John McGinn

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'm still unconvinced, at this point, Villa would get that amount but if he/Scotland had A good Euro's, we all know what that could do for him. 

PS as much as I admire Grealish I still wouldn't put him in the £90m bracket, closer to £50m-£60m IMO. 

Grealish is outstanding, in today's market 90 million would be great price.

3 hours ago, ironsaints87 said:

Reckon 40 million would be minimum these days way the market is ,especially players playing his position and increasing year on year. He’s highly rated down south.So think we possibly get about 1.8 million if I’m correct if he went for about 40.

Plus 3.5% development money on top.

image.png.6d42a32da08a42fd27f3e75a1640d40a.png

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Football transfers, rumours, market values and news | Transfermarkt

Have a look here for a reality check on some players on, or around, the £40m mark

:lol:

Transfermarkt is and excellent source of stats but it is not reflective at all of a player's actual value or what a club would be willing to shell out.

For example it has Collin Quaner with a transfer value of £600k

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'm still unconvinced, at this point, Villa would get that amount but if he/Scotland had A good Euro's, we all know what that could do for him. 

PS as much as I admire Grealish I still wouldn't put him in the £90m bracket, closer to £50m-£60m IMO. 

You need to consider the English players levy that sees bang average players like Ben Chilwell and Danny Drinkwater moving for £40-£50m for the simple fact that EPL clubs need to register a minimum number of English players. Grealish or Declan Rice in that market would pull in £80m without much strain of thought.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Transfermarkt is and excellent source of stats but it is not reflective at all of a player's actual value or what a club would be willing to shell out.

BUT it shows what a player has actually SOLD for.

Transfer value is little more than a guess and means little, the same as my opinion.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

You need to consider the English players levy that sees bang average players like Ben Chilwell and Danny Drinkwater moving for £40-£50m for the simple fact that EPL clubs need to register a minimum number of English players. Grealish or Declan Rice in that market would pull in £80m without much strain of thought.

Ben Chilwell has been capped by England 14 times and is in the running for the full back slot for this summers Euros? :blink:

Drinkwater was transferred for £35m, not the £40-£50m figure you've quoted. 

Grealish is, as I have mentioned all over this forum, a great prospect but wouldn't get £80m and Rice certainly wouldn't as his position, generally, doesn't sell for as much. 

This is all my opinion, which I made clear when similar talk was all the rage last season. (see a few pages back)

I've also said IF McGinn/Scotland had a successful Euro's his value could rise, I've seen crazy prices for players that have come from nowhere in International tournaments. 

Edited by faraway saint

If I recall Celtic bid about 1 mil and Villa out bid them with a bib in the value of 2 mill. Would any of the top English clubs pay 40 mil I doubt it McGinn is a foreign player and the English players have a premium (so many national players required for European football) His value has risen but in my opinion to about 20 mil. In his favour he has a long contract (2025) and if 2 teams want him, we know prices can get silly. I can see him staying at Villa for the foreseeable future so I would not hold my breath while waiting for our cut of any transfer fee.

We should sell him before he's out of contract [emoji38]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, antrin said:

He’s been a hero to me, since starring in the League Cup semi-final.

Despite his immense talent and success, he has no airs and graces.  A genuinely lovely, self-deprecating lad.  :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56451300

The Boy was immense in that game, had Wanyama in his back pocket 😎

• 2 weeks later...