St Mirren v Morton 31st December 2016

Mr Zo

Hopefully we can get a good crowd tomorrow & get right behind the team!!

3-1 saints [emoji469]

This is my prediction also.I think they will score first via a dubious penalty & both teams will be reduced to 10 men with the half time score being 1-1.

Saints to be roared on by a healthy crowd of over 4,500 to the win 3-1

1 hour ago, munoz said:

I'm liking this 3-1 talk . A wee tenner at Mr Hills could pay for the post match celebrations . 

When was the last time we lost 2 league games on the bounce to the manky basturds ? 1887 ? 

18/1 but I wouldn't go getting the drinks up on the strength of this.

6/1 for 1-1 seems more likely. :rolleyes:

On 12/12/2016 at 7:30 PM, Gordon Urquhart said:

That was thirty odd years ago when a few pints never stopped someone jumping in their car. Rightly, changed days where this is now unacceptable.

Agree with point of no public transport, no games scheduled.

Think this match should be a lunchtime kick off. Trains, buses and even pubs shut early that day.

And also, FTOF.

Pubs shut early on Hogmanay?

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

18/1 but I wouldn't go getting the drinks up on the strength of this.

6/1 for 1-1 seems more likely. :rolleyes:

I'll take your advice on the drinks part . I do think think we'll win though , so why not 3-1 ? 

3 hours ago, munoz said:

When was the last time we lost 2 league games on the bounce to the manky basturds ? 1887 ? 

33 years ago in the league. Nearly 38 years if you throw in the cup.

Over the same period, we've had.... you can take you pick from: 7 wins on the bounce, 12 unbeaten, a different 10 unbeaten, 6 wins in a row at Cappielow, a different 6 wins in a row at Cappielow, 16 games unbeaten at Cappielow (14 wins and 2 draws), 2 separate runs of 14 and 18 years unbeaten at Cappielow, etc, etc.

1 minute ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

33 years ago in the league. Nearly 38 years if you throw in the cup.

Over the same period, we've had.... you can take you pick from: 7 wins on the bounce, 12 unbeaten, a different 10 unbeaten, 6 wins in a row at Cappielow, a different 6 wins in a row at Cappielow, 16 games unbeaten at Cappielow (14 wins and 2 draws), 2 separate runs of 14 and 18 years unbeaten at Cappielow, etc, etc.

Good stats . 

3 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Everyone seems very positive and optimistic for this one considering they recently gubbed us off the park down there.

Hope you are all right..... 

That game was as bad I've seen us play in many a year . That won't happen tomorrow .

11 hours ago, munoz said:

I'll take your advice on the drinks part . I do think think we'll win though , so why not 3-1 ? 

Well, we have only scored 3 goals twice in the league this season, against teams in the bottom half of the league.

Morton have not conceded 3 goals in any league game this season, although they did get an early drubbing 4-0 from Hibs in August. In ALL the other games they have only conceded 2 maximum.

Morton are 3rd in the league, we are bottom.

Morton have only lost one game from the last ten.

Some believe all this means nothing :rolleyes:, I happen to think, even taking into account we have improved recently, we will do ok to get a draw.

Of course nothings certain, sport is littered with "shocks" but it's more littered with teams on for winning. :whistle

William Hills have us at 6/4, Morton at a generous 9/5 with the draw 23/10.

I'll be going for both teams to score as it will be close so no need to go one way or the other to win some money.

Edited by faraway saint

Good Morning from Sneckie fellow Buds. Three points today would be great and would cheer us all up a fair bit.

However.....if the weather we have at the moment that is supposed to move South to good old Paisley arrives with the same effect

as it's having up here  then I would fear for the Match going ahead/finishing.

This rain started last night and is the reason I would not come down in the car today, going and returning in the pissing wet 

up and down the A9 in winter not for me anymore. I hope it does go ahead and we get the points. I'll just have to settle for the 

Radio or attempt to get St.Mirren tv ,as according to eBay  , Inverness is not on the Mainland so I qualify.......

COYS

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Well, we have only scored 3 goals twice in the league this season, against teams in the bottom half of the league.

Morton have not conceded 3 goals in any league game this season, although they did get an early drubbing 4-0 from Hibs in August. In ALL the other games they have only conceded 2 maximum.

Some believe all this means nothing :rolleyes:, I happen to think, even taking into account we have improved recently, we will do ok to get a draw.

Of course nothings certain, sport is littered with "shocks" but it's more littered with teams on for winning. :whistle

I'll be going for both teams to score as it will be close so no need to go one way or the other to win some money.

Stop being so sensible ya big party pooper and get on the we're going to scoosh it train.

All aboard, we are about to leave the station. Bring on the Ton.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Your much too sensible for me . What's this researching the form all about ? 

I usually place my St Mirren bets with my heart . 

Todays the day . 

Going to risk public transport today after all. Hopefully the ugly sisters draw so that the knuckle draggers are unsure as to whether or not to be angry/cause trouble.

We can get a victory today and I believe we will. I'm not quite as optimistic as everyone else though - I'll settle for a hard fought 2-1.

COME ON YE SAINTS!

Same starting XI as last week.

St Mirren Starting XI: Gallacher, Naismith, MacKenzie, Webster, Irvine, Quinn, Magennis, McAllister, Mallan, Morgan, Sutton

St Mirren Subs: Langfield, Baird, McLear, Gallagher, Hardie, Clarkson, Shankland

Edited by FTOF