Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Confirmed from Hibs AGM that they will be entitled to 15% of a future sale of John McGinn by Aston Villa to which Saints would be entitled to 30%.

As an example, if he was sold for £40M, Hibs would receive £6M from which we would get £1.8M.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Confirmed from Hibs AGM that they will be entitled to 15% of a future sale of John McGinn by Aston Villa to which Saints would be entitled to 30%.

As an example, if he was sold for £40M, Hibs would receive £6M from which we would get £1.8M.

That on top of our development fee would be a healthy wedge, on top of what we've already received. 

Hopefully a couple of interested clubs come the end if the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, munoz said:

That on top of our development fee would be a healthy wedge, on top of what we've already received. 

Hopefully a couple of interested clubs come the end if the season. 

There was similar "fantasies" at the end of last season.

FWIW I doubt, IF anyone was interested, McGinn would go for anywhere near £40m.

Villa have at least ONE player that would attract attention and he, IMO, would possibly be in that bracket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There was similar "fantasies" at the end of last season.

FWIW I doubt, IF anyone was interested, McGinn would go for anywhere near £40m.

Villa have at least ONE player that would attract attention and he, IMO, would possibly be in that bracket. 

Time will tell. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You only have to go back 2 or 3 pages on this thread to read similar "fantasies", aye, time will tell.

Same time same place next season? :wink:

The thing is with some of the crazy amounts flying about for players in England stranger things have happened. Not saying it will or won't, but transfer numbers down there are f**kin absurd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

There was similar "fantasies" at the end of last season.

FWIW I doubt, IF anyone was interested, McGinn would go for anywhere near £40m.

Villa have at least ONE player that would attract attention and he, IMO, would possibly be in that bracket. 

I  think they could get around £40m for him if a few clubs are interested in signing him .  He recently signed a new deal and when you look at £30m for West Ham fringe player Benrahma, who's not even a regular for the Algerian national team, then £40m seems realistic. Grealish would be more like £90m.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, billyg said:

I  think they could get around £40m for him if a few clubs are interested in signing him .  He recently signed a new deal and when you look at £30m for West Ham fringe player Benrahma, who's not even a regular for the Algerian national team, then £40m seems realistic. Grealish would be more like £90m.  

I'm still unconvinced, at this point, Villa would get that amount but if he/Scotland had A good Euro's, we all know what that could do for him. 

PS as much as I admire Grealish I still wouldn't put him in the £90m bracket, closer to £50m-£60m IMO. 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care who they are but no player anywhere is worth £9.million never mind £90M.Notts forest have a lot to answer for .Paying a million for Trevor Francis back in 1979 f**king ruined the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I only have a limited number of changes of underwear  :spud2  - is there much likelihood pf this happening? 

Why not?

As has been highlighted already, clubs pay crazy money for players these days. Some of them who are pretty ordinary, compared to McGinn.

Also, McGinn has been performing fairly consistently for a team currently sitting in the top half of the English premiership and has been knocking in the goals at international level. If he continues with this current level of performance, particularly in the Euros,  then there's every chance that the bigger clubs that are monitoring him just now, could make a move.

You could also argue that, at 26, he's still got time to develop further and become a better player with a better team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I  think they could get around £40m for him if a few clubs are interested in signing him .  He recently signed a new deal and when you look at £30m for West Ham fringe player Benrahma, who's not even a regular for the Algerian national team, then £40m seems realistic. Grealish would be more like £90m.  

Reckon 40 million would be minimum these days way the market is ,especially players playing his position and increasing year on year. He’s highly rated down south.So think we possibly get about 1.8 million if I’m correct if he went for about 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'm still unconvinced, at this point, Villa would get that amount but if he/Scotland had A good Euro's, we all know what that could do for him. 

PS as much as I admire Grealish I still wouldn't put him in the £90m bracket, closer to £50m-£60m IMO. 

Grealish is outstanding, in today's market 90 million would be great price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ironsaints87 said:


Reckon 40 million would be minimum these days way the market is ,especially players playing his position and increasing year on year. He’s highly rated down south.So think we possibly get about 1.8 million if I’m correct if he went for about 40.

Plus 3.5% development money on top.

image.png.6d42a32da08a42fd27f3e75a1640d40a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Football transfers, rumours, market values and news | Transfermarkt

Have a look here for a reality check on some players on, or around, the £40m mark

:lol:

Transfermarkt is and excellent source of stats but it is not reflective at all of a player's actual value or what a club would be willing to shell out.

For example it has Collin Quaner with a transfer value of £600k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'm still unconvinced, at this point, Villa would get that amount but if he/Scotland had A good Euro's, we all know what that could do for him. 

PS as much as I admire Grealish I still wouldn't put him in the £90m bracket, closer to £50m-£60m IMO. 

You need to consider the English players levy that sees bang average players like Ben Chilwell and Danny Drinkwater moving for £40-£50m for the simple fact that EPL clubs need to register a minimum number of English players. Grealish or Declan Rice in that market would pull in £80m without much strain of thought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Transfermarkt is and excellent source of stats but it is not reflective at all of a player's actual value or what a club would be willing to shell out.

For example it has Collin Quaner with a transfer value of £600k

BUT it shows what a player has actually SOLD for.

Transfer value is little more than a guess and means little, the same as my opinion.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

You need to consider the English players levy that sees bang average players like Ben Chilwell and Danny Drinkwater moving for £40-£50m for the simple fact that EPL clubs need to register a minimum number of English players. Grealish or Declan Rice in that market would pull in £80m without much strain of thought.

Ben Chilwell has been capped by England 14 times and is in the running for the full back slot for this summers Euros? :blink:

Drinkwater was transferred for £35m, not the £40-£50m figure you've quoted. 

Grealish is, as I have mentioned all over this forum, a great prospect but wouldn't get £80m and Rice certainly wouldn't as his position, generally, doesn't sell for as much. 

This is all my opinion, which I made clear when similar talk was all the rage last season. (see a few pages back)

I've also said IF McGinn/Scotland had a successful Euro's his value could rise, I've seen crazy prices for players that have come from nowhere in International tournaments. 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...