SMiSA's Latest Update

4 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

i'm glad I stopped handing over membership fees. Once there is some proper transparacy...I may review my decision, but in the meantime my money is going elsewhere. 

And I'm glad that you were one of what you called mugs who paid over your money to the club to help finance a player before you quit. :)

i also note you'll never pay money in ever again... as there is no such thing as 'transparacy' relevant to this context.

you have a devious dull way with words...

These days organisations all over the place are having to stop because of a shortage of volunteers and committee members. Fair play to SMiSA if they've managed to buck this trend and ended up with more committee members than they should have! They've been desperate for help for years and this will be the first time in a while, possibly ever, they've had a full committee, and now people are moaning about how the members have been appointed and the possibility of there being too many.

If people are just concerned that they may have breached their constitution then fair enough, however I can't help feeling reading the posts some people (:rolleyes:) have ulterior motives. If you're really that concerned about who is on the committee and how many members there are I'm sure you could put yourself forward at the AGM or offer to help before then. God knows why you'd want to as you'll just have your efforts belittled at every turn by folk who think they know best - the same with any voluntary organisation really. Plenty of people happy to whine about what is being done, sod all of them prepared to help out themselves.

I imagine if SMiSA do have too many folk on their committee it's just an oversight rather than an attempt to pull the wool over folk's eyes. It happens. In Dumfries and Galloway, there's a rule that community councils must adopt a constitution within 3 months of an election. Hardly any of them realised this until it was too late - even the council, who introduced the rule, didn't realise it happened. It only came to light when someone who had lost out in an election brought the matter up in a bid to cause trouble (although ironically that particular community council had realised what they had to do).

Thank goodness we don't have anyone so bitter and petty on here :whistle

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

These days organisations all over the place are having to stop because of a shortage of volunteers and committee members. Fair play to SMiSA if they've managed to buck this trend and ended up with more committee members than they should have! They've been desperate for help for years and this will be the first time in a while, possibly ever, they've had a full committee, and now people are moaning about how the members have been appointed and the possibility of there being too many.

If people are just concerned that they may have breached their constitution then fair enough, however I can't help feeling reading the posts some people (:rolleyes:) have ulterior motives. If you're really that concerned about who is on the committee and how many members there are I'm sure you could put yourself forward at the AGM or offer to help before then. God knows why you'd want to as you'll just have your efforts belittled at every turn by folk who think they know best - the same with any voluntary organisation really. Plenty of people happy to whine about what is being done, sod all of them prepared to help out themselves.

I imagine if SMiSA do have too many folk on their committee it's just an oversight rather than an attempt to pull the wool over folk's eyes. It happens. In Dumfries and Galloway, there's a rule that community councils must adopt a constitution within 3 months of an election. Hardly any of them realised this until it was too late - even the council, who introduced the rule, didn't realise it happened. It only came to light when someone who had lost out in an election brought the matter up in a bid to cause trouble (although ironically that particular community council had realised what they had to do).

See you , ya rascal. :rolleyes:

The forum really has degenerated into a bitter and cheerless place recently. I thought I was a miserable bastard, too, but reading some of the stuff on here makes me seem positively bubbly in comparison.

Absolutely brutal.

Edited by Drew

Just now, Drew said:

The standard of your responses hardly lifts things, it has to be said.

Lighten up ya grumpy twat. :lol:

If you remove "you know who" and his followers the forum would be pretty normal.

In fact it's really not changed.

Start a thread about the SNP or something political, that'll keep the a few posters away from SMISA etc. :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Drew said:

The forum really has degenerated into a bitter and cheerless place recently. I thought I was a miserable bastard, too, but reading some of the stuff on here makes me seem positively bubbly in comparison.

Absolutely brutal.

I promise to try and post more. 

This place needs more glee. :D

I'm totally at a loss getting to grips with this thread. Being a SMISA member I dont give a toss if there is one guy on the committee or one thousand girls and guys on the committee . As long as some good is being done for the club if that's painting the toilets black and white , helping to get a player in or just buying a reading lamp for the refs dressing room then great its something that may not have happened if not for SMISA and its members.  Seriously some people have too much time on their hands. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm totally at a loss getting to grips with this thread. Being a SMISA member I dont give a toss if there is one guy on the committee or one thousand girls and guys on the committee . As long as some good is being done for the club if that's painting the toilets black and white , helping to get a player in or just buying a reading lamp for the refs dressing room then great its something that may not have happened if not for SMISA and its members.  Seriously some people have too much time on their hands. 

There, a cheery post. :D

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I offered help six months ago so I'm guessing you aren't talking about me. However I do find it interesting that you chose to defend the SMISA board despite it becoming increasingly clear just how shambolic the operation is. Over the last few days we've had confusion over whether there are 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13 members on the SMiSA board. We've had one person - Kenny Morrison - claim that there are 12 people on the board including himself and David Riley amongst that number. Then we've had David Riley tell us that he and Kenny have never been co-opted in and that they have no input or influence over the board other than attending meetings and being asked their opinion. No-one seems to be able to give a definitive answer on whether David Nicol is still on the SMiSA board or whether he resigned his position after being elected as the SMiSA representative on the St Mirren board. There's others who you would assume were on the SMiSA board from the tone of their posts, although since they hide behind an alias it's impossible to know, who claim that SMiSA aren't a Community Benefit Society despite SMISA's registered listing with the Charity Commission stating that they are, and the same person claiming that the community SMISA is supposed to be "putting the club at the heart of" is the supporters of the club - who already have the club in their heart. 

You've got a decision taken without membership approval to grant an interest free loan from member funds to a commercial business, and a restricted vote that excluded any alternative options from being put forward to the membership for consideration, which has granted the commercial business a £9k gift from member funds to help cover staff wages. This laughingly being sold to members as being essential to save St Mirren, who have an annual wage budget of over £1.2m, from relegation. 

In the six months I was a member I saw a bid from the SMiSA board to limit the number of candidates for election as SMiSA representative on the football club board, with their restrictive job description which has since been removed from the web and I've seen the SMISA board take executive decisions to exclude spending suggestions from members from their voting choices. 

From the outside looking in SMiSA is an utter clusterf**k and it's dangerously laughable that members are continuing to donate their £12 - or £25 per month - without looking for proof that the SMiSA board is meeting it's obligations in a manner that is remotely competent. A serious concern has to be the lack of published minutes from their meetings and the lack of openness and accountability from the board. People can do what they like with their own money - I choose not to hand mine over to people I can't trust to deliver on the promises in their pre takeover blub and on their own constitution. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Irony alert. :lol:

yet another boring post from the desert bore... 

Thought I was on 'IGNORE'?  :rolleyes:

But, of course, I'm not.  You're alone, abroad, in a boring location: you need anybody to communicate with you.  Even if it's disdain you're receiving.

As I have your attention, as ever, why (on the weather thread) did you ask for someone (anyone else!)  to tell me something, when you were responding to a post of mine that you should have been ignoring...?

That genuinely baffles me.  :unsure:

When you put someone on 'ignore' it usually means you ignore their posts, not that they should ignore yours.

I hope this helps?

41 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I offered help six months ago so I'm guessing you aren't talking about me. However I do find it interesting that you chose to defend the SMISA board despite it becoming increasingly clear just how shambolic the operation is. Over the last few days we've had confusion over whether there are 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13 members on the SMiSA board.

Right you have said, several times indeed.

You point has deen made, your opinion is clear, your position on this matter has been well established.

Two things

1)  For goodness sake stop repeating yourself man.  We get you are not happy and also why.  ENOUGH.

2)  I couldn't care less.  In fact nobody really cares.  

To sum up

You do not need to tell us the same thing again

Very few people care.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Absolutely brutal.

Ach, cheer up. I have now handed the artwork over for the Hall of Fame panels twice... so I'm certain something must be happening with them. Happy days!

3 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Here's a cheery note. It's the SMiSA board night out tonight,first night out for all umpteen of us. I will get back to you later and tell you how many were there, i will also ask each individual what they want to be called. Personally i'd like to be called Peter.

Sounds fun... I want to be Mr Black. No, you're Mr Pink...

3 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Here's a cheery note. It's the SMiSA board night out tonight,first night out for all umpteen of us. I will get back to you later and tell you how many were there, i will also ask each individual what they want to be called. Personally i'd like to be called Peter.

Can you please carry out a proper register, a real one with a clip board and a bic pen. That would make it official.

12 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Did you manage to find a venue big enough to accommodate all the board members?

4 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

Can you please carry out a proper register, a real one with a clip board and a bic pen. That would make it official.

Here's the template i'll use,

Guy who knows how to do sums.............................................................................

Story writer.................................................................................

Guy who licks envelopes and posts letters..................................................................

Man who talks a lot,while sitting on a chair.(or standing)...................................................................

Geezer who can put stuff on t'internet..........................................................................

Sausage roll thief..................................................................................................

Person who keeps it all together and scribbles notes on the back of a fag packet............................................................................................................

Cleaner...................................................................................................

Another guy who can do sums....................................................................................

Community heel dragger...............................................................................................

Person or persons with multiple aliases........................................................................................

Guy who props up Ralston...............................................................................................

Dude who shouldny be there (but is a welcome contributor).................................................................

#2 Dude who shouldny be there (but is a welcome contributor)...........................................................................