New Manager

Meiksyboy

18 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

New Approach please.

Our recent sack and re pack has yielded hee haw. Time to completely re assess the club and its direction.

I would hope Scott etal are on this road, cos look at us, we are not even funny anymore, it's mortal.

Aye, there has to be a strategic rethink at the club. Someone has to undertake a comprehensive review of how the club is functioning, including on field affairs.

As you've suggested elsewhere, re-structuring can serve to shake off some entrenched ways of operating. A review of training arrangements, use of sports psychology, and other approaches needs to take place.

British Cycling completely reinvented itself, and that didn't go too badly. The will has to be there, and hopefully the new BoD will have the energy and commitment to look at these things. 'Sacking' manager after manager cannot be the established way of things at the club.

The previous board brought Rae in and he did what asked of him. They then funded to allow him to bring in HIS players. Given the players he brought in were previous  SPL talent the board clearly didn't  compress the purse strings. This is down to Rae. his tactics and/or his signings.... SIMPLE

Sadly, but truthfully, Scottish football nowadays and St Mirren especially have meant that on match days, hell, I'd most certainly rather be golfing :mellow:

Im not enthusiastic on wasting my energy investing anymore precious family personal time attending and propping up a team and club institution that imho requires to make itself worthy and deserving of the potentially great support that it repeatedly fails to appeal to. All the more galling that the club forms but a miniscual bit part of a bigger football association that is rank amateur. 

Sorry state of affairs but hey hoh. 

5 hours ago, Meiksyboy said:

Yogi Hughes now!

Given that Hughes left Caley because they wouldn't give him the budget he thought he deserved and he's recently been quoted as saying:

Hughes is keen for his return to the game to be down south, and says he is ready to get back into management. "I've recharged my batteries, taken time out, analysed it," he said. "I'd like an opportunity down in England again, hopefully in the Championship.

then I doubt his agent would return the phone call!

Why don't we appoint a manager every week Ffs.

Mate, I understand your point and even agree with it, in principle, but yesterday was the nadir of the last few seasons for me. This isn't a rollercoaster anymore, it's a runaway train and we're only going in one direction based on what I've been watching.

I've watched, as I'm sure many of us have, worse Saints teams than this scraping around the bottom end of the 1st Division (Championship) but this feels different because we had an opportunity to get it right this year and build on an encouraging end to the last campaign. The manager has built a criminally imbalanced squad with four out and out centre backs and a similar number of centre forwards whilst ignoring the middle of the park.

We just don't have the personnel to play 4-4-2 and yet he persists lining up that way until the game is beyond us then he throws on every attacking player at his disposal which invariably changes nothing.

Something has to change. Does Rae have the capacity for that?

a big decision to be made by the new Board. Stick or change or wait?

cheap option stick until end of Rae's contract with the risk of going part time.

wait until Dec and see if we can repeat last seasons escape

change and hope for better.

the old board must be thinking thank god it ain't us.

since the fans took over its all went south..

51 minutes ago, notabuddie said:

a big decision to be made by the new Board. Stick or change or wait?

cheap option stick until end of Rae's contract with the risk of going part time.

wait until Dec and see if we can repeat last seasons escape

change and hope for better.

the old board must be thinking thank god it ain't us.

since the fans took over its all went south..

The fans have had no input that would affect the playing squad. In fact people were complaining that they haven't done anything since getting the reins.

at the time of the take over plenty of people asked what is the plan. The optimism with the take over has been nullified. It appears there was no plan after getting control and just doing the same old. If things do not start improving we could be in a third tier and part time.

the boards decision on how to handle this could make or break one of the oldest clubs in Scotland

another bad decision Gilmour and co did before leaving giving Rae the managers job,but why be surprised as they interviewed Ian Murray and ray McKinnon,Murray can't even speak right and McKinnon talks very good and sensible,and surprise surprise we give job to Murray,then appoint another rookie in Rae,and a very bigoted guy at that,who a do believe had a face like a well smacked arse yesterday before game because his beloved Gers got spanked,quite frankly this guy more interested in Gers,then tv and radio,listen to him on Clyde,he never mentions buds,Gerry the presenter has to force it out him,to busy ranting on about Gers,get gus back to steady ship or make phone call to alloa about jack ross,RAE MUST GO

7 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

another bad decision Gilmour and co did before leaving giving Rae the managers job,but why be surprised as they interviewed Ian Murray and ray McKinnon,Murray can't even speak right and McKinnon talks very good and sensible,and surprise surprise we give job to Murray,then appoint another rookie in Rae,and a very bigoted guy at that,who a do believe had a face like a well smacked arse yesterday before game because his beloved Gers got spanked,quite frankly this guy more interested in Gers,then tv and radio,listen to him on Clyde,he never mentions buds,Gerry the presenter has to force it out him,to busy ranting on about Gers,get gus back to steady ship or make phone call to alloa about jack ross,RAE MUST GO

"Can't even speak right" and you post a clusterf**k with so many errors I don't have time to point them all out.

Irony indeed ya walloper.:withstupid