojo or Gove.

1. Not very hard. :P

2. Why not - it's not as if there was a massive majority.

3. I'd rather have the best person for the job to do it........................

.....................oor ain Nicola!

Edited by Bud the Baker

I suggested on the EU referendum thread that our resident political visionary StuDick should hang up his boiler suit and press his pinstripe, as he purports to be the ultimate font of knowledge on ALL things up for discussion, but he failed to reply (good start for a budding politician), so I can only presume he hasn't put his Hat in his ring yet! 

Bloody predictive text! 

Edited by sally02

I think the reason that Gove is running is as a favour to Cameron who he classes as a friend. He has stuck it up Boris as a wee bit of vengeance for Cameron and not because he wants the job. His statement this morning about Boris's lack of leadership qualities speaks volumes to the Tory elite - don't lumber us with a Corbyn clone.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Gove totally shafts BoJo and will run himself. It's going to be May now which will infuriate the Brexiteers . Popcorn at the ready as the Tories start to rip themselves apart.

Gove would be fun.

working class oik-Jock not fit to be a Bullingdon boy...

...with Lady Macbeth journo-wife urging him on.

Gove, like Boris - another journalist - not as bright as he imagines himself.

but a jock PM?  That would please the SNP separatists, at least.

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

BoJo's career looks to be in tatters inside a week and the Daily Mail readers are exploding with rage. All this within an hour or two if ordering in the popcorn. Fantastic stuff.

It explains why he looked like shit after the referendum.

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He has also very quickly realised that delivering an "exit" on the terms the people who voted for it expect is nigh on impossible.

Not only that, he has realised he made a lot of promises that he would have NO chance in keeping.

Michael Gove?

"I could not be Prime Minister. I'm not equipped to be prime minister. I do not want to be prime minister".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9598944/Michael-Gove-doesnt-have-the-makings-of-a-prime-minister-but-who-has-.html

Add in Wee Ruthie getting her arse handed to her on a plate by our first minister, and it's not been a good day for the Tories.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

Biggest worry for me is that the new Tory PM renegotiates with the EU and the UK remains. The next GE would see UKIP running amok, "Vote for us and we'll deliver the exit." Farage as PM....that's an even scarier thought than BoJos as PM.