Rae begone

You misunderstand me Sonny I mean his player budget was being cut not his wages.

I do get it Lethal :) . I just meant that people do things on principle - player budget cut or salary cut - then months later realise they are still out of a job and in football the longer you are out the more difficult it is to get back in (Alex Rae being the exception). I reckon Yogi would love to get back into football and in the past he has said he had a soft spot for us.

14 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Jamie Fullarton was a guest on off the Baw before game and said he was on gardening leave until end of this season after getting sacked by notts county last season.so you can't touch another job if on gardening leave..so that's quite strange him taking notes when out the game so to speak

Not necessarily , I assume these guys are always 'working' cos let's face it, management isn't exactly a secure business. 

If he took another job then any payments would stop I think ?

was his name not mentioned before Rae got appointed? 

The thing is Yogi did a great job at ICT.I understand one of the reasons he left Inverness was to spend more time with his family in Edinburgh.He has always rated us a good club in his many interviews.Moreover when Danny left it was fairly common knowledge amongst the media that he was interested in the vacancy although in employment at that time.In believe
he would be an outstanding appointment for us should the managerial position become vacant.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:07 AM, Lethal89 said:

Fair enough, I understand your point now. I would nt have been happy with him as an appointment but after a quick Google search his stats make interesting reading. I know Wikipedia is not the most reliable but pretty impressive none the less.
IMG_1471928871.428091.jpg

Stats work.....:rolleyes:

Stats.jpg

Kenny McDowell hasn't been seen for a while, still on gardening leave? He has a good record with bringing younger players through. Dream team of him and Hughes?

In saying that, if Rae's team put on a swashbuckling performance on sat and sweep Ayr aside, I'll be more than happy. Is that gonna' happen, mibees miby n mibees naw.

I get the feeling that some on this thread have more passion for hating Rangers than supporting their own team. I might not be happy with Rae in regards to how woeful our team are at present but i always find it embarrassing at how many have more passion for hating the old firm than cheering on their own team.

I don't care so much that Rae was covering a sevco match. More that it is the evening before a crucial match for his own team. The fewer distractions the better given how shambolic we have been so far this season.

A wee bit of moonlighting is fine if things are ticking along nicely with your main job.  I imagine he has some form of commitment to do this. If not, he isn't demonstrating the best judgement, IMO.

Edited by Drew

With all his media work and Sevco luvin He might just have got the meaning of using a club as a "stepping stone" back to front.

Alex you are meant to make said "stepping stone" club successful first.... Then you can slabber after a sevco gig, not the other way round!

get on with the job you are paid for, and get aff covering sevco, because if the team are not lifted and turned round you will have a lot more time on your hands to talk about the new club.

I get the feeling some of our support would be happier if we had Neil Lennon as our manager........................

Some of the shite posted on this thread really is pathetic and getting further away from the managers performance towards something more personal. :thumbsdown

What is Alex Rae doing focusing on commentating on a Rangers game the night before a St Mirren game. I appreciate we don't pay well but I don't think it is good at all that ahead of a crucial match Alex Rae would most likely spending yesterday working / concentrating on his tv appearance.

I was looking forward to going to today's game fee weeks ago but decided to spend time my young family instead. He has killed my interest in saints after a handful of games and that disappoints me. This is the Alex Rae effect of one poor performance after another. I just don't think he is up to the job.

And I am not some kind of Celtic sympathiser and Rangers hater if that is what you are digging at.