NEW: The Sin Bin

div

3 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Ooooh dear.  Shull is one of the forum's better members.  He may have a bee in his bunnett regarding the price of pies, the wages of footballers, the price of most things and erm well thats him.  Hopefully Shull wont be too long.  

Now if the sin bin is to become over used then the purpose of the sin bin will be circumvented, circumvented indeed.  Be careful with your new found power, the most important power one in a position of power posesses is the power of discretion.  

The sin bin should not be a fun place for outcast sinners to unite, sinners can of course shadow every available thread but one would hope that not every forum user would stop by to entertain them.   The sin bin should be a lonely place where the sinners can reflect upon the behaviour that saw them admitted in the first place.  

You are right TT. I think Div should ensure this is the case by making sinners only able to post in the sin bin on the topics they started. Sorted?

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Oh I don't know. I'm quite enjoying the break from endless shite threads being started every two minutes about subjects that are possibly only of interest to the voices in his head.

Each to their own though.

Well yes.....

I must say Shull should be on the more lenient side of the sin bin punishments.  He may have called me a dunderheid earlier this evening but that is basically polite banter.  

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Oh I don't know. I'm quite enjoying the break from endless shite threads being started every two minutes about subjects that are possibly only of interest to the voices in his head.

Each to their own though.

Not to mention that he usually had several replies from, well, err, Shull, before anyone else decided to contribute.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Not to mention that he usually had several replies from, well, err, Shull, before anyone else decided to contribute.

I popped into the sin bin this afternoon and posted a few entries on Shulls threads about Sooper fandans and sensible people but they have disappeared not just my entries but the entire threads. Even my notifications have gone. Can this happen.

I did mention a conspiracy theory about Div removing rivals so he could climb the leaderboard. Could this be relevant or am i just imagining posting things. Is the sin bin a sort of Bermuda triangle where not only sinners but postings disappear into oblivion.

Image result for bermuda triangle .

The sin bin has certianly improved the quality of this forum.  I even read the Smisa thread earlier and StuDick did not make every second post!

I am looking forward to see how this joyful new feature develops.  

Perhaps we could give our more serious sin binners lengthy sentences (2 years etc) with an option to have the sentence cut in return for various selfless acts.  I of course have some suggestions

1)  In May StuDick has to vote (on film for proof) SNP in the council elections in return for a 6 month reduction.

2)  Shull could buy the entire west bank a pie from our fantastic caterers in return for a release.

3)  StuDick has to purchase a season ticket for Motherwell, go to every Motherwell game, join the Motherwell fans forum and post on said Motherwell fans forum 89 times per day in return for 2 days off his sentence.

More ideas on a postcard

On 19/01/2017 at 7:40 PM, TediousTom said:

The sin bin has certianly improved the quality of this forum.  I even read the Smisa thread earlier and StuDick did not make every second post!

I am looking forward to see how this joyful new feature develops.  

Perhaps we could give our more serious sin binners lengthy sentences (2 years etc) with an option to have the sentence cut in return for various selfless acts.  I of course have some suggestions

1)  In May StuDick has to vote (on film for proof) SNP in the council elections in return for a 6 month reduction.

2)  Shull could buy the entire west bank a pie from our fantastic caterers in return for a release.

3)  StuDick has to purchase a season ticket for Motherwell, go to every Motherwell game, join the Motherwell fans forum and post on said Motherwell fans forum 89 times per day in return for 2 days off his sentence.

More ideas on a postcard

More ideas? Simply dip in and have a read at the Dicko' hard-on providing thread 'American Protesters' - then only one idea needs mooted.... lock the Sin Bin door and throw away the key.

52 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

More ideas? Simply dip in and have a read at the Dicko' hard-on providing thread 'American Protesters' - then only one idea needs mooted.... lock the Sin Bin door and throw away the key.

I must say my fleeting visits to the sin bin are to post superior quotes to the sinners.

Gleefully I have not read a thing that Dicko has posted for a few days now.  The quality of my life has improved!

A small suggestion if I may, a small suggestion indeed.

To add to the embarassment (part of the punishment and as such the rehabilitation of the sinner) Div could rename the sin bin. Something so terrible no decent person would want to be kept there.  I suggest we rename the sin bin....

GREENOCK

Have to say that introducing The Sin Bin has been a resounding success.

It's good to have reasoned discussion and debate without the distasteful trolling and endless drivel posted in the form of "The Broons" dialect.

Well done div!:cheers

Edited by FTOF

Just had a look in. Morbid curiosity I suppose. And. Feck me. They do know how to spout proverbial p!sh in there.

StuD must be going through a box of hankies an hour.

This is no punishment. It's a great idea as Div now has effectively two sites. The sin bin is general nonsense taken to the nth degree. Long may their lumbs reek as it gives respite to those who want to discuss rather than dispute. :clapping

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Just had a look in. Morbid curiosity I suppose. And. Feck me. They do know how to spout proverbial p!sh in there.

StuD must be going through a box of hankies an hour.

This is no punishment. It's a great idea as Div now has effectively two sites. The sin bin is general nonsense taken to the nth degree. Long may their lumbs reek as it gives respite to those who want to discuss rather than dispute. :clapping

I dipped in because on the forum main page it showed Dicko's thread 'American Protestors'. As someone who has regularly visited America for over 20 years the subject matter was one I couldn't ignore. Good grief though, he hasn't changed. Must be an empty room somewhere he could go to start a fight in.

Edited by pozbaird

21 hours ago, pozbaird said:

. Must be an empty room somewhere he could go to start a fight in.

that was supposed to be the Sin Bin but there's little fighting going on there. Biggest fight has been Faraway's fight to dig his tunnel & escape

It seems a popular thing for the mob to do is to slaughter Stuart Dickson but the amount of those folk who've gone for a peek to see what he's up to is something else.

7 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

that was supposed to be the Sin Bin but there's little fighting going on there. Biggest fight has been Faraway's fight to dig his tunnel & escape

It seems a popular thing for the mob to do is to slaughter Stuart Dickson but the amount of those folk who've gone for a peek to see what he's up to is something else.

The forum seems to be surviving without his slabbering shite seeping into every crevice though. Oh sorry, the rest of my 'mob' are looking for a loan of my pitchfork and burning torch. Must hurry.. 

9 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Morbid curiosity? That and the fact you can see his ridiculous POV without it bleeding into every thread.

ETA. Gies that pitchfork Poz!

Edited by stlucifer

11 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Personally I haven't had a peek but for those that do I relate it to an accident. Folk have a peek as they have a morbid curiosity then go away thinking thank f**k that wasn't me in there.

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Personally I haven't had a peek but for those that do I relate it to an accident. Folk have a peek as they have a morbid curiosity then go away thinking thank f**k that wasn't me in there.

I haven't done it often, but there is definitely an element of poking with a stick fun to be had on occasion . 

10 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Like watching grass grow. Honestly I've given up on the rest of the forum. Divs experiment has only served to prove that the vast majority of St Mirren fans are extraordinarily dull, stupid, or deluded - and most often all three. I'm glad Div chose to elevate me and a small number of carefully selected others to shine like an beacon above all of the dross. 

StuD is happy in exile.

I don't think we should spoil it for him. Ever.

22 hours ago, Drew said:

StuD is happy in exile.

I don't think we should spoil it for him. Ever.

Looks like he's trying to convince himself more than anyone else that the sin bin is the place to be. Classic "No, you can't dump me - I'm dumping you" stuff.

The only thing that intrigues me about the sin bin is how elvis has still managed to avoid it.

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Looks like he's trying to convince himself more than anyone else that the sin bin is the place to be. Classic "No, you can't dump me - I'm dumping you" stuff.

The only thing that intrigues me about the sin bin is how elvis has still managed to avoid it.

Why should Elvis be in it ?

He has been consistently correct about his Team for years on this Forum ?

Just because the Sooper Dooper Fanny Fans don't agree, he should be in the Bin.

You talk shite

The joke is beginning to wear off. You can only poke the loonies with a stick so long before you start to feel sorry for them. 

After all, we don't want to turn this into FOLLOW, FOLLOW where only those that know all the words to the sash are aloud on the site. 

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:53 PM, The Shull said:

Why should Elvis be in it ?

You talk shite

Not half as much as elvis consistently does.

He's not a fan.. .  at least not a St Mirren fan.  I admire his posting style cos I think it has been an impressive wind-up designed to depress real Buddies.

There has never been ANY positive comment from him.  Ever.

Edited by antrin

Just now, antrin said:

Not half as much as elvis consistently does.

He's not a fan.. .  at least not a St Mirren fan.  I admiree his posting style cos I think it has been an impressive wind-up designed to depress real Buddies.

There has never been ANY positive comments from him.  Ever.

Well. In that case he can leave the building as the team are doing his job for him.