St Mirren v Morton 31st December 2016

Mr Zo

this is a big day for us. I'm away out to work on the tractor then a bit of running and will follow on the tractor radio...but nothing while running. I hope to come back to read of us winning comfortably and Dumbarton and Ayr United getting gubbed.

We need to make up points on the teams above almost every week.

We need to stop trying to play football and hit their box as much as possible with direct balls. Force more mistakes

Spot on. Sutton is causing them no end of problems, we need to involve him more and get that second goal because I can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Spot on. Sutton is causing them no end of problems, we need to involve him more and get that second goal because I can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

We were trying to do that early on and missing him every time. As long as the midfield stop being lackadaisical and sloppy with occasional passes there is nothing wrong with playing football. Our best chances have come from that with 3 fantastic balls in from Naismith and the cross from Morgan leading to the corner...

If the back 4 can hit Sutton in the second half then I agree with safety first...when needed.

You can see why Morton are where they are in the league. Physical and niggly. We need another goal for some daylight.

Thankfully Willie Collum isn't the ref today with the rain.

HT 1-0

Been an even game really hampered by terrible conditions.

The difference was a quite strange goal. We had a corner and McKenzie strolled into the box unmarked and stood on the penalty spot. Mallan spotted him and pinged it on his head and he headed it in with no Morton player near him. Happy new year.

Morton should have equalised just on half time there. Hit the bar with a header and I have no idea how the rebound never went in.

We need that second goal.

50/50 game.

Plenty happening, and the conditions mean it is very open. I can't see it finishing with the scoreline as it is.

We do need to close them down quicker in central and wide areas. Giving them too much time on the ball.

Decent enough game given the weather.

f**king Dumbarton, though....