Jump to content

shull

Croatia v Scotland Euros 22/6/21

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's a balance, if you keep lumping the ball, ala St Mirren ,you end up with nothing.

Most teams play possession football and most teams, not all get the results in the end. 

We posted earlier that getting a decent result, and performance, would be great.

The results WAS decent, the performance was 50/50 with some concerns in defence for me. 

 

No don’t get me wrong. I’m not advocating lumping it forward willy nilly. But there was literally umpteen times tonight when the wing back was on for a pass from the midfield, but instead they turned and passed it back to the defence. McGregor was absolutely criminal tonight for it. Any number of times Fraser was completely free on the right wing screaming for the ball. When I say we’re not direct enough I mean we don’t MOVE the ball forward enough, not LUMP it forward. We need to take more chances. Be more adventurous. Especially against a team like the Faroes. We take “patience” to an extreme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No don’t get me wrong. I’m not advocating lumping it forward willy nilly. But there was literally umpteen times tonight when the wing back was on for a pass from the midfield, but instead they turned and passed it back to the defence. McGregor was absolutely criminal tonight for it. Any number of times Fraser was completely free on the right wing screaming for the ball. When I say we’re not direct enough I mean we don’t MOVE the ball forward enough, not LUMP it forward. We need to take more chances. Be more adventurous. Especially against a team like the Faroes. We take “patience” to an extreme. 

It's fitba, not always straightforward and easier to see from "the stand" than on the park.

I agree, especially in the 1st half, we were pedestrian, but we looked more "direct" overall in the 2nd half.

They, at times, also looked dangerous and were worth a goal TBH.

They did take the lead against Austria remember.

It is what it is, as I said a decent result and reasonable performance with some decent individual performances.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

OMG I just noticed McLean started, I never noticed him till late in the game. :lol:

Pretty much the normal for him IMO. 

The "invisible man" unfortunately. 

Ha ha. I actually thought McLean had a really solid game. Very tidy the whole match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

OMG I just noticed McLean started, I never noticed him till late in the game. :lol:

Pretty much the normal for him IMO. 

The "invisible man" unfortunately. 

He had 79 touches with an 89% pass accuracy rate and was the third highest rated player behind Tierney and McGinn.

You obviously weren’t paying much attention 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He had 79 touches with an 89% pass accuracy rate and was the third highest rated player behind Tierney and McGinn.

You obviously weren’t paying much attention 😆

79 touches, 89% pass accuracy........................yet hardly over the half way line? 

Rated in what way, surely not meaningless touches/passes? 

In fact, who said this...We overplay far too much. If fitba was about making as many backwards passes in 90 minutes then we’d be world champions.  :lol:

Touches and pass accuracy tell us the square root of feck all as, in fact you were shouting loudest, we were fannying about most of the time in the first half. 

A game where we had about 70% possession and he contributed, not a lot. 

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

He was one of the best players on the park Mourinho :lol:

Was he? 

This report seems to have missed his magnificent contribution. :lol:

5 pages of test posts, 2 mentions (in his own half) 

Scotland 4-0 Faroe Islands: Che Adams off the mark in thumping win for hosts - BBC Sport

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at all the results so far in the qualifying games gives the impression there's goals galore. 

Also quite a few shocks, the main reason Bet 365 have, overall, creamed me. :lol:

Only 6 teams have maximum points, Sweden, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, England and Armenia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

79 touches, 89% pass accuracy........................yet hardly over the half way line? 

Rated in what way, surely not meaningless touches/passes? 

In fact, who said this...We overplay far too much. If fitba was about making as many backwards passes in 90 minutes then we’d be world champions.  :lol:

Touches and pass accuracy tell us the square root of feck all as, in fact you were shouting loudest, we were fannying about most of the time in the first half. 

A game where we had about 70% possession and he contributed, not a lot. 

Was he? 

This report seems to have missed his magnificent contribution. :lol:

5 pages of test posts, 2 mentions (in his own half) 

Scotland 4-0 Faroe Islands: Che Adams off the mark in thumping win for hosts - BBC Sport

That seems to be a very long and unnecessary/unrelated response to a very small point which you seem to have completely and utterly missed.

The stats I quoted were intended to make one point and one point only. That being that if he touched the ball 79 times during the match (more times than the other two midfielders) then it’s rather strange that you never noticed he was playing.

Absolutely no requirement to be so defensive/argumentative. 
 

Oh and by the way, when did “Solid” and “tidy game” represent “Magnificent performance”.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That seems to be a very long and unnecessary/unrelated response to a very small point which you seem to have completely and utterly missed.

The stats I quoted were intended to make one point and one point only. That being that if he touched the ball 79 times during the match (more times than the other two midfielders) then it’s rather strange that you never noticed he was playing.

Absolutely no requirement to be so defensive/argumentative. 
 

Oh and by the way, when did “Solid” and “tidy game” represent “Magnificent performance”.

Not really 

ray charles laugh GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That seems to be a very long and unnecessary/unrelated response to a very small point which you seem to have completely and utterly missed.

The stats I quoted were intended to make one point and one point only. That being that if he touched the ball 79 times during the match (more times than the other two midfielders) then it’s rather strange that you never noticed he was playing.

Absolutely no requirement to be so defensive/argumentative. 
 

Oh and by the way, when did “Solid” and “tidy game” represent “Magnificent performance”.

You really shouldn't take everything so literally. 🙄

Argumentive? 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You really shouldn't take everything so literally. 🙄

Argumentive? 😂😂😂

C’mon!! Repeat after me.....

I, Faraway Saint, an erstwhile decent chap of (relatively) sound mind, on 31 March in the year of our lord 2021, did without encouragement or provocation, chat a load of old bollocks on the football forum known as Blackandwhitearmy.

I hereby humbly apologise for said pish talk and make an irrevocable pledge never to talk such unadulterated mince again. 
 

Then we can put and end to this sorry tale.  😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

C’mon!! Repeat after me.....

I, TPAFKA Jersey 2, an erstwhile decent chap of (relatively) sound mind, on 31 March in the year of our lord 2021, did without encouragement or provocation, chat a load of old bollocks on the football forum known as Blackandwhitearmy.

I hereby humbly apologise for said pish talk and make an irrevocable pledge never to talk such unadulterated mince again. 
 

Then we can put and end to this sorry tale.  😄

Sorted. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...